I should call.

Why must I be the Unlucky One?

It’s already been a week since the kiss and the talk with Se Kyung unni. I haven’t been in touch with the SHINee members, even with Taemin. Thank heavens, he’s absent at school for the week. After the talk with Se Kyung, I felt too guilty that I don’t plan to talk to any SHINee or an artist anymore. I don’t have a reason to be with them anyway. I’m no longer a trainee. Now, I’m just a normal school girl who’s gonna watch her idols afar.

Flashback

“I don’t feel Jonghyun anymore.” She said and started to cry. As tears were rolling down her cheeks, I felt too guilty that I wanted to cry too. Jonghyun’s crazy, did he start to fall for me too? And now, he’s not talking to Se Kyung?

Why do I feel guilty? Shouldn’t I be happy that their relationship is falling apart? I thought bitterly. But then, I didn’t want to be the reason to cause them heartache. I don’t want others to feel what I felt.

“Don’t worry. He loves you so much.”

“You think so?”

“I know so.” I said to her. My heart feels being burned. Because what I said was true. Even if Jonghyun would tell me that he fell for me, He’s just confused. Deep down, I know that he loves her. So much.  

Even though I intend to watch them from afar, I would still go to the park everyday, hoping that he’d be there. Mr. Bench. The last thing he said to me was to call him if I’m over Jonghyun.

I can’t call. I’m ashamed. Ashamed that he tried to help me get over Jonghyun. Ashamed that he helped me and I didn’t help myself.

I came back to the park today after school. Instead of seeing Mr. Bench, there was already an old man sitting at my favorite bench. I sat next to him.

“Annyong hashimnikka.” I greeted him formally. He slowly turned his head to me and smiled.

“Are you waiting for someone too?” I asked him. Someone should pick him up. I don’t think he can walk too long.

“Aniyo. I just like it here.” Whaaat? Where does he live? I should send him home, he might catch a cold.

“Really? But Grandpa, it will get dark later, you might catch a cold. Where do you live?” I asked him.

“I thought you’re waiting for someone?” Right. I am. But,  he wouldn’t come.

“I don’t think he’ll come.” I said sadly.

“He will.” He assured me as if he really knew.

“He’s mad at me.”

“He’s not. Call him. Nothing will happen if you just sit around.” That’s true.

"Arasso, Grandpa. But I’ll send you home first.” I said.

“Aigoo~ He’s so lucky to have such a sweet girl like you.” That made me smile, but then we’re just friends. I helped him up and he pointed where he lives.

“Grandpa, you live here?” I was shocked.

“Ne~” he answered. Woah. Grandpa’s rich! So, He’s the one that lives in the mansion just across the park!

“I always wondered who lived here. You’re so lucky to have such a big place.” We were already by his gate.

“Well, It’s only me here and the maids. Feel free to visit me anytime.” He said sadly as he turned to enter the gates. I bid goodbye then went back to the park.

I thought back what he said earlier as I sat there on the bench. I grabbed my hand phone. I was debating whether to call or not.

I should call. Then I typed his ID name and punched in the green button.

I waited for him to answer. But then, my call was rejected. I tried a few more, but each time I do, it was only rejected. For the 5th time, I knew he shut off his phone. 

The number you dialed is not in service please try again later. I can’t help but cry. It was all I could do anyway. I’m a weakling who cries at every small matter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I thought you said you’d stay with me…"


So, Who's Mr. Bench? Now you know. :P

For those who don't. It's in Chapter 4. :)

Sorry if it's crappy. :)