Three

My Dad's First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie! What was all that talking in the interview? Was it really the truth?”

Jinkyung’s stylist gapped at her, as soon as the young celebrity entered her van and flopped on the seat. “No freaking way... so all those suffering in the movie script... was your dad who faced them all?”

Jinkyung nodded with a smile. “I thought you guys already knew... or at least I thought you’ll assume with the amount of crying I did while shooting. Didn’t it look weird when I used to cry even during breaks at shooting?”

The younger girl answered thoughtfully. “Come to think of it... we all thought it was a bit odd that you burst into tears every time you read the script. So this was the reason then.”

The actress plugged the earphones in her ruby studded ears, and the music shuffle. And a pair of arms flung around her neck, making her startle with a tight hug. “My poor Jinnie unnie... you went through so much...”

Jinkyung couldn’t help chuckling at her stylist’s affection. “It’s not me who suffered girl... I don’t even remember what happened back then. It was my appa who suffered.”

“Whatever!” the girl tightened her embrace. “Since I can’t hug Mr. Kim, I’ll just hug you.”

~~~~~~~~

Jae In vacuumed the entire house.

Wiped the tables and did the laundry, although there weren’t much clothes too be laundered.

And she cleaned the entire kitchen, and did grocery shopping and refilled the almost empty fridge with essentials with the credit card Junmyeon had given her to use for the house keeping expenses.

And she didn’t forget to bring a few toys for the baby, a pink rag doll, a white bunny and a rotary music box to hang over her cot.

She paid for the bunny herself, a gift from nanny to baby Jinnie.

 

Back to the apartment, she decided to go through an old cupboard she found behind Junmyeon’s bedroom door. There she found a white lace table cloth, which she used to cover the small vanity table in the living room. The few photo frames she found, one of them Junmyeon’s college graduation, another, a low quality Polaroid camera photo of his twenty first birthday, cutting a small chocolate cake with his mom. The red digits on a corner of the photo gave away his age.

He’s twenty eight now.

And the third photo, was of him with a taller guy, a selfie taken at a beach.

Must be his friend.

 

He had their wedding photo hung on his bedroom wall, so she didn’t make any changes to it.

It might hurt him even more to see her face everyday...but who am I to take away his wedding photo?

Let’s just keep it there.

 

Giving the living room the final touch, she put the baby’s breath she had bought on her way to a glass vase, and placed it on the coffee table near the couch.

Done and dusted!

The baby wasn’t bothering at all, and sleeping soundly the whole time in her cot and in the baby stroller when she took her out on grocery shopping.

Such a sweet baby...not bothering omma at all.

Ah... I mean ‘nanny’.

~ ~ ~ ~

Getting his request to leave work early rejected, Junmyeon had to return home at the usual time in the evening, utterly exhausted after a long day. But stepping into the living room while ing his blazer and taking off his shoes, he looked up to be completely amazed by the totally made over living space.

Everything seemed so fresh and new. From the squeaking clean floor to the coffee table with flowers, and the simply redecorated vanity. His eyes were glued to the photo frames on the vanity, when she walked out of his bedroom with a baby in her arms.

 

“When you’ll be coming back from work, I’ll be here waiting for you with our baby, after cleaning up the whole house.”

He recalled his late wife’s words from a day he had to clean the house after coming home from work. That was due to her being unwell often during her months of pregnancy.

“I’m sorry Junmyeon-ssi, I’m causing you more and more trouble by getting sick often.” She had often said.

 

“Junmyeon-ssi?”

He snapped out of his memories and looked back at her. “Is anything wrong? I just... did what I thought would look nice. If you’re displeased with it... just tell me. I’ll change them.” the girl quickly added.

“Ah...not at all.” He shook his head with a smile. “Jae In-ssi have you eaten? If you haven’t, you can have dinner with us here.”

Jae In stared at his with rounded eyes. He continued with a chuckle. “Don’t worry... I won’t deduct your payment for meals. It’s just...there’s no need to cook dinner separately at both your place and mine. Just eat with me here.”

He hated eating alone. He didn’t want to admit it directly, but she understood what’s going on in his mind at once.

It must be hard to be on his own. Poor Kim Junmyeon.

And she stayed for dinner. Not only that night, but every night that followed.

~ ~ ~ ~

Walking out of the well renown entertainment agency building, the young male looked around the street. And he saw a small figure standing on the opposite side of the road, who sprang into life and started frantically waving at him once she saw his eyes on her.

“Aish...” the idol trainee muttered to himself, after giving her a nonchalant wave with a slight smile and walking up to the crosswalk. “Can’t she at least where something half fashionable? What’s with those culottes and tank top? She should know this is Seoul...not some farming village!”

 

The girl grinned from ear-to-ear when her boyfriend crossed the road and finally reached her. Holding himself back the best he could when she s her hand around his arm, he looked down at her with a forced smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter