REQUEST 2 - [Imagine/Angst/Fluff] Lying Heart Pt.1 (Idol AU)

Kim Wooseok X Miyawaki Sakura [Oneshots, Reactions, Imagines, Etc]

Well, well, well       

Well, well, well. Looks like these two aren't going to have a good start huh? 

But that's all going to change soon!

Thank you for the request, Dubkau!

I'll be honest, I'm not a very angsty person so sometimes, my angst genre isn't the very best of all genres I could pull off. So, apologies in advance if my story isn't living up to that certain degree of angst you're looking for.

Plus, since this might be a bit too long, I've decided to split it into parts. Hope you don't mind~!

Anyway, enjoy the story~!

When talking about IZ*ONE and X1, the first thing that came up to people's mind would be that they came from the same survival show and thus, making them some sort of acquaintances that have experienced and gone through the same challenges before ...

When talking about IZ*ONE and X1, the first thing that came up to people's mind would be that they came from the same survival show and thus, making them some sort of acquaintances that have experienced and gone through the same challenges before they could debut. 

And it does show how close they were with one another. Their friendly relationship could be seen from fancams and videos all over social media. Sometimes they would talk and sometimes they would laugh with each other. All in all, they had a close relationship and were comfortable with one another. 

 

Except for two certain people.

 

"WHAT!?" two voices coming from two different people boomed within the discussion room as they looked at their respective managers sitting across of them. One man, who was also a manager of X1, lets out a sigh.

The other manager, a woman, was a manager of IZ*ONE. She shook her head as she cast her gaze down on the floor.

"Oh, I know you heard me loud and clear," the man leaned closer with a serious expression on his face towards the two previous people who exclaimed earlier. 

"Both of you are to join the new season of 'We Got Married' as the first couple guest. Whether you like it or not, the decision is final and has been made. So, I wish both of you good luck, Wooseok-sshi, and Sakura-sshi."

The two mentioned people looked at the man with an unbelievable look on their faces as they let the news sunk into their heads.

"I have to partner up..." both of them looked at one another in horror. 

"...WITH THIS GUY/GIRL!?" they exclaimed as they pointed at each other at the same time.

 

 

That's right, the two people that was mentioned before was none other than Miyawaki Sakura from IZ*ONE and Kim Wooseok from the recently debuted group called X1.

 

 

The news of 'We Got Married' finally coming back with a new season was already a big ruckus when it first made public. While some people and fans were wary about the show and how the new season will head towards, they've decided to give them a chance and see how it goes.

But the news of the show grew even bigger and caused a huge reaction when the production team of 'We Got Married' announced their first couple guest. Both coming from the same survival show called Produce, both successfully debuted with the same final rank in Produce48 and ProduceX101. 

They were IZ*ONE's Miyawaki Sakura and X1's Kim Wooseok.

It was one thing having Idols starred as guests in the show but having these two together as a 'married couple' was another thing.

You see, the relationship between these two was quite a huge talk among their own fandom. It could be seen how these two would avoid each other and it was obvious how tensed both of them were when they stood close. As good as they could at hiding it, fans with keen eyes could tell something was off. And videos of them proved it even more.

Long story short, everyone was unsure of what they should expect from the show and the two.

Long story short, everyone was unsure of what they should expect from the show and the two

The discussion room turned grimmer as seconds passed by. Both Wooseok and Sakura's manager had left the room to give them privacy and to talk things out between them. But seeing how both of them weren't in the mood to talk, silence completely enveloped the whole room.

Sakura sat on her chair across of Wooseok with her arms crossed while she cast her gaze over to her right side. Wooseok, on the other hand, propped his chin on his palm as he gazed over to the other side.

Soon, seconds turned to minutes and Wooseok finally had enough.

"Alright, let's get straight to the point," he started and broke the silence between them. Sakura gave him a side glance from the corner of her eyes without saying anything.

"As much as you and I hate this idea, we have no choice but to participate," Wooseok said and Sakura scoffed lightly.

"As if I didn't know that," Sakura muttered under her breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

Wooseok gave her a suspicious look before he continued where he left off.

"Right, so. As I was saying, we have no choice but to participate as a couple. AND, just so you know, it's not like I agreed to this because I want to. But it's because I want to keep my group and my own image clean and away from bad accusations."

"Well, good to know. Because I'm doing the same thing for the same reason too," Sakura retorted.

"As if you had any other reasons to participate in the same show as me," Wooseok said, rolling his eyes before looking away.

"The main problem now is to act as a husband and wife..." Wooseok muttered but Sakura caught it and looked at him as if he just said something disgusting.

"Uh, yeah. As good as I am at acting, having to act as YOUR WIFE is IMPOSSIBLE," the young woman emphasized her words, looking straight at Wooseok in the eyes as if telling him she was serious.

"Please, as if I wanted to be YOUR HUSBAND in the first place. And besides, as I've said, the reason why I'm tolerating this is for the sake of my own and my group's image," he said nonchalantly.

"But what about you?" he asked, his gaze suddenly became sharp and that somehow intimidated Sakura.

"What do you mean?" she asked, returning an equally same sharp gaze at the young man in front of her.

Wooseok leaned closer until his arms rested on the table. Their eye contact never broke as they stared at one another.

"You claimed yourself to be good at acting, but maybe you're not THAT great after all if acting as someone's wife is considered impossible," he smirked as if mocking her. Seeing that smirk on his face somehow irked the young woman.

"Are you challenging me right now, Kim Wooseok?"

"What do you think?"

Sakura stared at him in disbelief before glaring at him. She stood up and left the room without saying anything and slammed the door loudly behind her.

"How dare he..." she muttered under her breath and walked away.

Meanwhile, Wooseok remained in the room. Not long after that, his manager came and looked at him worriedly.

"What just happened?" 

Wooseok said nothing as he leaned back into his seat, staring blankly at the ceiling above as he lets out a frustrated sigh.

"Nothing."

Two weeks have passed ever since that short meeting they had in the discussion room

Two weeks have passed ever since that short meeting they had in the discussion room. Other than that, they have also had meetings with the production team of 'We Got Married'. 

The meeting itself was just a short brief of how the shooting will be taken. The temporary house they will live in, the duration of the shoot, the various activities and challenges that will be given to them throughout the shoot.

And of course, there's also a script that they have to follow. It was bound to happen anyway and pretty much everyone - fans and non-fans knew that this show does prepare a script for their guest stars.

However...

Because of their rocky relationship, the production team decided not to give them a script, much to the two Idols' surprise. Instead, they will only give situation clues to help push them into which directions they should head for.

Once the meeting ended, they went back to their respective dorms, getting ready to 'move-in' to their new house and to mentally prepare for a new life.

Once the meeting ended, they went back to their respective dorms, getting ready to 'move-in' to their new house and to mentally prepare for a new life

(Panel 1: So, I heard the first married couple is a bit different than usual?)

(Panel 2: Really? What's the difference?)

(Panel 1: I heard these two have a bad relationship in real life?)

(Panel 3: Wait, for real? So how come they agreed to be a 'married couple' here?)

(Panel 2: Maybe their company wished to fix their relationships in this show. I mean, in reality, there are marriages like this right? Where husband and wife are not getting along...)

(Panel 1: True, true...)

Sakura let's out a sigh as she looked around in the house that she had to live with 'her husband'. It was a nice average-sized apartment room that they were given. Perfect for two was what the production team said.

Sakura was certain the cameras have started rolling without being mentioned so the young woman went ahead and brought her luggage inside the house. Since Wooseok hasn't arrived yet, Sakura went inside their supposedly 'shared' bedroom and peered inside.

Since Wooseok hasn't arrived yet, Sakura went inside their supposedly 'shared' bedroom and peered inside

It was a pretty spacious room, with one queen size bed in the center against the wall. Across the bed, there was a tv hanging on the wall which Sakura noted was pretty big. Big enough to watch a movie.

Suddenly a thought appeared in her head.

"Don't tell me we're going to watch a movie together?" Sakura said out loud.

(Panel 1: Look at her face! She looks annoyed!)

(Panel 2 & 3: *laughs*)

Sakura slowly made her way to the nearest wardrobe and opened it up. After seeing how spacious it was, Sakura let out a sigh of relief. She started unpacking and sort her clothes inside the furniture.

Meanwhile, Wooseok was seen walking towards their shared apartment. Cautiously looking around, he eventually found the house he would be living in.

At the same time, Sakura had finished packing her clothes and made her way out to the living room to explore more of the house. But before she could do so, the front door of their house opened and Sakura froze on her spot. She turned towards the front door and saw a familiar face walked in and even he froze in his spot when their eyes met.

Silence enveloped them as they looked at each other awkwardly. Wooseok slowly brought his luggage in and closed the front door.

"Not going to greet your husband?" Wooseok asked, giving her a small teasing smile which Sakura rolled her eyes in response.

"Welcome back..." she said in her native language. Thankfully Wooseok understood Japanese a little and looked at her.

"I'm back," he said in Japanese which slightly took her off guard.

"Eh?" Sakura watched the young man walked in and stood in the middle of the living room which Sakura unconsciously distanced herself away while looking at him cautiously.

"Don't look so surprised. I have learned the Japanese language long before we met, dearie." 

Sakura looked at the young man in horror. The silence between them made Wooseok looked over at the young woman as he feigned an innocent look.

"Don't call me like that," Sakura warned him as she emphasized all her words slowly. Wooseok once again feigned a look as he acted as if he just realized something.

"Ah, sorry about that. I forgot you hate to be called with pet names," he apologized. "Sorry about that, Kkura-ya."

Sakura gave him a small glare before looking away. As much as she disliked the way he called her casually with her nickname, she knew that she had no choice but to play along with it. If she were to protest about him calling her so affectionately, everyone might make fun of her for being so alert with everything Wooseok does to her.

"Is that the bedroom?" Wooseok's question snapped the young woman out of her thoughts. She looked at where Wooseok was looking at and just nodded her head.

"Yeah, it is."

"Alright, then." Wooseok made his way to the room and left the young woman all by herself in the living room.

"I've already sorted my clothes. So, you can take up the other spaces left in the wardrobe," Sakura called out to him and the young man hummed in acknowledgment.

(Panel 3: So far, so good. No fights occurred yet even though we could see the husband tried to annoy the wife earlier. *laughs*)

(Panel 2: Hopefully it stays that way.)

While Wooseok busied himself in the bedroom, Sakura went ahead and explored the rest of the room in the house. The kitchen, the bathroom, the storage room and even the balcony outside. If she had to be honest, she really liked the house they were given to live in. 

However, that short happiness was quickly cut off when Sakura received a clue from the production team behind the cameras.

Challenge 1: Prepare lunch for you and your husband

The young woman sighed in defeat. She doesn't mind doing it but the problem now was what should she cook for them? 

She could just make anything she wanted to but now she has to think about what can Wooseok eat. Does he have allergies? Can he eat this kind of food or not? Not that she cares but if she were to make something that he was allergic to, that would be asking to be mocked by his fans and the viewers for free.

After a long period of contemplating, she finally gave up her ego and decided to ask him directly.

She walked into the bedroom and found Wooseok folding his clothes and sorted them inside the wardrobe. The young woman gently knocked on the door, catching the young man's attention to her at the door.

"Wooseok-sshi? Do you have any kind of allergies with foods?" she asked while Wooseok frowned with one eyebrow raised.

"No?"

"Ah, okay then. Because I'm going to make lunch for us and I had to make sure to avoid making something you can't eat," she explained and Wooseok just hummed in amusement.

"Somehow I forgot that I have such a CARING wife," he said with a playful tone. His statement caught Sakura's attention as she looked back at him before she could leave.

"I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear that earlier, DEAR HUSBAND..." she retorted back. Wooseok scoffed.

"Can you blame me? I've been feeling kind of lonely ever since my WIFE here suddenly becomes so distant from me," Wooseok smirked with a playful glint in his eyes.

(Panel 1: What is this atmosphere?)

(Panel 3: This is too tense, oh my god!)

(Panel 2: Maybe we were a bit too hopeful earlier. Of course, they aren't going to get along that fast...)

Sakura felt like puking. She stared at her so-called 'husband' in disgust while trying to control her anger.

"Whatever you say..." she mumbled and was about to leave the room before Wooseok called out to her.

"By the way, Kkura-ya..." Wooseok stared at her when the young woman turned around to look at him. Silence enveloped both of them before Wooseok shook his head.

"Nevermind. I'll come by and help once I'm done here."

Sakura just nodded her head cautiously before leaving the room. 

She heads over at the kitchen and opened up a fridge

She heads over at the kitchen and opened up a fridge. To her surprise, it was full of various ingredients.

"Well, that's a bit reassuring."

She looked around in the fridge and decided to make some curry rice, gimbap and rolled egg omelettes. She started off by cooking some rice. She washed the rice first before putting it in the rice cooker and let it cook by itself.

While waiting for it, she went to cook egg omelette. She expertly breaks the eggs, whisked it and began to fry them in a rectangular pan.

(Panel 3: Ahh, it seems like the wife is a good cook.)

Sakura poured the beaten egg into the frying pan. She slowly filled up the pan and once it was half-cooked, she flipped it over to one side before pouring the eggs once more on the other free side to make it even bigger. She continues to repeat the steps until she was finally done with it and placed it on a plate as she cut it into small pieces.

(Panel 2: Ooh, that looks delicious~)

(Panel 1: She makes it look so easy!)

(Panel 3: If only my wife could cook as delicious-looking as that...)

(Panel 1: Yahh, yahh! Your wife's watching this show remember?)

(Panel 2: *laughs*)

While Sakura continues to cook, Wooseok finally came out of the bedroom and walked towards the kitchen area. 

"Smells nice," he commented and only then did Sakura realized the young man was there at the kitchen with her.

"It's nothing big," she said before directing her focus back on a curry stew she was making at the moment. While she was doing all of the work, Wooseok continues to stare at her as she diligently prepared their lunch.

If he had to be honest, he felt slightly bad for letting her do all of the cooking. So, he decided to lend a hand.

"Anything I can help?" his question made Sakura stopped whatever she was doing as she stared at the young man with wide eyes.

"What?"

"I asked if I can help you with anything?" he repeated his question with an annoyed look before Sakura slowly nodded her head as she took in his offer.

"I guess you can," she said and made space for him in the kitchen. She placed all the required ingredients and utensils for Wooseok to make gimbap.

"Can you help make some gimbap?" she asked and Wooseok just shrugged his shoulders.

"Sure."

He went and rolled the sleeves of his clothes and washed his hands before he gets started on making the gimbap.

"You're fine with eating any of these ingredients?" he pointed at the various food that he was about to use to make the gimbap. Sakura just nodded her head before resuming with her cooking.

"Okay then."

The kitchen's atmosphere suddenly becomes silent as the two of them went on with their own cooking. It was neither a pleasant or awkward silence. Just them doing whatever they were doing.

(Panel 2: Ahh, this is kind of nice to see, don't you think? A husband and a wife cooking together?)

(Panel 1 & 3: *nod their heads*)

(Panel 1: But somehow, they still looked tense...)

Sakura turned off the stove once the curry stew she made has boiled to the right colour. She took a small taste of the curry before nodding her head in acknowledgment. She looked over at Wooseok to see his progress. So far, he had made 4 different gimbap. 

"Wooseok-sshi," she called him out which immediately caught his attention. Sakura handed over a small plate with a little bit of curry inside at him. "Want to have a taste?"

Wooseok looked at the curry in the small plate before nodding his head. However, none of them moved or did anything. Sakura quirked an eyebrow at him as if asking why wasn't he taking the plate from her.

"My hands are full, Kkura-ya. You have to feed me instead," Wooseok commented and only then did the young woman realized of his current situation. His hands were sticky from making the gimbap earlier so he didn't want to dirty the plate with his hands.

"Ah, right..." she hesitated slightly before drawing the small plate closer to his lips. She tipped it slightly before the young man could taste the curry.

"How...is it?" she asked. Wooseok was still trying to adjust the taste of the curry in his mouth before he fell silent. It was safe to say his silence killed her in the inside. Was it bad? But it tasted fine to her. Or maybe, it was not his taste?

"I-Is it not to your liking?" she asked worriedly. Wooseok looked at her with a blank stare before a small teasing smile appeared on his face.

"Not really. In fact, it's really good."

"Eh?" Sakura stared at him in disbelief while the young man rolled his eyes. 

"It tasted better than I expected. There, your welcome," he said as he cut the gimbap one by one. Sakura remained on her spot as she tried to process what the young man had said.

"Then why did you keep silent earlier?" she pouted slightly.

"Well, it's been a while since I last tasted your cooking. So, I couldn't really tell if it was getting better or worse," he answered with a slight smirk. When he walked away to wash his hands, Sakura let out an annoyed sigh.

'Why did I even care in the first place?' she thought.

'Why did I even care in the first place?' she thought

The two of them finally ate their lunch. Even while eating, none of them were talking with one another.

Sakura finished her meal and looked at Wooseok who was sipping his drink while looking at the view outside.

The silence slowly turned awkward when none of them were doing anything. They just sat there doing nothing and kept their mouth shuts.

(Panel 3: Excuse me, what are we watching right now??)

(Panel 1, 2 & 3: *laughs*)

(Panel 1: All my entire life, I have never seen an even more awkward and tensed situation as these two.)

Wooseok looks around the house for one more time. He hasn't checked all the rooms yet as he went straight to the kitchen to help earlier. It finally dawned on him that the house has quite a nice size and he liked it.

Just as he looked around, he saw a clue from one of the production teams giving out from outside the camera's perspective.

Clue 1: Discuss a 'made-up' family history that made you and your wife distant.

Wooseok almost cursed in front of the camera when he saw that. He was expecting to be in a less...dramatic relationship with the wife, not something big that it even involved a family history.

Letting out a sigh, she looked over at Sakura - who seemed to have also noticed the clue before she looked away with a slightly irritated look and a sigh. Thankfully, the cameras didn't catch her expression.

"Stop sighing, we're already moved in together."

Wooseok began his acting and that made the young woman in front of him looked at him with a small glare.

"I know we're not on good terms with each other. With all the arranged marriage and stuff," Wooseok said and that caught Sakura's full attention right away.

(Panel 2: Ooh?? What's this? Arranged marriage? At this age and day??)

(Panel 3: Don't be so surprised. Some families still uphold that kind of thing.)

"But now that we're away from our family, we're free to do whatever we want - out of their supervision and whatever plans they have in store for us." 

Sakura quirked one eyebrow at him, still keeping silent as she waited for the young man to finish his act and explanation. Wooseok let out a sigh before continuing.

"Look, I get it. It's not going to change that you and I are officially married now. And obviously, you don't like me, and I don't like you too."

(Panel 3: Ouch...)

(Panel 1 & 2: SHHHHH!)

"BUT," he leaned forward, arms resting on the table. It reminded Sakura of that day in that discussion room they met. "If it's fine with you, I would like to know more about you."

Sakura stared at him in the eyes calmly. Somehow, for an act, he was good at making it looked real but nevertheless, she kept shut which Wooseok took that as a chance to continue with his explanation.

"We didn't start off right during our first meeting, and I would like to fix that," he said. "But I can't do that alone by myself."

Sakura shifted her gaze down on to the table - unable to bring herself to look into his eyes any longer.

"I'll need your help as well to make this work between us," Wooseok leaned closely so that Sakura noticed him and soon enough, their eyes locked with one another.

"Can you do that? For both of us?"

Sakura continues to stare at him as she peered inside his eyes. It almost sounded believable and it surprised her how good he was at making it seemed real. 

 

If only he did the same thing outside of this show... Maybe, just maybe...

 

Sakura let out a sigh as she broke their eye contact but Wooseok wasn't fazed by her actions as he continues to stare at her, waiting for an answer.

'So, he decided to go with this way then huh?' she thought. Knowing that she doesn't have any other options other than accepting it, she looked at him again - this time, with a little bit of sincerity in her expression and her words.

"Fine then, I'll try."

Wooseok broke into a small smile at the answer before leaning away.

"Good to know that, Kkura-ya."

"Same here, Wooseok-sshi."

Wooseok immediately frowned before he cleared his throat which made Sakura looked at him in a questioning manner.

"About that," he started as he locked eyes with her once more. "Maybe you can stop calling me with formalities? It feels weird."

"Ah..." the young woman suddenly realized her mistake. She had been calling him that way because she didn't want people to think that she was being rude to him despite their 'real-life' bad relationship. 

Wooseok took notice of her panicked state and decided to help out.

"I know you're just used to call everyone with formalities. But we're husband and wife now. Might as well call each other normally, don't you think?" he asked and Sakura gave him a slight thankful look before she gathered her composure back.

"Sure. If that's what you want, dear husband," she said but somehow, it doesn't sound as sarcastic as she said before.

"Here's to a better relationship," Wooseok raised his glass towards her and Sakura did the same with hers - each of them had a small smile on their faces.

(Panel 2: That's more like it! *claps along with panel 1 & 3*)

(Panel 1: True. Things like this shouldn't be rush. Take it slow, one step at a time.)

(Panel 3: Hopefully they'll get to know more of each other and hopefully, it gets better every day.)

"So, who's doing the dishes?" Wooseok's question suddenly made the slightly pleasant atmosphere earlier disappeared as Sakura stared at him in disbelief.

"Um, can't you do it instead?"

"Why me?" he pouted slightly as Sakura looked at him in annoyance. 

"I did most of the cooking, Wooseok. Is it asking you TOO MUCH to do the dishes?"

"But I'm tired~"

"Cleaning isn't just a job for a wife to do!"

"Hey, hey, hey, I've never said that! You're accusing and assuming things again, dearie!"

"STOP CALLING ME THAT!!"

Soon enough, both of them ended up bickering with each other despite the earlier reconciliation. 

(Panel 1, 2 & 3: .........)

(Panel 2: Something tells me that these two still have a LONG way to go...)

(Panel 1 & 3: Agreed...)

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6c615259745057433139764375513d3d2d3737333930323530302e313563323763383734633865623231373134393637323938373631342e706e67

And that's the end of the first part for this request! Huhuhu, do you liked it~? I hope you do because I kept on thinking about what should I make these two do while in WGM!

Ahhhh, ideas, ideas~

Don't worry, I do have some ideas but like I've said, it might take a while. So, hopefully, you guys can wait until this request finish! Right now, I have other requests for these two to write. 

FYI: "Kim Wooseok X Miyawaki Sakura" has the most requests sent to me than the other shipping books I've made! Omo~! 😱😱

So yeah, that's also part of the reason why I decided to split this request into parts. Hope you don't mind~

Anyway, don't forget to give an upvote if you liked this story and don't forget to subscribe so that you can keep up to date when I'll be updating this book~!

In any way, I'll see you all later~!