Adjustment Period

Trivia Love

Seokjin was a child.

The fact was indisputable. Seokjin himself was well aware that his behavior was mirroring that of a child, but he couldn't help himself. He stuck to Taehyung's side like glue. And when one of the members he didn't know too well approached him, Seokjin would hide behind his brother and fight the urge to cling to him as a child would to the skirt of their mother's hanbok.

The first day after his awakening was the hardest to get through. But Seokjin could proudly say that he was able to get through it without giving in to his hunger and going feral once again. That pride, however, would crumble whenever he saw Yoongi in the evenings after the sun had set. The younger vampire was still wary of Jin to the point where he would turn on his heel and head off in the opposite direction and would avoid him for the rest of the night. Seokjin couldn't blame him. He wouldn't blame Yoongi, Jin could only count himself lucky that he wasn't put under again.

Seokjin didn't venture out of his room a lot after that first day, or the next. But eventually Taehyung was able to coax him out with promises of snacks and a new introductory lesson to the current world. During the first week Taehyung showed Seokjin the house again, explaining which door lead where and what corridor connected which sections of the house. It had been intimidating to say the least, but after a few days Seokjin was more or less confident he wouldn't get completely lost if he tried to navigate the house by himself. Along the way Jin also learned a little more about his new family members and reconnected with the ones he had had to leave behind.

The layout of the house and its various occupants was the easy part of his learning regimen. The rest of Jin's learning, however, didn't come so easily.

He was uneasy and distrusting over things that he didn't understand. Unfortunately, those things consisted of pretty much everything within the mansion. But everyone was kind and patient with him, especially Taehyung.

Little by little, however, Seokjin began to explore things on his own. And in time he discovered that while things looked very different than what he had been used to, some things remained almost the same. And yes, up was still up, down was still down and his lefts hadn't become his rights. Also, as an added bonus, the Hangul alphabet was still widely used in Korea so Seokjin didn't need to learn to write all over again. Words were a little hard to understand what with their new meanings but Taehyung assured him that context clues and tones would be able to help him figure it out.

After that first week Seokjin grew more comfortable with his situation. And with his comfort, Seokjin gained a newfound boldness. Thus this lead him to be infinitely more curious and vocal over his curiosity. After that, it was impossible to not get a question from Jin because there wasn't anything Seokjin wasn't poking, prodding, or trying to figure out.

"Tell me about this," Seokjin tried not to sound demanding as he looked at a large flat rectangular object on the wall from every possible angle. "What is it called? When was it made? What does it do?"

Taehyung smiled and instead of answering Seokjin right away, he handed the older brother a small rectangular thing with little round and square buttons all over it.

"Remember that Pansori we saw when we snuck into the village one day and made Jiyong hyung so mad he threw a tree clear across the forest?" Taehyung asked, eyes alight with mischief.

Once Seokjin nodded, Taehyung continued. "This thing is like that, it's the storyteller of modern day. Though there's considerably less singing and music involved with most of the stories it tells. It's called a television or TV for short. Tele because of how you have to watch it from a distance, and vision because well, you use your eyes to view the shows. As for when it was invented… I want to say the early years of last century. When they were first made they didn't look like this at all, they used to be big, bulky, and heavy." Taehyung scrunched up his nose in distaste, then motioned to the item in Seokjin's hand. "Press the red circle?"

Seokjin looked from the button to Taehyung, to the screen and back again. The last time he pressed a button a loud bell had chimed somewhere and scared him. He was distrustful of buttons after that but he was more curious than scared at that point. Seokjin pressed the indicated button and yelled in surprise when a much louder sound than the bell exploded around them. The item in his hands dropped to the floor and Seokjin watched in equal parts amazement and uneasiness as the flat panelled device burst with color right after the deafening sound erupted around the room. Once the color settled, Seokjin was able to make out features. There were people there! Seokjin's mouth dropped in surprise as he looked at the people who suddenly appeared on the other side of the black rimmed window.

Seokjin wasn't sure how long he stood there, marvelling at the people on the other side of the small portal that was created by the click of a button. But it seemed that he was the only one that could see and hear them, because no matter what Seokjin did, the people went about their own business. They spoke to one another and continued to do whatever it was they wanted, completely ignoring Seokjin and everyone else present in the room.

"I can't understand them." Seokjin finally said, straining to make sense of the words. They weren't clicking in his brain, and Jin had the sneaking suspicion that they weren't speaking Korean, but that didn't stop him from calling out to them, asking them what they were saying.

Once it was apparent that he wouldn't be getting an answer out of them, Seokjin turned to Tae and pouted. "Can they not hear me?"

"No hyung," Taehyung said kindly, the rectangular item in his hands.

"The things you see there are pre-recorded stories that people like to watch. And not all stories are in Korean. Though there will be a million of things to choose from. But not all shows will be in Korean, about forty percent will be in a different language. This language for instance is from somewhere in Europe, German I think." Taehyung explained after studying the people on the television.

"TaeTae let him press the little arrow buttons!" Jimin urged encouragingly, motioning with his hands to the two brothers.

After taking the device back into his hand, Seokjin did as he was told and with newfound amazement he watched as the people he had been observing only seconds ago were gone and a man speaking words that Seokjin was able to understand but not comprehend replaced them. A second push of the button and Seokjin jumped when yet again another loud noise filled the room and smoke and fire caused large buildings to fall inside the window.

Another click and Seokjin was looking at a strange looking animal grazing on a patch of grass, it had horns as wide as Seokjin was tall.

Each new press of the button brought forth a new world to Seokjin in the form of new people, places, animals, and even some inanimate objects he didn't have a name for yet. Soon enough Seokjin was flipping through the stories at an increased speed, his keen eyesight catching details even through he was skipping past them after a second or two.

Seokjin passed something that caught his eye and immediately ceased his pressing, ending up on a channel where a woman was discussing some sort of wave.

"How do I go back?" He asked the nearest person to him.

Seunghyun, who had wandered into the room at some point during his clicking, smiled and pointed to the gadget in Seokjin's hand. "The button right underneath that will take you back to any previous shows you passed. Did you see something that caught your interest, Jin-ah?"

Seokjin nodded and pressed the other button, slowing his pace considerably until he found the same people in a slightly different setting. The person who had been the focus when Seokjin had first passed it was still there, only more towards the back while two other people took up the majority of the television's window frame.

Seokjin heard a chuckle from his Sire, just before he ruffled Jin's hair, "I'll leave you to that, just remember that too much television will rot your brain."

Seokjin nodded mutely, not sure what he had meant to say with that. He was too engrossed in what was going on inside the window to think too much over the words of his parental figure. Before anyone knew it, Seokjin seemed to be falling into a trance, unable to take his eyes off of the television.

The show he had found was something called Skool Luv Affair—Jimin had said that it was very important that "School" and "Love" was spelled as "Skool" and "Luv" instead of the traditional way. For emphasis and because it was 'cooler'.

Everyone in the house should have anticipated that Seokjin would become addicted to television, but they had underestimated just how much he would fall for the modern device.

After that day, Seokjin could almost always be found curled up on the couch underneath a large cream colored comforter watching reruns of old and new shows alike. The one that Seokjin was watching more often than not was Skool Luv Affair, but he enjoyed others too such as: Wings, A beautiful moment in Life, Young ForeverYou Never Walk Alone and some others. His watching habits didn't stop with actors, it stretched into caricatures that Tae had called cartoons, one by the name of BT21 was by far his favorite, though it was quickly followed up with anything in the Disney and Cartoon Network channels.

When Seokjin wasn't watching one of his dramas or cartoons, he was watching a movie. Which he found out were basically the same thing as shows only more condensed and less plotty. Seokjin loved watching them all the same.

"Seokjin oppa you've watched this episode like ten times now." Jennie grumbled making an attempt to take the remote that was promptly pulled away and hidden under Seokjin's blanket.

"Three." Seokjin clarified not taking his eyes off of the screen. "I have watched this episode three times now."

Seokjin loved the series, but it didn't always make sense to him. It revolved around a group of friends as they navigated a place called a high school, where young adults went to learn many skills that ranged from math to art, physical education—though Seokjin didn't know why people needed to be taught how to run and climb ropes—science, and literature. The show didn't focus on the classes too much though, they were just things in the background. Skool Luv Affair was more about the group of teens who faced the trials of love and heartbreak during the course of four years in which they were sentenced to the school.

Every now and then, Seokjin would get stumped on choices that they made and he didn't understand. Because of that, Jin found himself rewatching many of the scenes in hopes of understanding the meanings and reasons for some of their behaviors. Television was becoming as much Seokjin's teacher as the other members within the household. In Seokjin's logic, he was getting entertainment while being taught a lesson on how the world outside of their house worked. Two perks in one, it was a major win.

"But, oppa..." the young vampire puffed out her cheeks. "We're two episodes away from the ending, can we please move onto the next episode?"

"But I want to know why Yeong-Jae went behind Seokjoong's back and gave the rose to the girl." Seokjin rebutted. "I don't understand why he would go behind his friend's back when he clearly knows that Seokjoong has been in love with her for years."

Jennie stared at Seokjin for a long minute before throwing her head back onto the couch. "Seokjinnie oppa, continuing will answer that I promise. Now can we please move onto the next episode?"

Jin considered this and nodded, trusting Jennie's intuition.

Seokjoong was Seokjin's favorite character in the show, he was a tall and awkward boy with large glasses and an endearing personality. He was shy at first, but the more people in the show—and Seokjin by extension—got to know him, the more comfortable he got. After a while he became more open. Seokjin also really loved his sense of humor and was very quick to pick up on it, much to the chagrin of some of the household.

There was one person who loved Seokjin's jokes however.

"Hey Jimin-ah, why did the office worker walk outside for his boss?" Seokjin would ask much later, when he wasn't absorbed in his drama.

Jimin, who was getting a kick out of Seokjin's jokes, couldn't help the grin that came to his features. "I don't know, why?"

"He wanted to be out-standing." Seokjin laughed, delighted even more when Jimin joined him and Yoongi groaned into a pillow on the opposite couch.

"Tae please for the love of , make this stop." the young vampire pleaded.

Taehyung, of course, did nothing to discourage Seokjin's fun. But to his credit he did attempt to help Yoongi, if only to make him stop complaining.

"Jinnie hyung, come here. I want to show you something," Taehyung pulled on Jin's hand to coax him away from the couch.

Seokjin, curious as he was, let himself be herded. It took a few moments for them to reach his room, and Seokjin grew instantly confused upon seeing an obvious new addition to his space.

"What is that?" Seokjin asked, cautiously walking around the box, inspecting it.

"Remember when I said that old televisions were huge? Well this is what they used to look like about forty years ago." Taehyung explained and turned a dial on the old television causing it to make a high pitched whine that made Seokjin wince. Not long after the screen flickered and transitioned into disturbing static until it finally settled on a dark screen.

"And this," Tae pointed to a smaller, yet no less bulky box next to the apparatus. "Is the very first version of a video game console."

Taehyung spent the rest of their dawn teaching Seokjin how to connect and disconnect the console to the ancient TV, and then he showed him how to maneuver the control stick on the device.

Seokjin started with Pong, a game where a small dot was bounced back and forth on the screen between two large rectangles. And once his excitement for that died down, he was introduced to the new wave of games.

Atari followed not long after Pong, and then there was Sega, a variety of Nintendo consoles, and other more modern ones. Seokjin played on a Gamecube, Dreamcast, Wii, Xbox, Playstation and more. But the one he would go back to without fail was his Nintendos.

Just like with the television a few days prior, Seokjin found himself fascinated and entranced with the game console, more specifically a franchise that featured a variety of other games; the Mario Brothers.

Seokjin had no idea what a plumber was and what it had to do with battling a turtle dragon in order to rescue a princess, but that didn't stop him from getting hooked.

After Jin was introduced to Mario Kart, no one in the mansion was safe from his pestering, Seokjin was always in need of someone to play with.

Many of the Coven members humored Seokjin for the first few days before they started to decline his invitations to a game. By the end of it all Taehyung, Jisoo, and Jimin were the only ones who took Seokjin up on his offers since they were almost as passionate about the game as Jin was. Almost.

They still had their limits, and by the third week, it looked like Seokjin had reached it.

One day after being unable to get any of the other members away from their activities, Seokjin knocked on Taehyung's door and peeked in when the other answered.

"Can you play right now, Taehyungie?" Seokjin smiled hopefully at his brother, offering him the control.

"Maybe later, hyung." Taehyung said, turning in his chair. However, before his brother could get upset over the denial, Taehyung flashed Seokjin his signature grin. "Do you want to know what Seunghyun hyung just told me?"

Seokjin would have pouted at the refusal, but his curiosity over what his Sire had to say was quick to placate him.

"Did Jiyong hyung finally agree to upgrade me from three bags every two hours to five every hour?" Jin asked with renewed hope.

"Ah, no." the younger brother chuckled sympathetically. "Jiyong hyung is going to keep you on the same schedule, but he is proud that you have managed to maintain it. He's actually a little concerned with how long we've kept you indoors. So, he gave you and me permission to go out today."

"Go out." Seokjin echoed and glanced at the clock on the wall. Hyorin had taught him how to distinguish the hours of the day using a device called an 'analog clock'. It was quite tricky at first, but Seokjin was eventually able to figure out that the large hand signified minutes while the smaller defined the hour.

"But it's almost noon," Seokjin's tone was laced with obvious distaste. "The sun is out right now."

His brother hummed, considering the information, "Yes it is, but the sun isn't a problem for us anymore, remember?"

Seokjin frowned.

He knew that a vampires vulnerability to daylight waned over time, but that wasn't to say that they were completely comfortable walking underneath the rays of the sun even if they lived to be ten thousand years old. The sun just became more bearable to them the older they became. The sun was nature's way of regulating their outings, coaxing them to be nocturnal. But the longer a vampire was alive the less the sun burned them.

Seokjin had been close to reaching his first century before his sentencing. And from what he remembered, the sun was still unwilling to let him leave the safety of the dark.

"For you, you mean." Seokjin countered, frowning as he remembered what Youngbae had taught him about the sun and it's evil ways. "I was asleep the entire time I was put under, I may not have aged while you did."

"Well this could be a way to find out," Taehyung said easily enough and stood up from his chair.

When it was clear that his answer did not appease Seokjin, Taehyung smiled reassuringly. "Hyung, haven't you noticed that you no longer need to sleep? Your body did change while you were asleep. I promise the sun won't hurt you, and we won't even be outside for too long, Jiyong hyung just wants you to leave the house for a little while and get some experience outside. Don't you want to see what the outside looks like now?"

Seokjin frowned. He had noticed that he no longer gave into the lull of sleep the way he used to, but he had attributed the reluctance to sleep to a fear of being caged in his mind after being forced slumber for nearly half a millennia. Seokjin hadn't wanted to think about sleeping too much so he hadn't.

Before Jin was placed under he was younger than Jimin currently was, and because of that his body still needed some sleep back then, but not as much as a newborn vampire did. Additionally, Seokjin couldn't walk freely in the sun. He hadn't reached the maturity for that yet. He could walk out at twilight when the sun was descending and weak from a long day, but midday had definitely been out of the question.

"I don't want to burn off my skin." Seokjin pouted in way answering.

He had caught glimpses of the outside world through windows when he deemed it safe. And with television at his fingertips Seokjin felt as if he had seen some of the new world. Of course he longed to be outside again, but he also didn't want to die of sun exposure just because he wanted a taste of the new world. Seokjin had all the time in the world to let his body adjust, and it wasn't like the house didn't lack endless entertainment for him. Seokjin was content with what he had.

"Hyung," Taehyung sighed and laced their fingers together. "I really think going out would be good for you. Look at me, I've been out millions of times and my skin hasn't burned off. You are old enough now, the sun will be annoying and you might turn a little pink but you won't burn. At our age too much sun can cause our skin to get red and peel off, but it won't kill us. So c'mon, let's go out for a bit…" Taehyung's eyes suddenly lit up and the younger Kim smiled slyly. "Hyung, what if I told you that where we're going there is an entire store dedicated to the Mario Brothers franchise?"

Seokjin made a strange sound in the back of his throat at the revelation and looked at his brother with skepticism, could it be true? Or was the promise of such a store nothing more than a ruse on his brother's part to get Jin to go outside? While it was entirely possible that no such store existed, Seokjin knew that his brother wouldn't be so cruel as to deceive him in such a manner.

"Do you promise?" Seokjin couldn't keep the excitement out of his voice even if he tried.

"I promise." Taehyung's smile was back at full force as he motioned towards the entrance of his room. "Go get dressed and we'll head out. Ah, and remember that you can't wear a hanbok outsideand pajamas have to stay in the house. Once you're ready meet me here and I'll show you how to protect yourself against the sun. Then we'll go visit the store, okay?"

Seokjin nodded eagerly and excused himself for a few minutes.

Jin was finding it very hard to not bounce on the balls of his feet as he all but ran into his room and pulled open the fully stocked wardrobe he had received. Seokjin glanced over all his choices and huffed.

There were so many things to choose from, and it certainly didn't help matters that everything still looked so strange and foreign to Seokjin. Aside from his regular hanboks and sleepwear, there were long sleeve shirts, short sleeved ones, and some with no sleeves at all. Modern versions of bajis were also hanging inside the wardrobe, some were rougher than others too and they even varied in length. Then there were thicker clothes, large comfortable long sleeves that he had learned were called sweaters. Some clothes were of one solid color and some had more than one color, others had simple or intricate designs on them, while another few had nothing but buttons running through their middles.

Get dressed, Taehyung had said to Seokjin, but in what? The only clothes that Seokjin knew how to dress in were off limits and thus unacceptable options. Up until that point Seokjin had strictly worn hanboks and the comfortable clothes that Taehyung had named pajamas. If those weren't available to him anymore, what was?

Seokjin cradled his chin thoughtfully as he looked at the various clothes within the small space. There were so many how was he expected to choose? But then again, clothes were clothes right?

In the end, Seokjin pulled the first few things he liked and put them on in no specific order. He was about to step out when he paused, altered one of the clothes. Only then was he happy with what he had picked out for himself. With his goal accomplished Jin headed out of the door and went in search of his brother.

Jin made it about five steps before there was a shout to his left, "Seokjin-ah!"

The named vampire screamed in surprise, actually jumping back and away from the source of the yell. A hand clutched at his chest where his heart was racing, thumping heavily at his ribcage with the threat of bursting through at any moment from the fright.

"Jiyong hyung!" Seokjin cried out once he found his culprit, "Please don't just appear out of thin air and scare me like that!"

The older vampire was quick to apologize despite his fit of laughter. "Sorry. I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to scare you Jin-ah, but what is going on there?" he asked gesturing to Seokjin's person.

Seokjin frowned and looked down at himself uncertainly. "What do you mean?"

There wasn't a hole or a stain on his clothes, none that he could see at least. He was wearing what was appropriate for his torso and he was sure the pants he picked out were pants. Seokjin smoothed his hand over his chosen clothing with uncertainty.

He was wearing two layers as he was supposed to. The bottom layer of his outfit consisted of a large and soft cream colored long sleeve with thin red lines running horizontally in a striped pattern. Above that was a muted olive green short sleeved shirt, this one with a dozen buttons running down the front of it. Seokjin liked the comfort that the long sleeve provided and the practicality of the many pockets that the green one held.

On his bottom half, Seokjin wore a pair of very loose blue gray pants, they resembled pajama bottoms, but these had pockets on them and were made of slightly less soft material. And above that, Seokjin had found some white trousers that were just as loose, but they had been too long for his liking, so he had to cut them by a few centimeters until they were just above his knees—he thought he had made a decent cut of them. He had even put on one of those boxer things that Jimin had introduced him to, they were admittedly a little too snug, but they thankfully weren't too tight to the point that Seokjin was uncomfortable wearing them.

"Don't worry about it," Jiyong reassured him, shaking his head in mock dismay.

"I just can't, in good conscious, let you walk out of that door wearing that." he gestured towards Jin again.

However, before the young vampire could ask him to elaborate on his choice of words, the Coven leader was already steering him back into the hallway and into the older man's room.

"If you want to double layer, that's fine, but you have to know how to do it. Until then I'm afraid I'm going to have to restrict you to one layer. Dare I ask what look you were trying to achieve?" his elder asked as he guided Seokjin down onto his bed—which was actually a bed and not a futon on the floor like Seokjin's.

"What look I was trying to achieve?" Seokjin parroted, not understanding the question in the least.

"And I was afraid of that," Jiyong said solemnly, resembling the very picture of someone who was just charged with delivering grave news. And just like that serious air overcame the Coven leader then as he stood before Seokjin, suddenly looking determined to accomplish a mission Seokjin wasn't privy to.

Seokjin unconsciously swallowed back a gulp as Jiyong met the sombre gaze of the older vampire.

"Seokjin, do you trust me?" Jiyong asked softly, voice weighed as if whatever Seokjin decided next would determine a very pivotal part of the universe.

Seokjin was confused, unsure of what was happening. Jiyong was staring at him with an intensity that was making him want to squirm under his skin. Seokjin tried to understand what he should do and say, but nothing was coming to mind. There was no connection that helped Seokjin understand how the action of walking out of his room in the clothes he had chosen had led up to this confrontation between the two of them. But, he needed to answer Jiyong, and lucky for him the correct answer seemed to be staring him in the face. "I trust you, hyung."

"Perfect!" Jiyong's sunny smile returned, much to Seokjin's growing confusion.

"Please disrobe Jinnie." Jiyong's tone was clear that there was to be no room for discussion, still Jin went to open his mouth but was quickly hushed by the elder. "The quicker you do that the faster you can get going, now c'mon off with the clothes and I'll get you something suits you much better."

Seokjin wanted to question just what was wrong with the way that he was dressed, but reluctantly let the question go. Maybe it was a future thing? Or perhaps it was just a Jiyong thing. It was no secret that the man lived for his aesthetics after all, perhaps not as much as Seunghyun did, but Jiyong came in as a close second.

So without another word Seokjin did as he was told and stripped off the layers he had just put on a few minutes ago.

"Personally, I don't have anything that would fit you seeing as how you outgrew me ages ago," the elder started when he turned around and sauntered off to a set of large doors and swung them open. Seokjin arched his eyebrows in surprise when the doors opened. Beyond the doors there was a large room filled edge to edge with clothes. They were separated between two sections, but they were still the biggest collection of clothes that Seokjin had seen.

"But lucky for you, Seungie's just around your height. We'll be off by a couple of centimeters, but I don't think it'll really matter all too much," Jiyong said as he went on and pulled on a variety of clothes from where they were hanging in the left side of the room. A moment later he returned to Seokjin with an encouraging smile. "Here try these on."

Seokjin eyed the new pile presented to him, his eyes widening at the sight of the top article of clothing. The sweater on top was a soft pink color.

"Hyung this color…" Seokjin started but before he could even try to form a sentence, Jiyiong was pressing a finger to Seokjin's lips.

"I remember you used to love this color when you were younger," Jiyong said with a soft smile and a far away look in his eyes as he ran a thumb over the plush fabric of the sweater. "I always thought you would have looked cute in this. But, if you don't feel comfortable wearing the color, I understand. We weren't allowed to wear pink back then. But now, in this world, in this time you can wear it and no one will bat an eye. Oh, alright maybe an old crone will, but generally no one will say anything discouraging. If you don't feel up for it, then I can get another color in a second, okay?"

Seokjin honestly didn't know what to say to that. He was touched that a small detail he had once mentioned in his youth hadn't left the other vampire. Jiyong had remembered, after so many years that Seokjin had always adored the color pink in its various tints and shades. But it was a color meant for children, and even then it was mostly given to little girls. So he was always barred from it because society frowned upon a perceivable grown man who fancied the color.

"Can I really?" Seokjin's voice was thick with emotion as he looked up to Jiyong, uncertain.

"Of course you can, Jinnie." the vampire smiled and tousled Seokjin's dark hair. "Do you want to?"

"Yes!" Seokjin couldn't get into the sweater fast enough.

He had almost put it on bare before Jiyong stopped him and made him place on a cotton shirt first. Once he had the sweater on, Jin noticed that it was too large for him, about one size larger than most of his clothes, but he really didn't mind. In fact he rather liked the extra room within the large sweater. And whatever material the sweater was made from, Seokjin couldn't help but fall in love with it immediately. The fabric of the sweater was softer than alpaca fur, it was a blend of what he had once assumed clouds to feel like.

Seokjin had been so absorbed in feeling the sweater that Jiyong had to give him a gentle nudge and remind him that he was still missing some trousers. Seokjin smiled sheepishly after that and slipped on the bottoms he had been handed. They were about the right size for him if not a little long at the bottom, but a quick roll of the hems was enough to remedy that little issue. Other than the length they fit Seokjin perfectly. The black jeans—as Jiyong had called them—were a simple style, they had no intricate patterning or details to decorate their surface. Seokjin blinked at himself in the mirror, it was strange seeing himself dressed in something other than a hanbok.

He had liked his last outfit before, but this one was infinitely better. It was odd for him to only feel one layer of clothing on his person, especially clothes that he wasn't accustomed to wearing yet, but he had to admit that it was a nice change. Not only that, but Seokjin did love the color of the sweater. He was happy that the once forbidden color was finally his to wear to his heart's content.

"You look amazing, Jin-ah!" Jiyong declared as he ran an appreciative look over Seokjin, obviously proud of his handy work. "We are definitely taking you clothes shopping on your next outing, just let me fix just one more thing, okay?"

Not even a second after the nod that Seokjin gave, Jiyong was already on the move. And Jin's long hair—that had been hanging loosely save for a few strands pinned to the side of his head—was being combed and styled. "As you can guess Manggeon's are no longer in use, but that's no longer needed to keep your hair in place. Now we have these!"

Jiyong pulled out a band that he stretched between his fingers and with skillful hands he began to gather Jin's hair into a high ponytail. Seokjin was surprised when his hair wasn't made into a top knot and even more that all of it wasn't gathered into the ponytail. Jin opened his mouth to question it and Jiyong hushed him.

"It's different, I know. But do you like it?"

Seokjin eyed himself in the mirror. Half of his hair was gathered at the crown of his head, and the rest of it was hanging loosely brushing against his back. It was definitely odd to see himself in that way, but Seokjin didn't mind it at all. He could get used to seeing himself like that.

"You look gorgeous Seokjinnie, but we can admire you in the mirror for as long as you want some other day," Jiyong interrupted Seokjin's thoughts once more and gave him a quick hug before he started to usher him towards the entrance to his room. "But now I have to send you back into the halls. I don't doubt that your brother's looking for you. Now go out there, take some extra blood for your cravings and have fun, okay. I'll see you when you come back home."


Hello again!!

In case anyone was curious, a Pansori is in short a street performance show in the Joseon Dynasty that told a story with songs and music added to it. They began as 'lower class' performances before nobility started to hire the performers.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I apologize for any and all mistakes my beta is a little preoccupied at the moment ^^;; please feel free to tell me your thoughts on what's happening and what you think will happen on Jin's first time out ^^.

Very huge thank you for all of you who have read and subscribed to the story. And to those who commented, this early timely really update is for you guys! ♥ 

Thanks again and till next time!!~