Kim Namjoon I

Trivia Love

A/N: 

Okay so I'm a day late from my projected date, whoops, but better than no update no?

Also, quick note~ from here on out the POV will be switching from Seokjin to other members, you'll be able to tell who's 'narrating' based on the chapter names; When the narrative is seen through Seokjin's eyes there will be a chapter title, when the name of a member appears it's when the POV shifts. I'm sorry if this isn't a format you're comfortable with, but I feel this is how I can better tell the story, with different characters able to portray what they do and feel in some situations; and to be perfectly clear, the story will always revolve around Seokjin and subsequently Namjoon, it's just that sometimes and onlooker's perspective is needed you know?

That being said, Enjoy!~


The last thing Kim Namjoon was expecting to happen on a random Tuesday afternoon was getting hit point-blank by cupid himself and falling head over heels over a guy.

His day started as it usually did: woken by his second alarm, a quick shower, and breakfast before leaving the apartment as close to 7:50 as he could. Namjoon attended his music production class at eight-fifteen in the morning followed shortly by calculus at ten. And by noon he was at his job, looking after the many games and machines that were housed within Cypher Arcade.

Namjoon's shift even begun as it normally did, with a small crowd of kids and young adults roaming the isles in search of their next conquest or completely engrossed in whatever game they were playing.

Namjoon's job was pretty simple, his duties included minor repair—in the form of resetting, or in dire cases the 'Out of Order' sign and a call to the repair shop; strolling the isles to make sure kids weren't either vandalizing a machine or cheating in the games. Occasionally Namjoon would have to clean up messes here and there, but people were usually pretty good at obeying the 'No Food or Drink' rule.

It was safe to say that Namjoon's workload was pretty lax especially on weekdays when school was in session. Summer was a disaster all on it's own, but outside of that season, Namjoon was given freedom to roam and sneak in a game here and there. Because of that, he had developed a habit of using his position as an arcade employee to reuse the coins he collected to play games during his shift.

Namjoon was positive his boss was aware of the fact that he won small prizes and ticket stubs in order to leave them for a lucky customer to find. But he'd never gotten reprimanded for it, if anything it was rumored that the boss allowed it because he saw it as a reason customers continued to visit the arcade. Namjoon, on the other hand, suspected that the real reason kids and adults still visited the arcade was for the wide variety of games it hosted.

Namjoon was a pretty decent player if he did say so himself, though the game that he had the most skill in was the claw machine. While it was a common belief that claw machines were rigged, Namjoon knew that the opposite was true. Each claw machine just operated a little differently and given enough time and patience the trick to them was easy to figure out.

He had long since figured out the trick to the nine claw machines Cypher housed and he took advantage of that knowledge every now and then to win a little something for the kids of the arcade.

The young university student smiled in triumph as the claw closed around the leg of one of the stuffed animals—a little alpaca—and lifted it up into the air and towards the drop off zone.

Namjoon had been so caught up in his game that he had zoned out of the arcade around him, so when a nearby voice congratulated him Namjoon nearly jumped out of his skin. His hands jerked back towards himself and really, he was thanking every lucky star out there that he hadn't accidentally broken the claw machine's joystick.

Perhaps he should have expected an audience, it wasn't the first time and it certainly wouldn't be the last that someone marvelled at his skills on the game. But the people often praising him were children, who were noisy and loud enough to not sneak up on Namjoon.

When Namjoon turned his eyes to his spectator he suffered a massive brain meltdown. Whatever humble thanks Joon was about to give died on his lips at the same time that his brain short circuited and his words came out jumbled and barely coherent. "I—it was… Thank you?"

Namjoon normally wasn't someone who got flustered easily, especially not because of a pretty face, but there was always a first time for everything.

The young man who was standing close to Namjoon was in short; ethereal. Now don't get Namjoon wrong, he was by no means a romantic, he had never considered himself as one. He was also open about admitting when a guy was good looking. But this guy! He was just… there was no other way to describe him other than beautiful.

One of the first things that Namjoon noticed were the guy's shoulders and how wide they were, it was utterly unfair that someone was given such fine shoulders really. He was also tall, possibly a few centimeters under Namjoon's own height, but still at a very desirable height for most men. His skin was smooth, unblemished by any mark from what Namjoon could see. He had all the right proportions, not just in his face but all of him. The young man had somehow reached a level of beauty that Namjoon had always assumed was unattainable without the help of computer programs or a surgeon.

Then there were his eyes, Namjoon could see they were dark but couldn't make out the color of them in the dim lighting of the arcade. He could, however, see how they shone with unrestrained curiosity and wonder as he locked eyes with Namjoon. And finally, that hair. Namjoon hadn't ever considered letting his hair grow out to that length, and he sincerely doubted that he could ever pull off the look if he did try; but on the other male, it looked natural. Granted it was styled in a simple high ponytail, nothing special by any means, but it was still perfectly suited for him, and Namjoon could honestly never remember a time when he had wanted to run his hands through some other dude's hair more than he did at that moment.

Namjoon was doomed. From the moment he felt his heart leap up into his throat and slam back down into the pit of his stomach with enough force to send a frenzied swarm of butterflies to twist up his insides he knew he was smitten.

Over the course of the following three minutes, Namjoon tried to not embarrass himself in front of the beautiful stranger—and call him hopeful, but he thought he managed to make a good impression.

Unfortunately for him, their meeting was short lived and Namjoon had to see to his arcade duties before he could ask for the other's number much less his name.

Namjoon spent the next half hour of his shift helping out the occasional gamer and refilling one of the ticket machines. And while he was doing that, he craned his neck around and above machines with hopes of catching sight of the stranger he had given the toy to.

When Namjoon hadn't caught a single glimpse after half an hour of subtle looking, he figured that he had missed his chance and would never see the beautiful man again. But, then, to his surprise, Namjoon learned that he had bumped into Taehyung's mysterious brother.

Namjoon's attraction conflicted with his surprise and thus his words were more of a rant than anything else. However, before Joon could get carried away, he noticed that Seokjin was… off.

It was true that Namjoon didn't know Seokjin well enough—or at all, really—to tell for sure, but Tae's brother just turned as white as a sheet. The healthy tint to his skin was gone in an instant and a gray ashen pallor took its place.

Namjoon's words ceased and concern overcame him. Though before he could even begin to gauge the situation, Taehyung appeared out of thin air and with a hurried goodbye, he rushed Seokjin out of there. Leaving Namjoon to stare after them, unsure if he should follow after them to make sure if everything was okay.

"That… was weird right?" Hoseok asked, stopping just at Namjoon's left. "Tae was talking about how excited he was about a new camera he had gotten recently and then he just stops mid-sentence, looks in your direction and just goes as stiff as a rod. Next thing I know he's rushing over here like there's a fire under him and well you know the rest."

Namjoon didn't know what to say other than, "Yeah, that was weird. I just hope Seokjin is okay."

Hoseok intoned his agreement, falling silent for all of two seconds before he was digging his elbow into Namjoon's side. "So, when are you gonna ask him out?"

Namjoon's eyes widened comically wide, earning a laugh out of his friend and roommate. "When am I what?!"

"Oh please Joon-ah," Hoseok waved his hand dismissively, "I could see the heart eyes you were shooting Tae's brother from across the room. You're not exactly as subtle about your crushes as you think, you know."

Namjoon balked, cheeks heated with the blood that had rushed into them. "I— he is cute, but I wasn't shooting any sort of eyes at him."

Hobi laughed, actually threw his head back with the gesture. "Uh-huh, sure. Admit it Joonie, you got it bad."

Namjoon groaned and shook his head, using the position he had at the arcade to his advantage once more. "I gotta head back to work."

Hoseok chuckled and stuck around for a while longer before he too had to go to his part time job.

Alone at the arcade again, Namjoon turned back to helping his customers and doing the odd jobs that needed looking after. He would occasionally pause and contemplate calling Taehyung to see if everything was alright with them, but each time he came to the conclusion that he wasn't nearly familiar enough with Seokjin to be nosy about his health. So, Namjoon pushed away the temptation to call and returned to his work.

The rest of his shift went without incident and when eight rolled around, Namjoon helped his shift companion close for the day and headed home.

When Namjoon crossed the threshold of their shared apartment, the first thing he noticed was that Hoseok and Jungkook were already home. Namjoon toed off his shoes and placed them next to the two pairs of shoes that were already placed neatly to the side.

Namjoon slipped off his coat next and trudged into the house, straight to the kitchen where he deposited his bookbag into one of the empty chairs and groaned. "Ramen again?"

"Hey, at least we have something to eat," Hoseok chided from the kitchen table. "This week was your turn to stop by 4 o'Clock, remember? Kookie and I had to ransak the kitchen just to find this and we're lucky we have just enough for all of us, otherwise you'd be dinnerless."

"TaeTae would've never let us go hungry like this," Jungkook lamented, stirring the noodles and sealing the pot after deciding to leave it boiling for a few minutes longer.

"Yeah," Hoseok sighed deeply. "He always made sure to stock the fridge and cupboards. And that extra twenty percent off his purchases at the store really helped us save money."

"Okay, alright," Namjoon groaned. "I get it. I'll go to the grocery store tomorrow, I promise… wait, do we have anything for breakfast tomorrow?" .

Though Namjoon asked, he already knew the answer to his question.

"We have one piece of stale bread." Jungkook confirmed his suspicions. "And I'm pretty sure its more mold than bread at this point."

Namjoon hung his head. "Might as well get groceries now. Could you leave my bowl in the microwave for now? I'll eat it when I get back."

Two voices called out to him to be safe, look both ways before crossing any roads, and to avoid breaking anything within the store. Namjoon waved away their worries and grabbed his tote bags before he left the apartment.

His trip to 4 o'clock was as uneventful as they came, but Namjoon could proudly say that he managed to sneak in before security closed the gates for the night. The store wasn't big by any means, but it carried a variety of essential things that every university student needed. The downside to the store was that despite the name, it didn't open nor close at four in the morning; the hours were from six in the morning to ten at night. Namjoon guessed he had about half an hour before he was ushered out of the door and to the task of getting everything he remembered Tae used to stock up on.

As Namjoon walked through the small isles of the store, he thought back to two months ago when Taehyung had called a rare apartment meeting and sat them all down on the old beat up couch.

Needless to say that the trio hadn't been prepared for such a shocking session.

"Hey guys, glad you could make it! I just wanted to let you all know that I'm taking some time off from classes and heading back home for a while."

"You're taking a break? Now? In the middle of the term?" Hoseok was the first to come out of his shock.

Tae smiled, and though there was a touch of sadness in the action, it couldn't hold a candle to the warmth of his smile. "Hey don't worry it won't forever, I'll be back before you know it."

Jungkook blinked, "But why can't you take time off and stay?"

That was when Taehyung dropped the biggest shock of the meeting. "Family emergency kind of, nothing bad though! No one died, everyone's fine. My brother's finally coming home and I want to be around when that happens. I'll only be gone for a few months I promise."

A small uproar had ensued after that news. Taehyung had never once mentioned that he had a brother, much less one that wasn't around. Hoseok, Jungkook, and Namjoon had questions but after a moment it was clear that none of them wanted to be too intrusive. They waited for Tae to divulge what he wanted on his own time.

"When do you leave?"

"This weekend, I already spoke to administration and told them what was going on. And I just spoke to my boss, he was kinda upset that it was a last minute thing but was really nice about it. Oh, and don't worry about my share of the rent it'll still get transferred into your account hyung so don't go off getting another roommate okay?"

Though it was really strange, in their opinion, for Taehyung to take off just like that and for months mind you to spend time with his brother. In the end none of them could fault him, not when Taehyung looked so happy and excited when he told them he would finally get to see his brother again after so many years.

And though they had agreed to not make a big fuss out of Taehyung being gone, it hadn't made adjusting to life without him any easier. After all the time they lived together, it had become an unspoken house rule that Tae took care of stocking the groceries since he was the one who had scored a job at the supermarket.

But after Taehyung left, they were left with no other choice but to split the crucial responsibility between the three. The plan for them to alternate grocery day every week and share the task; that plan would have worked if they remembered to do it when they were supposed to. Unfortunately it was harder to do in practice for the three university students, but It was a work in progress. As were the other chores that had previously belonged to Taehyung. Hoseok, Jungkook, and Namjoon were either preoccupied with their other assignments or schedules that they forgot it was their turn to take care of something as simple as tossing out the trash, loading clothes into the washer, or washing the dishes before it overflowed. None of those chores were nowhere near as impactful as the lack of food, however, that was where the trio felt Taehyung's absence the most.

Aside from their occasionally empty stomachs, the house was noticeably less lively. Hoseok did his best to fill in the silence, as did Namjoon, but there was a presence missing that they couldn't get used to just yet. And it certainly didn't help matters that Jungkook was sulking around the apartment more often than not.

The youngest apartment member had developed a habit of staring at his phone with big sad eyes until he heard back from Taehyung, which sadly happened once in a blue moon.

Seeing Taehyung at the arcade earlier that day had eased some of the worries that had accumulated within Namjoon in the past few weeks. Joon had been glad to see their friend safe and sound after so many weeks without much activity, but Namjoon had also been sad to see him leave so soon.

And then there was the small seed of worry for the other Kim brother. Namjoon still wasn't sure what he should make out of the look of… was that agony in Seokjin's eyes? Was he okay? Would he be okay? Namjoon couldn't shake the nagging feeling in the back of his mind for the person he had met. Joon weighed the pros and cons of asking Taehyung if everything was fine. But, in the end, his rationality of not being acquainted well enough with Seokjin won out and Namjoon refrained from texting Tae to see if everything was okay.

Soon Namjoon had—hopefully—gotten everything in his mental grocery list and checked out. His walk back home was as uneventful and he made it back to the apartment without tearing a single bag. By then, Hoseok and Jungkook had turned in to either sleep or get a few more hours of studying.

It had been months now since Taehyung's departure and Namjoon could still feel his absence so accurately, it was eerie to say the least. Unfortunately the only option they had was to wait out Tae's vacancy, they just had to bear with the silence a little while longer.

Namjoon set everything away as best he could, reheated his food and soon after got ready for bed.


By the time closing time for Cypher rolled around the following night, Namjoon was ready to knock out for the day. He was unexpectedly tired for no reason that he could find. He had slept for at least seven hours the night before and classes hadn't been taxing at all, neither had his shift. There were no screaming kids or unruly adults he had to deal with, but he was already exhaling jaw cracking yawns.

"Didn't get enough sleep last night?" his coworker asked just as Namjoon tamped out the last of his yawn.

"I thought I did." Namjoon murmured with a frown. "Hey Jackson, have you seen the keys to locker 134?"

Jackson hummed and looked over Namjoon's shoulder to the log. "I don't remember giving out the key to that locker today, plus no one signed it out… anyone sign it in yesterday?"

Namjoon turned the book's log to the previous day and groaned. "I missed it in the log yesterday. It was signed out but never in, but for whatever reason I didn't catch it."

Even though Namjoon wasn't looking at Jackson's expression, he could still hear the hint of concern in his voice. "That doesn't sound like you, Namjoonie. You good?"

"Fine, just distracted I guess." Namjoon answered off handedly, only for his eyes widened when he read the signature of the person who checked out the locker and just like that the fogginess in his mind eased some. "But I'll take care of the things in the locker, turns out it was one of my roommates."

"That would explain why he didn't bother to drop by to pick up his things." Jackson laughed and slid the master key over to Namjoon.

"You get that and I'll close up. Whens your next shift by the way?"

Namjoon thought back to the calendar he had seen earlier before punching in to work. "I got Thursday and Saturday off, so I'm here Friday. You?"

Jackson shot Namjoon a bright smile, "I'll be holding down the fort tomorrow, but it looks like we'll be shift buddies on Friday again."

"Cool, I'll see you on Friday then," Namjoon smiled and left for the locker area. "Goodnight!"

"Don't forget to ask for the key!" Jackson called after him and Namjoon assured him with a thumbs up that he wouldn't.

That was how Namjoon ended up carrying his own weight's worth of Mario memorabilia through the streets of Seoul and to his house.

"Ah, Joonie? Is there something you'd like to share?" Hoseok asked Namjoon upon eyeing the four bags Namjoon had just wrestled in through the door.

"I mean it's totally cool for you to love something as cool as Mario, but please tell me you didn't just spend your entire savings on buying the entire store."

Kicking off his shoes, Namjoon waddled over to the couch and flopped himself onto it next to an equally bewildered Jungkook.

"I didn't." he sighed, turning his head towards the bags. "Both of you and I know that I would spend it on Ryan merch, but I kinda need to live more, so I haven't. All of that belongs to Tae."

Jungkook nearly sprung up at the mention of Taehyung's name, eyes suddenly bright and curious as he turned to Namjoon. "If all of this is Tae's does that mean he's coming by the house to pick it up?"

Namjoon didn't want to get Jungkook's hopes up, but he also didn't want to disappoint him. Ultimately, he chose to tell the truth and hope the young student wasn't hurt by it. "I sent him a text about it, but haven't heard back. I think we should just store it in your guys' room for when he comes back, unless he replies."

"I don't wanna wait for him to come back." Jungkook whined, slumping back down on the couch. Though his melancholy lasted for a single second and soon he was back up again. "Oh! Can we take these to him? What if he forgot where he put them and is looking for them right now? We need to save Tae the trouble of searching everywhere for them."

"Somehow, I don't think it's easy to forget where you misplace all of that." Hoseok pointed out.

"All the more reason why we should take it to him." Jungkook declared and made his way over to where he shared a room with Taehyung.

Hoseok and Namjoon exchanged a glance and followed after the young boy, peeking into the room.

"Kookie, what are you doing? Come back out, we'll just wait for him to reply to the text." Hoseok tried, but the youngest just waved him off.

"I'm tired of waiting, I want to see Tae." he huffed and continued to rummage through some papers piled atop of Taehyung's desk. "I remember seeing an address somewhere around here on one of his administration papers…"

With no other choice but to humor Jungkook, Hoseok and Namjoon joined in on the search. The three of them shifted through the limited amount of things that Taehyung had left behind before he had gone back home. True to his memory, the trio found a copy of the paperwork Taehyung had to fill out when he requested his time off.

Ten minutes later the three friends were on Google, looking up an unknown address and frowning at the screen.

"Hyung, why is the area all blurred out here?" Jungkook asked, zooming further into the map and getting nowhere.

"I don't know, what if you try to view it from a different angle?" Namjoon suggested, studying the web page also while Kookie panned in and out, then dragging the cursor in every possible direction only to get the same result.

"Oh! I've heard of this!" Hoseok stated proudly. "Some guy in one of my classes was talking about how his dad wasn't happy with his house appearing on the map, so he called up Google and had them blur it out for privacy reasons."

"Do you think Tae's family did the same?" Namjoon asked, and his two roommates shrugged in unison.

"I mean, they probably did." Hoseok tilted his head in thought. "Tae does walk around wearing Gucci, no financially sensible college student in debt would choose fashion over their tuition fees. And he is still paying for his share of the rent. Yeah, he had a part time job, but he probably didn't need it, you know?"

"Who cares about his money situation." Jungkook interrupted already printing out the directions to the blurred out house. "I say we go take these over to him."

"At ten thirty?" Namjoon asked glancing at the clock and shaking his head. "I don't think we should bother him and his family this late at night, Kook-ah. I have the day off tomorrow, how about you guys?"

Jungkook pouted, crossing his arms defiantly and grumbling, "I'll call in sick."

Hoseok, on the other hand, shook his head, "I have the morning shift, so anytime after two will be fine with me."

"Kookie you get home at five, how about you go to work and save your sick day for when you need it. Then we'll go after you come home, sound good?" Namjoon suggested and smiled when he got a reluctant nod in response.

And so the matter was settled.

Later that night, Namjoon was finally ending his day and getting comfortable in his bed. Hoseok had knocked out much earlier that night leaving Namjoon with his own thoughts. He was dead tired, but sleep was refusing to befriend Joon.

Namjoon curled himself around a large Ryan plush and sighed, distracting himself with music lyrics hoping to lull himself to sleep.

Around song number four, Namjoon's eyes finally got heavy and his consciousness began to creep away from him as warmth flooded through him. Sleep was finally greeting Namjoon whisking him away from consciousness and towards dreamland where a sweet smile and kind eyes waited for him.


A/N: 

Oh! And and before I forget! Thank you so much to the growing support for this story!! 

Question of the chapter: Who has the fattest crush on Jin? lol no but seriously, any guesses to what will happen when three humans decide to visit a mansion full of vampires?

And as always, the hugest thank yous and love is sent to those of you who have taken the time to not only read, but Subscribed to and commented on the story! I will try to get Chapter 7 out soon, though honestly it might have to wait until after November because of NaNoWriMo ^^;;

Thanks again!! Have a happy November, till next time!! ♥