Jung Hoseok I

Trivia Love

A/N:
Hoseok POV, and the beginnings of YoonMinSeok. There's mention of what's happening with NamJin, but tbh this is pure YMS :D

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!~

I should mention that this entire story is the result of a few ideas tossed back and forth between myself and @yoongihrs on Twitter, and because she helped me with my NamJin I offered her compensation with a side ship she wanted to see, her choice was YoonMinSeok, so here we are.

Enjoy and I hope you all have a very merry and safe Holiday Season! ♥


"Oh man, you can't even get this equipment in Korea yet!" Hoseok marveled as he ran a hand over the turntable he had never imagined he would get to look at much less touch.

Beside him Yoongi smiled fondly, "Jiyong hyung visited America last year and he remembered a comment I made in passing, and next thing I know it's like Christmas morning."

"Woah," Hoseok marvelled. "That's awesome! Your family is really close I take it?"

"You can say that." Yoongi hedged and moved away to sit at the edge of his bed.

A moment of silence passed between the two of them while Hoseok admired the turntable. Then, in a soft voice, Yoongi asked, "How much did Taehyung tell you about himself?"

Hoseok opened his mouth, pursed his lips, and frowned.

Taehyung was one of the closest friends he had, they had shared many memories together, but as Hoseok gave thought to just who Taehyung was, nothing came to mind. Hoseok hadn't really given it much thought, but now that he considered it, he really didn't know much about Taehyung aside from his interests, hobbies, and quirks. He had an idea of how well off Tae was financially, but neither he nor the others had ever pried into his family history and Taehyung had never offered.

"Truthfully? Not much." Hobi answered after a while and took a seat on the unoccupied desk chair, letting his eyes wander the room he found himself in.

It was nice, calming in a sense. The walls were a lovely shade of sky blue, not the bright baby blue people often thought of when the word sky was mentioned, but a deeper one more along the lines of a bright starless night sky. There were two beds pressed closely together, presumably to allow more space in the room for the various items that were within it. One side was domineered with music equipment, a state of the art computer, mic recorders, turntables, a small keyboard, a drum set, a couple of guitars, bases, speakers of all shapes and sizes, amplifiers, and just about everything else that was on Hoseok's wishlist.

And the other was a collage of anime posters, mixed in with maps of the night sky and the many constellations that decorated the night, propped up against the wall were a few high end telescopes. Some spare tripods were lined against a corner where a bookshelf stood proudly. The bookcase held books that ranged from music theory to the patterns of the stars in the bottom layers while the top ones were lined with mangas and figurines from various animes. There was a second desk, where the chair Hoseok was sitting on had come from, instead of a computer though, the desk housed a laptop and various textbooks that also had to do with astronomy by the looks of it.

"That side is Jimin's." Yoongi's voice pulled Hoseok out of his observing. "He likes to study the stars. Got a degree in it too a while back, but said he might go back to school again if he can."

Hoseok's eyes widened slightly, as he thought back to the smiling boy that was introduced earlier to him as Jimin. "Oh? What did he get, a BS in Astronomy?"

"Masters, actually." Yoongi clarified and nodded over to the wall behind Hoseok.

Hoseok swiveled his chair to face the wall easily and his mouth dropped. There was a vast array of certifications behind him, and each one of them was a Bachelors of Science or a MS in Astrology awarded years apart to one Park Jimin from either a known university or a certified online institution.

"But... to get a Bachelors and a Masters, you'd need to go to school for—"

"A minimum of four for the Bachelors and two additional for a Masters, so more or less six years if you're lucky. I once went for a Doctorate, but I didn't like the sound of Doctor Park all too much, and I had no intentions of becoming a teacher so…" a voice that wasn't Yoongi's finished Hoseok's sentence.

Hoseok turned in his chair, his mind racing with the information that was handed to him as he tried to grasp and make sense of it. "But to do that you'd have to be at least twenty-four to have the first set of certificates and to have this many. From three different schools that's… that's, you'd need to go to school for… how long have you been in school?"

Jimin flashed Hoseok a charming smile as he closed the door and walked into the room, onto the bed and behind Yoongi where he wrapped his arms around the other man's neck and propped his chin on the musicians head. "If you add in the breaks I took in between schools then you get about thirty-seven years of school. I would have stopped after the first couple of them, but the universe is always changing, new planets and galaxies are being discovered and explored every day. So every few years I start fresh. Can't go entering schools too close to one another or people start to ask questions. That's when online schools work best."

Hoseok was pretty sure that his brain short circuited for a couple of seconds as he was left staring at Jimin, trying to find the crack in his facade that would lead him to believe that he was lying. Maybe his true passion was photoshopping and lying to people instead of astronomy. But there was no crack—not even a hairline fracture—it was all just open honesty and Hoseok was left balking at the men before him.

"I think you should have gone a little more easy on him, Jiminnie." Yoongi murmured after a bit and effortlessly lifted himself off of the bed, carrying a clinging Jimin on his back as he walked over to Hoseok and gently closed his gaping mouth.

"Despite his cute face, Jimin is around ninety-six years old if you were to count the amount of time that has passed since he was born until now. We really don't have an exact date of when he was born, but we estimate his birth year to be somewhere around 1922. Anyway, his life was pretty much what you would expect for a kid of that time. He was raised in poverty and lost his parents at around fourteen or so, after that he had to provide for himself. Jimin was too kind to steal, cheat, or lie so he did the only thing that he could for a boy his age and enlisted into the military.

"Keep in mind that there was no end in sight for the war at the time so his only two choices were either military service or being pulled into the labor force and shipped out to Japan. Against some odds Jiminnie enlisted into the military and got in, don't let his current muscles deceive you, I bet he was thinner than me back then with being malnourished and all that. But they needed people, so he was accepted into the ranks, I believe that was around 1938. The next seven years went by with him fighting for his life, and after the war… well." Yoongi scrunched up his nose with clear distaste.

"Things weren't great," Jimin picked up the tale, nuzzling his cheek against Yoongi's in what Hoseok assumed was an attempt to console the other.

"War benefited our country in a way, but it severely impacted it too. Korea was slowly getting back on its feet after the war but in the meantime some of us were without jobs or homes and we needed to find food and shelter. I managed well enough on my own for the first few months until one night I was attacked." Jimin looked up to Hoseok, hazel eyes searching Hoseok's for something. Understanding perhaps.

"Hoseok hyung, do you believe I'm telling the truth?"

Hoseok's heart was hammering in his veins. He gulped before answering, "Of course I do."

Jimin rewarded him with the brightest smile Hoseok had ever seen, and Yoongi huffed softly but the slight curl of his lip let Hoseok know that he was happy with his answer too.

Jimin's smile dimmed a little as he continued his tale. "Have you heard of the tales of the gangshi?"

Hoseok nodded, an inexplicable feeling of anticipation overcoming him.

"I didn't believe in them when I was a kid." Jimin confessed, "I always thought that they were an old tale told by parents so that we would be more careful outside and come home early when we were supposed to. And after everything I had seen while I was enlisted, the thought of those stories were silly to me, they were nothing more than fabricated stories to scare kids into being well behaved. And after what I had just been through, what could be scarier than war and getting blasted to bits, you know? All that changed when I met a real gangshi. Luckily the legends of the gangshi aren't completely accurate otherwise I'd be hopping around looking like a sun bleached Namekian from DBZ or worse, a decaying corpse." Jimin's face scrunched in distaste much like Yoongi's had earlier.

"I can't really remember everything that happened that night other than finding a place to rest for the night the next thing I know there was a weight on me and I felt disoriented. I faded in and out for a while. I remember thinking, this is it, I survived a war just to die here. But then… I remember sad eyes and a woman's face smeared with blood. I was force fed the lady's blood I guess and next thing you know I wake up the next afternoon alone and perfectly fine… Until I tried to go into the sun. Did you know that vampires are forced to be nocturnal during their first few decades? We can't stay up past dawn without some trouble and we wake up around the time the sun sets, also the sun really does burn our skin. But as we mature the symptoms fade. Anyway, I freaked out when I tried to walk out of the abandoned house I had slept in when I burned off half my arm. But when night came around I got hungry.

"I'm not proud to say that I did the same thing that my Sire did. I killed innocent people to feed over the next few days. Even with my burned arm, the act wasn't hard, I was stronger than those I killed. But I made the mistake of leaving the bodies where they could be found. Luckily the ones to find me were Jiyong and Seunghyun hyung instead of the hunters that were in the area. Hyungs located me and after taking me to a safe place they explained what had happened to me. The woman who Sired me was supposed to stay and raise me, but she didn't; she left me and they kinda adopted me. I've been with this Coven ever since, and when I get bored and want to know more about what's outside of our little planet I go back to school, but now I wish I had taken Tae up on his offer if I knew I was gonna get to be friends with all of you." Jimin smiled, finishing his tale.

"That's a lot to take in." Hoseok admitted, voice subdued. But no put off. "So, just so I get things straight… what you're tryna tell me is that all of you are vampires? Like everyone in the house?"

"Not counting you and your two other roommates, yeah." Yoongi replied.

Something clicked in Hoseok's brain then and a laugh eased out of him, "So you really weren't kidding when you said you were nocturnal?"

Yoongi cracked a smile, "Of course not. I haven't seen full on daylight for five years now."

Hoseok's eyes widened at that, "Were you made a vampire by accident too?"

Yoongi huffed out a breath and leaned back onto Jimin, who automatically cradled him against his chest. "My story's not as interesting as Jiminnie's and some of the others in the house. I was born in Daegu twenty-eight years ago. I lived a pretty average life: went to school, spent time with friends and family, was introduced to the internet early on in middle school, and witnessed the start of social media. It was around fourteen that I was introduced to the underground scene and went by the alias of Gloss, fast-forward a couple of years when I was known as Suga I was diagnosed with Leukemia. I was told that I had about three years left to live so, all of my anger, depression, desolation went into the next couple of tracks as AgustD.

"Jiyong hyung happened to hear of my misfortune and somehow tracked me down. He made me an offer in the form of a new life. He said that he was impressed by what I was able to create and that it was a shame to lose that sort of talent, so he gave me the option to continue doing what I loved. I refused him at first, I had friends and a family that I couldn't just leave behind. But after some time, I realized that I would be leaving them behind regardless of whether I took his offer or not, and then I came to the conclusion that I can't watch over them if I'm dead. But I could if I accepted Jiyong's offer. He Sired me and I regained a part of my life I thought I was going to lose forever. Every now and then I call home and check in on my parents. They believe I'm doing a treatment overseas… I couldn't cut ties with them, but seeing as I don't age." Yoongi shrugged.

"I'll have to come clean to them someday. But for now, I'm content with how things are. They don't have to worry for me and I'm happy that they were spared the agony of losing their son."

Hoseok's heart went out to the pair, neither of them had been dealt a good hand when they had begun their lives, but now they appeared to be happy and Hoseok was glad that they had found their happiness after their ordeals. But there was something Hoseok didn't understand.

"Why are you choosing to tell me this? You guys look like any other twenty-some year old around, you aren't deathly pale, or green, I can see your reflection, crosses don't bother Tae and neither does garlic. I wouldn't have ever been able to guess much less suspect you were vampires."

"If we want to be friends with you we can't start off with lying to you." Jimin reasoned and Hoseok was stunned by the simplicity of the answer.

Still, he had to ask. "But what about Namjoon and Kookie?"

Jimin pouted, "We want to be friends with them too."

"But," Yoongi added, "Taehyung made it clear that if Jungkook ever found out, then he would be the one to tell him. As for Namjoon, something tells us that Seokjin has the ball on that one."

Hoseok wasn't too thrilled to find out that he would be lying to his two best friends and roommates, but he couldn't help but feel honored that he had been entrusted with such a secret. And above all he was flattered that he was on his way to being friends with Yoongi and Jimin.

The three talked for several hours after that, the topics ranging from music to dance, astrology to myths, and to shows that they shared in common.

Hoseok eventually had to leave the mansion, but spurred on by his curiosity and growing fondness for the pair, he found himself visiting them as many times as he could over the following days.

He learned early on that it was rude for anyone, vampire or not, to ask—directly or indirectly—how someone was turned, since that was an intimate moment in a vampires life. If someone wanted you to know, they would tell you.

He also learned that nearly everything he thought he knew about vampires was a lie. Their hearts did not in fact stop beating, instead it worked at such a slow pace that people had mistaken it as vampires having no pulse at all. They also radiated heat just like any other living creature, albeit at a cooler degree to that of a humans. And even more astonishing than any other facts, Hoseok found that vampires could eat any kind of food but some of them were still allergic to certain foods either from before their turning or developing them later on in their lives so it was entirely possible for a vampire to die from a severe peanut allergy.

"Most of those myths on keeping vampires away were created by vampires." Yoongi had claimed one day.

Jimin had laughed but agreed. "Our vampire ancestors knew we had to find a way to blend in if we were to survive, and what better way than to throw all of their suspicions in a different direction? Avoiding mirrors would be a dead give away in this society, what with every building having a window polished enough times to pass off as a mirror. Then there's the salt thing, and the crossing of running water, we can wear silver without burning our skin off, and Holy objects are as deadly to us as they are to you."

Hoseok also learned a little bit about the vampire hierarchy and family system. Turned vampires were called Descendants and their makers were Sires. As explained to him with Jimin's story, Descendants were expected to stay and be raised by their Sire's so most Coven's consisted of Sires and their turned Descendants, but other vampires could align with a Coven as well. That was when the hierarchy came into play. At the top stood the oldest vampire, followed by the second oldest, and so on. However, in the case of their particular Coven, even though Seunghyun was the oldest amongst them, he had turned over his leading position to Jiyong, but other than that the rest of their ranks were standard.

Just as Hoseok learned about Yoongi and Jimin's lives, he shared his own experiences. Hobi told them where he was born, in the lovely city of Gwangju. And how his family had moved to Seoul a decade ago, and how he had fallen in love with dancing at a young age, then how he failed to join a dance academy and started performing underground with a team instead. He kept telling the duo that his life was pretty dull compared to what they had been through, but they kept reassuring him that they wanted to know about his life anyway.

After some time, they even coaxed Hoseok into showing them one of the easier choreographies he knew and after a while he taught Jimin some moves.

Hoseok's visits were fun and every time he had to head back home, he was saddened by the thought of leaving. But he had to go home at some point.

Hoseok wasn't the only one who returned to the mansion after their first visit, Jungkook and Namjoon tagged along when they had time off from their jobs too. Sometimes all six of them would hang out together, or they would splinter off into individual groups with Namjoon following one of the two groups like a lost puppy always in search of Seokjin.

Hobi hadn't noticed it at first, but after week two of their visits, he began to take note of how Seokjin was always missing.

One afternoon, while Jimin and Hoseok waited for Yoongi to wake up, Hobi asked if Taehyung's older brother was avoiding them and in turn Namjoon. Much to Hoseok's surprise, Jimin had been hesitant to answer. He quickly assured Hobi that it wasn't that he wanted to keep a secret from him, but that it wasn't something he was free to tell. He was, however, able to give Hoseok enough insight for him to gather that Seokjin was undergoing some sort of treatment that would help him live amongst humans easier. That revelation led Hoseok to ask Jimin if he was a bother to him and Yoongi and if his presence was okay to be around.

"And you're sure that you're comfortable around me?" Hoseok asked for the fifth time, hesitant to place his head on top of Jimin's again.

"For the last time yessss." Jimin stressed reaching up and pressing Hoseok's cheeks together, squishing them. "I am completely comfortable around you, Hobi hyung. And so is Yoonnie"

"Are you comfortable with us?" a sleepy voice drawled from Hoseok's left and warm hands pulled at his arm until it was enveloped in Yoongi's body heat when the vampire cradled Hobi's limb against his chest, placing his chin on Hoseok's shoulder.

"Of course I am." Hoseok's immediately responded, he didn't even need to think about it because he knew the statement to be true.

Despite knowing that the two—and everyone in the estate really—were vampires, the fact didn't bother him as much as one would think. Hoseok was well known to frighten easily, but his fears were often to things he didn't know would happen, like a jump scare or a sudden scream next to his ear. Besides, what fear he may have had towards knowing vampires were real, it wouldn't have been anywhere as strong as his feelings for the friendship he had created with Yoongi and Jimin. Hoseok would love them even if they were snakes… now that would have taken some time getting used to but he had no doubt in his mind that it was a given fact.

"Good." Yoongi murmured nuzzling his nose into the crook of Hoseok's neck.

"We're glad." Jimin agreed with Yoongi and reclaimed his spot on Hoseok's other side, snuggling into him and sharing his body heat as well.

"We're glad we decided to trust you." Jimin whispered, letting his lips ghost over Hoseok's cheek before pressing against the apple of his cheek for a brief moment.

Hoseok had gone home that night wondering if that small affectionate gesture had ever happened or if it was just his imagination conjuring it up.

Yoongi and Jimin were both attractive, and when asked if that was a result of vampirism as well, the two of them swore on their seemingly endless lives that being turned never played a part in their appearances. Hoseok had expressed doubt, unable to believe that it hadn't changed their appearance when everyone in the mansion was gorgeous.

There were times in his visits when Hoseok would catch himself letting his eyes linger on either of the two vampires a little longer than what was socially acceptable. But, Hoseok couldn't find it in himself to get rid of the bad habit. It was too rewarding.

He liked to sneak glances at Yoongi and his sombre expression that would often melt away when he gave Hoseok or Jimin one of his big smiles that revealed his gums and showed off his pearly white teeth—fangs perfectly hidden. Hoseok really liked how Yoongi's face brightened when he smiled. He also found himself very fond of a sleepy and surprisingly cuddly Yoongi, with his half lidded eyes nearly hidden underneath the fringe of his soft black hair and a seemingly permanent pout that didn't leave his lips until he fully woke up.

Yoongi, Hoseok had learned, was not as standoffish as he had first portrayed himself to be. He was just a little more introverted than the people around him. He was a kind and calm person that liked to observe and analyze the situation before he decided on what to say or do. He also had a silly side that Hoseok had had the pleasure of experiencing one day when he managed to get Yoongi to dance with him. It was a very adorable sight to witness.

Jimin on the other hand, was exactly what one would expect. A cute ball of sunshine. Jimin was the most affectionate of the two vampires—Hoseok was even willing to bet his money that he was the most affectionate person within a ten kilometer radius. He wasn't at all shy in his affections, always greeting every member with a smile or a hug, sometimes both. And if Jimin knew that the receiver of his hugs was okay with it, he would cling onto them until he was satisfied his affection had gotten through.

Jimin had asked Hoseok early on in their friendship if he was okay with cuddling with him. Hoseok had of course said that it was fine. And so the open invitation had lead to many afternoons and nights sharing one another's space with a sleepy Yoongi. Jimin was the embodiment of sweetness, but there was still a little glimmer of playfulness that twinkled in his eyes, it manifested itself in random bouts of games with some of the other vampires. Such as the one time that they played hide and seek in which the finder was blindfolded ten times over and had to wear headphones with blaring music in order to make the game more fun.

Hoseok found out quickly that he looked forward to seeing Jimin's smiles that lit up his whole person—not just his face—and creased his eyes into two lovely crescent shapes.

He treasured them, Hoseok realized one day while he was writing down notes for his literature class. In the small span of a few weeks Hoseok had come to genuinely care deeply for Jimin and Yoongi. He looked forward to the days he could visit the mansion and get to spend as much time with the duo as he possibly could before he had to drag himself back home and rest up for the next day.

Twelve days—not that Hoseok was counting—after his revelation, Yoongi took a hold of his hand and interlaced their fingers together. "Why don't you stay the night, Hobi?"

Hoseok's eyes widened slightly and judging by the heat on his cheeks, Hoseok was willing to bet his left leg that he was blushing all the way up to the tip of his ears. "Are you sure, Yoongi?"

"Yeah." Yoongi said without missing a beat and stood from the bed in one graceful movement, "C'mon let's find you something to wear to sleep. I think we can mix match something between Minnie and me. Go wash your face and brush your teeth."

Hoseok nodded mutely, unable to—unwilling, really—to rebuff Yoongi's sudden decision.

"Look in the third drawer on the left down." Jimin called after him, not long after that there were shuffling sounds coming from the other side of the bathroom door. In the mentioned drawer, Hobi found an unopened toothbrush, and he couldn't help but smile at the thoughtfulness.

He did as he was told and when there was a knock at the door, he accepted the clothes he was given. Hoseok changed into the clothes, and looked at himself in the mirror. The clothes were soft and comfortable, but it was clear that they were made for someone a little shorter than him if his exposed ankles and tightness around his chest were any indication. It didn't bother Hoseok though as he left the room and rejoined Yoongi and Jimin.

"Sorry about the fit." Jimin said, smiling bashfully. "I can go with you tomorrow morning to pick out some stuff and bring it here for when you want to stay over, that way you can be comfy in your own clothes."

"We can empty out one of the drawers over here too so you can store them." Yoongi added casually taking Hoseok's hand once more and pulling the young man into the large bed.

Hoseok didn't resist the pull, he rarely did when he was with them. Yoongi had decided that it was Hoseok's turn to sleep in the middle and the youngest of them didn't mind at all.

"Would you really do that for me?" Hoseok asked in a hushed whisper, not wanting to poke holes in the warm and tender scene between them and risk shattering the ambiance.

"Only if you're okay with it." Jimin murmured snuggling into Hoseok's back and burying his nose in Hoseok's dark hair. "Would you be okay with that?"

"I wouldn't want to impose." Hoseok yawned out, his body betraying him by assaulting him with a sudden sleepiness he had been able to fight off until that moment.

"If we thought of it as you imposing we wouldn't have asked you to stay." Yoongi pointed out, though not unkindly. "But it's up to you, don't feel pressured to agree."

"I'm not." Hoseok murmured back, eyes drooping and his fatigue catching up to him despite his unwillingness to give in to it. "Thank you."

"Don't thank us for being selfish." Yoongi whispered and before Hoseok fell asleep he felt yet another feather light kiss being pressed to the corner of his mouth.

That night Hoseok slept dreaming of the sun and moon and how beautiful they both were.


"Hey Hobi." Jimin said while they were lounging on one of the houses many living spaces, it was the middle of the afternoon so they hadn't joined Yoongi yet.

Hoseok hummed, keeping his eyes on his reading assignment, though no less attentive to Jimin's words.

"I think you would really good with red hair."

That declaration had Hoseok lifting up his reading material and looking down at Jimin who had his head on his lap. "What makes you think that?"

Jimin shrugged a shoulder, face lit by his beaming smile. "Okay, you'd look great in most hair colors. But I really think that red would suit you the most. Wanna try it?"

Hoseok couldn't help but shoot Jimin a bewildered expression. "What, you mean like right now?"

Jimin's widening smile was answer enough and Hoseok knew that whatever protests he had in mind were powerless. It was hard denying Jimin anything he wanted when he smiled at him like that.

Next thing he knew Hoseok was sitting on a small stool in Jimin and Yoongi's shared bathroom. His chest was bare and a towel was draped around his shoulders while Jimin worked bleach into his hair and let it set.

As they waited, Hoseok marvelled at the clean dye job that was taking place on his head. He had dyed his hair only once in his life at the insistence of his sister. And truth be told, the experience had gone similarly to his current one, with his sister pulling him into the nearest bathroom and adding a chemically infused paste into his hair. Unlike back then though, Hoseok wasn't itching to tug his hair off. Jiwo had meant well but they had gone wrong somewhere and let the bleach stay too long in his hair, drying it out and making it feel like a lump of straw stuck to his head.

"Did you minor in cosmetology?" Hoseok asked when he was set back down, a shower cap on his head and a berry scented smell lingering around him. Jimin had just lathered a pale cream to his head, claiming it to be a deep conditioning hair mask. Jimin explained that it was necessary in order to avoid the dry straw effect.

Jimin chuckled and rummaged through one of the lower cabinets, pulling out a bowl and a very red looking bottle. "Na, I picked up a few things from going with Jiyong hyung to his hair appointments and YouTube. At some point I decided to do it at home instead of the salon and found out that I like being able to do it here more. I save time and a few pennies that way. I had pink hair a couple of months ago, but Seunghyun hyung asked me and some of the others to refrain from dying our hair for a little bit while Jinnie hyung got used to things."

Hoseok hummed, it wasn't the first time that he had heard of Seokjin needing to adjust to things, or of how the other vampire needed to be taken care of in some way or another. It was strange, in Hoseok's opinion, how Jin was treated. As if he was more delicate than the other vampires in the household.

Perhaps whatever Seokjin was dealing with was the reason they rarely saw him around the house. Hobi never asked for any details pertaining Seokjin and no one offered any explanations. He felt as if it wasn't his place to ask, Hoseok was welcome in the house and he got along well with most if not all of the occupants, but he was still a guest and if he was meant to know he was sure they would have told him.

The one who did ask about Seokjin whether he was in the mansion or not, however, was Namjoon. When he would see Hoseok after one of his visits, he would ask—not so casually mind you—if Hobi had seen Seokjin somewhere. And his answer was always the same, no, sorry Joonie.

Namjoon took it pretty hard from what Hoseok could see, in the eyes of the music student, the two had gotten off to a pretty good start in their friendship. And then after sharing what had apparently been a feast, Jin had gone AWOL. It was a curious case, but again, Hoseok wasn't sure he was in a place to investigate. Taehyung was the only one who they could turn to for answers, and he always said the same thing: Jinnie hyung is fine, he's just doing something with hyung.

Hearing that would immediately place Namjoon in a slump, but he would stick around for what Hoseok assumed was a glimmer of hope that he would catch a glimpse of Jin.

"Pink?" Hobi repeated, returning to the bathroom when Jimin beckoned him back to the bathtub, holding the elongated showerhead in order to wash the mask out of his hair. "I bet it suited you."

"Mhm, Yoongi really liked it too." Jimin beamed and let the water run until it was at room temperature and started to run the water through Hoseok's hair. "Maybe I'll redye it that color again after I touch up my roots."

"You two are really close aren't you," Hoseok murmured, glad that he wasn't facing Jimin, keeping his eyes closed as the water trickled down his neck and face, washing away the remnants of the sweet smelling conditioner. "Are you two… together?"

"You know, there was a time when I wouldn't have known what you meant." Jimin laughed, shutting off the showerhead and covering Hoseok's head with a towel, drying his hair. "At least the implications of it, back then we called it what it was, being in a relationship."

Jimin set the towel aside and started to lather yet another cream onto Hoseok's hair. "This is the last step I promise. But, yeah. Yoongi and I are boyfriends."

Unbiddenly, Hoseok's heart sank in his chest at the revelation, not that he wasn't happy for his friends. He was. If Hoseok was being honest with himself, he had suspected as much.

The pair was extremely close, and while it was a known fact that Jimin was the equivalent of a human octopus, there was no one he clung to the most as he did to Yoongi—Hoseok was quickly becoming a close second, however—and in return Jimin was the one Yoongi lit up for the most.

After his dream about the lovely pair of a sun and moon. Hoseok had reflected on the fact that Jimin and Yoongi very much fit the roles for the two celestial bodies. Jimin had a way to just make anyone's day brighter by simply being there, he was warm and had a wonderful charisma that pulled people into his orbit and kept them there. Yoongi was almost his polar opposite. He was distant and because of that he was perceived as cold, but Hoseok learned that Yoongi was just blunt with his mannerisms and straightforward to a fault. There was a calming and serene presence to him that called out to people in the same way waves reached out for the moon. Yoongi was the cool balm that soothed out Hoseok's mood on a particularly hard day and Jimin was the blanket of comfort that he could snuggle into.

And it was during these comparisons that Hoseok found out that he had developed a crush on not just one of the vampires but on both of them. He wasn't sure when it started or what he was supposed to do with the feelings he had discovered, Hoseok just knew that they were there and he was lost with what he should do.

Sometimes he was able to fool himself into thinking that a look here and there meant more than just a casual glance, or that a hug or lingering touch meant something more. Perhaps Hoseok had been too hopeful that one of the two, or even both, friends would reciprocate his feelings.

"Does that bother you, Hoseokkie?" a soft voice asked, pulling Hoseok from his turmoil of emotions.

Hoseok's eyes widened as he turned his head over to the entrance, his neck popping and sending a flash of pain down his spine with the sudden movement. Yoongi really had a way with waking up at the right moment.

Yoongi's eyes were drooped and puffy with sleep, but there was an intensity in them that was rarely present this early in waking hours. He was studying Hoseok keenly, silently asking him the same question, but never pushing for an answer.

Unfortunately, it seemed that Hoseok's voice had decided to abandon him in this crucial moment, because he couldn't for the life of him find it and express what he was thinking. Hoseok was positive that both vampires could hear how fast his heart was hammering in his chest, but he couldn't make himself look up, he was afraid of the reaction he knew he would see. He was a human, he wasn't meant to be involved in their world the way that he wanted to. Still they deserved an answer from him, and though he knew they wanted to hear one, they didn't rush him.

Both of them let him sort things out as Yoongi stepped into the bathroom as well and leaned onto the wall behind Jimin.

"It doesn't." Hoseok finally said, keeping his head lowered. His words weren't a complete lie, their being together didn't bother him in the way that they probably thought it did. He was fine with their affection and their relationship. He was just disappointed in a sense that he had fallen for two people who had already found their match.

"But?" Jimin prodded gently.

"What makes you think there's a but." Hoseok returned, probably a little more snippy than he meant to.

"You're free to say what's on your mind, Hobi." Yoongi encouraged gently.

Hoseok bit his bottom lip as he kept his eyes trained on the floor, ignoring the invisible pressure around him to spill his feelings. "It's really fine. I'm not, you know, against guys being together. I'm not like that."

Jimin didn't push anymore and neither did Yoongi, but there was a heavy tension within the room that none of them wanted to provoke. It was an oppressive and overbearing feeling that made Hoseok's skin crawl and made him want to run out of there missing shirt and red gooped hair be damned.

The choice of running was taken away a few moments later when Jimin began washing the red dye out of his hair. The silence continued even as Jimin toweled his head dry once more.

Then Hoseok was presented an image of himself he didn't recognize. The boy in the mirror was listless, despite his now bright red-orange hair, he was sullen and Hoseok couldn't connect him with the young man that he had seen in the very same mirror earlier that same day.

"I'm sorry." Hoseok finally choked out, glancing at both vampires through the mirror.

"You don't have to apologize Hobi, you didn't do anything wrong." Yoongi offered a smile, but the heavy atmosphere dampened it's usual effect on Hoseok's nerves.

"We should be the ones apologizing." Jimin added, looking just as forlorn as Hoseok did.

"For being together?" Hoseok asked incredulously, "Don't ever apologize for that… I'm sorry I didn't see the signs that you two were together before. All this time I thought that you were just very inviting and friendly and then I had to go and think things that I shouldn't and now I'm gonna make it all weird between us—"

"What do you mean think things?" Yoongi cut off Hoseok's rant with a small frown.

"And how will it start being weird between us?" Jimin added, concern in his voice.

"Because I like you." Hoseok whispered, unable to keep the words to himself and hating his inability to control them. Tears burned in the back of his eyes as he cursed his traitorous brain to leave out that particular piece of information. But it was too late, it had been spoken. Hoseok's shoulders fell, and he finally turned to face the two people he had come to care about more and more about in the past couple of weeks then he ever thought he would. "I like you both more than I should. And the last thing I want to do is be a guy that comes between you."

"More than you should." Yoongi replied slowly, expression relaying nothing.

"Yeah." Hoseok released a shaky breath, and tried for a smile but it seemed brittle even to him, "You know, as more than just friends. I didn't mean to crush on you guys, it just sort of happened, and I'm sorry about that."

"So you like us? Like like like us." Jimin said with a smile that could put the sun to shame. "As in both Yoongi and me?"

"I know how it sounds." Hoseok bemoaned, running a hand through his damp and coarse mane of red hair. "You're just both so ugh—and I can't really not like you. I'm sorry I should just go. I'll go—" he made a move towards the door and immediately found it blocked by Yoongi.

Neither vampire displayed their unnatural prowess around Hoseok, whether they did or not while he wasn't around he didn't know. Hoseok never asked if it was because there was no need for them to show off their powers or if it was because they wanted to make him feel more comfortable. It was probably because of this why he so often forgot that they were more than just human.

"Hoseok-ah." Yoongi's tone was gentle. "If you want to leave we won't stand in the way. Just hear us out for a second, okay?

Swallowing hard, Hoseok nodded his consent slowly.

Jimin reached for Hoseok's limp hand and hesitated, pulling it back to himself instead. "Remember when we told you of what we were?" Hoseok nodded.

"We meant it when we said that we didn't want any secrets between us. We really did want to be friends with you and we have fun with you when you come over. We look forward to your visits even if we only get a small amount of time with you, we anticipate them and we treasure those few precious hours we have with you before you leave for your house or work, even when you're here physically but your head is in dreamland. Not to be cheesy but…"

"You're like our universe." Yoongi finished blushing, the pink tint to his fair skin easily discernible.

"I'm your what?" Hoseok asked, knowing that he was mirroring Yoongi's expression.

The youngest vampire pouted. "Our universe. You talk in your sleep, you know. We didn't mean to overhear your thoughts but, can't really stop ourselves from hearing, especially when our hearing is amplified."

Hoseok's flustered blush shifted to one of embarrassment as he realized that at some point he had revealed his feelings without his knowing. "You mean…"

"Hey it's okay!" Jimin was quick to reassure Hoseok, "We think its cute that you think of us as a sun and moon. And we figured that if we were these great big pieces of the universe, then why can't you be our universe? Your heart is large enough to hold both the sun and moon in it, and your personality is as vast and as deep as the universe itself and at times as bright as a supernova, you're filled with a light all of your own Hobi and we love that about you. We like you. And we're more than happy that you feel the same way. But we also know that it's a lot to take in and process. We want to continue seeing you glow and be happy with us. So if you want to take some time and process this. It's fine. If by the end of it, you want to just be friends with us. We'll respect that and—"

It was Hoseok's turn to interrupt Jimin by putting a hand on his lips and stopping his rant. "You like me? You both like me?"

"We think we love you Hoseokie." Yoongi pulled away from the door and reached out to Hoseok's hand, holding it loosely in case he wanted to pull away.

Hoseok's hand automatically held Yoongi's tighter. "But… how would we?"

"It's simple, silly." Yoongi murmured and brought Hoseok's hand up to kiss his knuckles. "We just keep doing what we have been doing all along: spend time together, though we'll have a few more perks than just company."

"So we would all be boyfriends? The three of us?" Hoseok asked slowly, the smallest bit of hope lacing his question.

"If you want to honor us with the title." Jimin smiled kissing the finger against his lips and sending a new wave of warmth to the tip of Hoseok's ears. "But we can leave out any labels, if you want."

"We just want you to be comfortable." Yoongi reminded him.

"I am, and I want to. I want to be boyfriends with you guys, I want to keep hanging out with you, to call you my boyfriends and I really really want to kiss you both." Hoseok was smiling like he had just been given the world and more.

He had been rewarded with the love of both the sun and the moon who were more than happy to comply with his wish, shirt or not.


A/N: 

And there we have it ^^ YoonMinSeok are officially a pairing! They will have more scenes later on, but the next one will go back to Seokjin and Namjoon; TaeKook is in the horizon ^^; they aren't forgotten I swear.

Question of the Chapter: What do you think is harder? For someone from modern times to adapt to a previous Century, or vise versa as Jin is doing?

As always I look forward to hearing back from you guys! Thank you to everyone who has read, subscribed, and commented this story.

Now I shall get back to my The Untamed marathon >:3 See you next time!!~