the first meeting

THE KIMS

Ryujin - 7

Yeji - 9

Tzuyu - 23

Dahyun - 24

Mina - 25

Sana - 26

Momo- 26

Jeongyeon - 47

Seulgi - 48

Wendy - 48

Nayeon - 49

Joohyun - 50


"Hey babygirl-" 

Mina rolled her eyes as Dahyun popped into the kitchen behind once again, a smirk on her face. Not looking away from the dishes she was washing down, she felt Dahyun's arms wrap around her torso and her chin rest on her shoulder. Mina wiped down a glass, and placed in into the small tan drying rack next to the sink, "I take it the girls are either asleep or playing a game on the TV."

"Ryujin is asleep, and Yeji is playing Mario kart." Dahyun hummed, planting a kiss on that one spot on Mina's neck that sent shivers down her spine. She shoved the other woman slightly, turning around and giving her an annoyed look as she motioned to the livingroom where both girls were currently in. Dahyun let out a small groan, "baby-"

"Absolutely not, nothing besides handholding and quick kisses."

"I don't think their minds will be corrupted if they see me kiss you for longer than three seconds."

"Rules are rules, Dahyun." Mina firmly stated, turning back to the last dish in the sink. She picked up the spoon and started scrubbing it down, "I'm surprised you aren't all over them worrying like you have been for the past week."

Dahyun had no choice but to admit, Mina did have a strong point. Dahyun had been trying to kid proof the house for the past week since they had gotten the girls, even though Mina assured her they were old enough to know right from wrong. Mina often pointed out that they had the little monsters to take care of, but it was different. 

These were her children, she couldn't make a mistake. If she made them cry, or one of them got hurt she couldn't run to her moms for them to take care of it. It was scary. 

The light clink of the spoon being tossed into the drying rack broke through her thoughts, as Mina turned around leaned against the sink and wrapped her arms around Dahyun's neck, "Our parents, Nayeon and Jeongyeon, the twins, and Tzuyu are all coming at five."

"Nayeon and Jeongyeon? You invited them over as well?" Dahyun asked, surprise evident in her tone. The topic of the couple had been discussed quite in depth between them, and she knew and kind of understood her wife's feelings on the situation. When Mina had fallen asleep early one night, Sana and Dahyun talked about it in their livingroom sipping on a few beers. 

Trauma. That was Sana's theory, and Dahyun had to agree with it. That Mina was a lot more affected by and hurt by Taeyeon after all these years than she tried to lead on.

Dahyun remembers the way that Sana leaned forwards and rubbed her face in her hands, before letting out a sigh and a look towards the closed door of Mina's bedroom, "Feelings don't fade, even if you desperately want them to." That line always struck Dahyun as more layered than intended, by Sana and her were never close enough to discuss it anyways. 

But Sana's theory made sense, especially since Mina only would bring up good memories of the Yoo-Ims. That she was too scared of having them in her life and potentially messing up the good feelings she had towards them. And she didn't want to be hurt again, either. Though Dahyun never agreed on Mina's method, there was not much she could do to convince her other wise. 

Mina just nodded, "Yeah, Sana said they wanted to see the kids."

"I hope having all these people over today don't scare them too much." Dahyun whispered, taking a peak into the livingroom (as much as she could) from where she was standing. Everyone was excited to see the kids, especially the little monsters who had already met them earlier in the week and couldn't make it tonight because of a soccer game. But Dahyun was still worried, the two of them have been giving both mothers a run for their money. While Ryujin was more compliant and seemed to just want to be loved as much as possible, Yeji seemed standoffish and threw fits quite often. 

"I hope so too." 

Dahyun leaned in and connected her lips to Mina's counting three seconds and then pulled away, much to the older's delight. But Mina suddenly looked past her, and Dahyun whipped her head around to see a still half asleep Ryujin standing in the doorway, rubbing her eyes. "Hey Ryu, dinner will be ready in an hour."

Ryujin just nodded, walking over to Dahyun and wrapping her arms around the woman's leg. Mina smiled down at her, ruffled her hair and disconnected her body from Dahyun's, sending the other mother and wink before walking into the livingroom with Yeji. Dahyun picked Ryujin up, carrying her into the livingroom as well. 

Their front door swung open about thirty minutes later, with a loud, "Where are the kids!"

Mina felt Yeji immediately stiffen up from her position next to her on the couch, she paused she game, and laid a reassuring hand on her arm, "Thanks for knocking Momo!"

Momo walked into the livingroom, a large smile on her face, "You know it."

Tzuyu and Sana appeared behind her, both wearing smiles as well. They observed the girls for a few seconds before Momo and Sana broke into squeals, showering the girls in greetings and complements. Suprisingly both girls seemed okay with the sudden intrusion of the very, very loud twins. Tzuyu just took a seat next to Mina, "you look tired."

"I am exhausted." Mina admitted, stretching her limbs, before sitting up straight.

"I bet, if they are half as bad as you were then you are in for a reql treat."

"I wasn't that bad."

"Okay Miss. letmeeatmyfoodasfastaspossibleandscreambloodymurderinmyroom"

"Touché."

Dahyun sent a worried look over at Ryujin, who was currently talking to Momo while Yeji sat next to her talking to Sana. The ringing of the doorbell broke her thought proccess, she got up and made her way to the front door, swinging it open to see Joohyun, Seulgi, and Wendy all standing there excitement evident in their expressions. "Mom-"

"My baby!" Seulgi cooed, wrapping her arms around Dahyun bringing her into a tight hug, "My baby has a baby!"

"They aren't babies-"

"Oh shush and let me have my moment." Seulgi hushed, finally releasing Dahyun from her hold. She rubbed her shoulders one before walking in, Joohyun in tow. Wendy just gave her a wide smile, and help up a large plate of brownies. 

"I brought some dessert." 

"C'mon in Wendy." Dahyun let her in, and was just about to move when a black SUV pulled into the drive way. She met eyes with Jeongyeon, who was busy trying to unbuckle her seatbelt. The couple got out of the car and approached the front door, smiles on their faces. 

"Dahyun!" Nayeon greeted, looking up at the Kim house in awe, "When Sana told me you guys bought a house, I didn't expect this!"

For only being twenty-four, Dahyun found that statement fair. But both her and Mina had stable jobs that paid well, and found themselves able to buy a house even so early in their lives. The Kim house was a quaint red two story townhouse, just big enough to fit them and at max three kids. In the front was Mina's prized flowers she spent days planting and upkeeping in beds infront of the house, a small porch where they kept their chairs to sit and talk at night sometimes. 

"Yeah, we bought it a few months before our wedding." Dahyun shrugged, letting them both inside, "Mina has been excited to see you two."

"Really? I would think she has her hands full with the kids."

"Yeah, she does. But she is still excited nonetheless."

The couple nodded and followed Dahyun into the livingroom where everyone was chatting contently. The Yoo-Im sisters were sat on the couch talking amongst themselves as the grandma's now attempted to interact with the kids. Wendy was crouched down, trying to talk to Ryujin, the child was buried into Mina's side seemingly not wanting to talk back, and Joohyun and Seulgi were all talking to Yeji who seemed to be doing okay. 

"What's their names?" Nayeon asked, turning towards Dahyun once again, "Sana told me, but I completely forgot."

"So the one hiding behind Mina, that's Ryujin, and the older one is Yeji."

"They're cute."

"Yeah," Dahyun cast a glance over in their direction before smiling, "They are."

The night proceeded like that, with everyone getting to know the kids and/or catching up. Mina ordered a few pizzas and everyone ate, happy and content. Ryujin had taken a liking to Sana and was planted firmly in her lap, letting her now "Auntie Sana" wipe the red sauce that got all over her cheeks as she ate. Yeji was sandwiched between Wendy and Joohyun, both grandmothers showering the girl with attention and praise. Dahyun smiled over at Mina, who was seated next to Sana and deep in conversation with Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

"You know, I am glad she didn't take my advice."

"Hmm?" Dahyun hummed, turning towards Wendy who was also looking over at Mina. 

"When I first got her all those years ago, I didn't like you. You smelt like tobaco and rode around town with that motorcycle-"

"It was a moped."

"Well I know that now." Wendy giggled, "I told her maybe she should try and find someone new. But she refused, and said she loved you. I didn't understand it back then, but I do now. You two are really made for each other."

"Yeah-" 

"And if she took my advice we wouldn't be sitting here, looking at your kids."

"My kids." Dahyun repeated, still trying to get used to how the words flowed out of . She always knew Mina wanted kids, and Dahyun did as well. But it was still scary, and Wendy seemed to understand that, "Do you want another slice?"

"No, what I do want is Ryujin to come play with me. She's a bit shy." Wendy pouted, and Dahyun laughed getting up and walking into the kitchen. She threw her plate into the garbage before turning around and seeing Mina standing there carrying a few plates as well. 

"Hey"

"Hey yourself." Mina smiled, throwing the plates into the garbage, wrapping her arms around Dahyun and laying a soft three second kiss on her lips, "I think everyone is getting along well."

"Mhmm, I knew they would."

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

"We should get a kitten." 

Dahyun nearly choked, "Huh? We just got two kids, my heart will break from stress."

"Maybe in a few months?" Mina asked, shooting Dahyun big puppy dog eyes which the younger had no choice but to comply, nodding her head slowly. 

"Mina! Get in here! We are going to play some just dance! I need your stupid ballet penguin feet!" Tzuyu yelled from the livingroom, causing Mina and Dahyun to break apart.

Mina started making her way to the livingroom, holding out a hand, "you coming, Mrs.Kim?"


Welcome to a new installment of the Kim's, don't forget to follow me on Twitter, I'm going to be posting a few polls about what chapters you all want and fun little tidbits

@taeroj01

let me know what you think

~taeroj