REQUEST 1 - [Oneshot] Because I Liked You (Supernatural/School AU)

Kim Wooseok X Miyawaki Sakura [Oneshots, Reactions, Imagines, Etc]


Thank you for the request KkuChaery and I LOVE the idea~! I've decided to do a oneshot for this request. I can't help it! I just can't let this past off as something else because my brain isn't letting me! Of course, my way of creating the story might be slightly different than what you hoped for. Hope you don't mind!

Anyhow, I hope you'll enjoy the story~!

People used to say, humans and supernatural beings could never co-exist       

People used to say, humans and supernatural beings could never co-exist. Such ideas were considered impossible in the first place. It was almost ridiculous to hope for a peaceful co-existence but miraculously, it worked.

With how both sides were showing their own efforts to co-exist together, the once called 'impossible', had become possible. 

But to Wooseok, he didn't care.

As a vampire, co-existing with humans was the last thing that ever crossed his mind. He had lived as a vampire for many years and he was able to live a normal life without getting involved in human matters. After all, humans to him were nothing but foolish, selfish and naive creatures. In his eyes, they were all the same.

Despite his protest against his own family to send him off studying in a co-ed school of humans and supernatural beings, he gave in and accepted his fate. 

He may have abided to his family's wish but Wooseok had decided that for as long as he attends the school, he would keep his distance from the humans.

True to his words, he kept his distance from any human contacts, human events or anything related to human activities. Ever since he enrolled in the co-ed school, he would stick close to his own kind rather than the humans. And whenever humans approached him, he would give them his death glare before leaving them behind.

His actions spread around the school and earned him the title 'Ice King' due to his cold and unfriendly attitude. Not that it bothered him. He was fine not getting involved with humans and he thought he could survive 'school days' without ever having the need to make any human friends.

That was until he met her.

A female human that went to the same school as him, sitting beneath an old cherry blossom tree on a hill at the corner of their school's back yard. He always saw her sitting underneath that tree during lunch period with her friends, which is also the time where supernatural beings started school session.

Unlike the humans' class periods, the supernatural beings classes started in the afternoon and ended at 10 PM or sometimes, at midnight.

Thus, the only time Wooseok could see her was during his arrival at the school, where humans would be having their lunch break at that moment.

He wasn't sure why the female human caught his attention in the first place. Sure, she was pretty - he admitted that. But nevertheless, she's a human.  Wooseok quickly disregarded anything he thought of her, constantly reminding himself that he came to school not to make friends with humans.

But it kept creeping back into his thoughts and mind. Her face, her smile, her laughter, everything. As much as he forced himself to forget about her, his subconsciousness would bring back the image of the young female into his mind.

At one point, he even admitted to his vampire friends about wanting to know her (which later on, he regretted doing so because they wouldn't stop poking fun of him).

Fortunately, his class was situated near the cherry blossom tree. Never had Wooseok ever felt the need to quickly entered his classroom just to watch her. He wasn't even sure what drove him to act so but one thing for certain and surprisingly he admitted, that he wanted to know more about her.

"Why don't you just go and ask her directly?"

The question Wooseok heard coming out from his best friend's mouth made him looked at the tall man with wide eyes. Jinhyuk, the one who asked earlier, looked at his friend with a serious face.

"Are you out of your mind? You want me to go out there and ask her just like that?" Wooseok asked, glaring slightly.

"Rather than just continuing watching her from our class window because sorry to tell you, that's not going to help you know her name," Jinhyuk grinned so widely that it almost made Wooseok having the urge to punch him because he couldn't retort to his own friend's statement.

Letting out a sigh, Wooseok leaned against the dark, tinted glass of his classroom's window, his eyes watching at the mysterious yet attractive female human. She was with her classmates, laughing and enjoying their lunch together. Every time he saw that smile and laugh of hers, he became more attracted to her.

If he had to be honest, he does want to ask her name. But with him being a vampire, going out in the middle of daytime was like walking to death. Other than that, he was certain she might have heard of his 'reputation' in school.

"Come on, man up! What's holding you back from approaching her?" Jinhyuk asked, nudging his friend's arm with his elbow which made Wooseok turned to look at him with a quirked eyebrow.

"In case you've forgotten, I have a bad reputation as the 'Ice King', remember?" 

Jinhyuk shrugged his shoulders in response.

"And that's why I told you to stop being so cold at all students just because they're not vampires like us."

For the first time, he regretted his own actions.

Somehow, lady luck seemed to favour him that night       

Somehow, lady luck seemed to favour him that night. Ms. Taeyeon, a human expert in alchemy, taught his class about a special potion for vampires that allows them to roam during the daytime. Not only did he learned how to make that potion, Ms. Taeyeon even helped them to make one at that very moment.

Sensing a hope rising up in him, Wooseok suddenly felt the urge to meet the female human. However, he was also afraid. He was afraid of what she would think of him. Would she be afraid? Would she keep her distance from him? Would she hate him for being cold to everyone?

Somehow, he was left wondering why he was so worried about her thoughts towards him. 

However, Wooseok never knew the word 'give up' before trying. Regardless of what the female human might think of him, that would be after he tries.

The moment he and the other vampires arrived at school, Wooseok quickly made his way to the classroom, to see if she was there on the same spot as any other day. 

But unfortunately, she wasn't there.

Wooseok was left perplexed. Of all days that he had the courage to go and meet her, she ended up not appearing all of the sudden. Several questions played at the back of his mind but he decided to shake it off. He waited throughout the whole lunch break but the female human was still nowhere to be seen.

Feeling slightly dejected, Wooseok continues his class periods with an unsatisfied heart.

Feeling slightly dejected, Wooseok continues his class periods with an unsatisfied heart       

"I hate to say this out loud but I'm very disappointed with the 5 of you," Mr. Siwon said with a very serious look on his face.

It was at the end of their last period class, where the clock had struck at 10 PM and it was time for all supernatural students to head back home.

With the exception of 5 mentioned students.

Wooseok, Jinhyuk, Seungwoo, Seungyoun and Hangyul stood in front of Mr. Siwon's desk. Some had their heads hung low and some just act indifferently. And Wooseok was doing the latter - his eyes looking at the view outside absentmindedly. 

Whatever that came out from Mr. Siwon's mouth never registered in his head. He was too caught up into his own questions to care about what the man in front of him was talking about.

"Alright, alright. We get it. Our class performances were bad, so what?" Jinhyuk spoke up, cutting off the man's lecture and shrugged his shoulders in an attempt to annoy the man in front of them. Unfortunately, such arrogance never fazed Mr. Siwon. Not in a slightest.

"Which is why I've decided to assign each of you," Mr. Siwon leaned in and looked at them with a smile. "...a mentor."

That snapped Wooseok out of his thoughts and looked at the man with an incredulous look.

"What!?" Seungyoun exclaimed, frowning in disbelieved. 

"You heard me," Mr. Siwon smirked, which irked all 5 of them.

"What kind of mentor?" Wooseok suddenly asked, catching everyone's attention. While the other 4 vampires looked at him questioningly, Mr. Siwon remained smiling.

"A 'human' mentor," he answered and that immediately ticked him off. 

Wooseok never liked Mr. Siwon. He was a human man that knows too many things happening within the school, including the students, teachers and staffs alike. And the man also knew of his dislike towards humans which now, he's taking that advantage to make him mad. His fist had gone white from gripping his hand too hard.

Before Wooseok could even protest, a sudden knock was heard coming from their classroom's door. 

"Right on time," Mr. Siwon said before he faced the door. "Come on in."

Right after that, 5 girls walked in one by one. The first two, three had a familiar look that seemed to be playing somewhere inside Wooseok's head. But the moment the last girl entered the classroom, it finally clicked in him and he could feel his own breathing hitched.

The last girl entering the class was her - the female human who had caught his attention from the first time he saw her.

Wooseok felt as if time had slowed down as the girls walked towards Mr. Siwon and stood beside his desk. The man got up from his seat and greeted the girls before facing the 5 vampires.

"Boys, meet your mentors. They will be in charge of mentoring the 5 of you with your studies. I hope all of you can get ALONG with one another," Mr. Siwon, casting a knowing smile over to Wooseok at the last statement before looking at the girls once more. "If you may."

"Hello, my name is Kwon Eunbi, class president from H3-A," she bows down and smiled at the vampires. "I hope my assistance may be of help to all of you."

"The name's Choi Yena! But you can call me Yena! Nice to meet you!" the girl beside Eunbi chirped, smiling widely and moving around animatedly. 

"Kang Hyewon. Nice to meet you," the third girl was chewing on her gum as she introduced herself in an almost casual way.

"Hi, my name is Lee Chaeyeon. I hope we can get along," the fourth girl introduced herself in a cheerful way but not as animated as the second was earlier.

Wooseok's eyes darted off to the last girl, the one who he had been wanting to know for so long. Noticing that she was being stared at and that it was her turn to do an introduction, the last girl bowed at them.

"Hello, everyone. My name is Miyawaki Sakura," she said and looked at them with that familiar, beautiful smile Wooseok have always admired. "But you can just call me Sakura."

Studying never felt as tensed as he knew before       

Studying never felt as tense, fun and interesting as he knew before. Especially when the mentor that was assigned to Wooseok was the female human he admired all this time, Miyawaki Sakura.

He wasn't sure if he should be thankful or should he cursed Mr. Siwon for assigning their mentors. The man had a knowing yet teasing smile on his face when he first announced who became his mentor.

Mr. Siwon insisted that he paired them according to how well-matched their mentors' capability to each of them. And as much as he hated to admit it, the man was right.

Seungwoo was paired up with Eunbi because apparently, they once worked together on a school project and thus, making it easier for them to go through their study session together. 

Seungyoun was paired up with Yena and somehow, they get along very well. Because of their playful nature, they tend to make their study session fun and less stressful.

Hangyul was paired up with Hyewon. Although both of them were awkward at first, the two ended up getting along over some sweets and snacks that they had brought in secretly into the class. They even shared their food with each other as they studied.

Jinhyuk was paired up with Chaeyeon. Both of them worked exceptionally well with each other, with how Jinhyuk properly listened to Chaeyeon like how a student should behave, Chaeyeon herself taught his best friend like a typical role-model mentor.

And last but not least, he was paired up with Sakura and surprisingly, they got along together really well. And most of that worked because of Sakura herself.

She was patient, kind and unexpectedly, playful as well. A trait that he never expected to see from her. She would always poke fun of him whenever he was lost in thought or worst, caught staring at her. Instead of feeling freaked out or scared, she laughed at him. A reaction that he didn't expect to see from her. 

She was certainly different than the other humans. Not to mention, brave too.

She wouldn't hesitate to scold him if he slacked off or snapped at her for no reason. Of course, he only did that as a test. To see if she was either putting up a facade or if she truly cared for him. And quite surprisingly, it was the latter.

Regardless of what she does, he could sense a certain genuineness from her actions. As if to tell him that she's not afraid of him and that she was there for him. Knowing that she wasn't distancing herself from him because of who he is, somewhere in his heart, he was glad. Glad that she chose to remain by his side.

"You know, I've been wondering about something," Sakura suddenly spoke up, catching Wooseok's attention from the sidewalk ahead. He turned his head to the left and looked at the female human walking beside him. 

"What?" he asked but Sakura didn't answer him immediately. Taking her silence as a sign that she was still thinking, Wooseok resumed looking down the sidewalk. 

Both he and Sakura were on their way back home from the school, right after their study session. Since it was getting late, Wooseok offered to send her back home first before heading back to his place just like how he did every other day. It had become a part of his routine to send her back safely since it was way past 10 PM.

Along the way, the sight of a familiar, medium-sized house in the distance caught his eyes. It was Sakura's home and somehow, he was sad that their little trip was coming to an end. Before he could even take another step, he felt someone tugging on his uniform sleeve from behind.

When he turned around, he saw Sakura staring straight into his eyes. Wooseok could feel his heart beating fast when he looked at her eyes.

"Is...something wrong?" he asked.

"If I ask you a question, can you promise me to answer it honestly?" she asked. Wooseok pondered for a while and looked at her hold onto his sleeve. Looking back at her, he shrugged his shoulders.

"It depends. Shoot then," he said. Sakura released her hold on him before looking at the ground. Taking a breath, she looked up and stared at him once again.

"What do you think of me?"

Wooseok almost felt his heart stopped. He didn't really expect that kind of question to come out from . Feeling cornered, Wooseok broke the eye contact and averted his gaze on the ground and walked away from her as he headed straight towards her house.

"Wooseok..." Sakura called him out to him but he didn't stop walking.

"Wooseok!" she reached out to his left hand and held it tightly in her grasp, which immediately stopped him from walking away. As a matter of fact, he didn't have to go anywhere anymore now that he stopped directly in front of her house.

"Please..." she pleaded, holding onto his hand tightly. Wooseok was trying so hard not to hold her hand back. Her warm skin against his cold one. It felt nice to hold but he restrained himself from the urge.

"Why do you want to know?" he asked, turning around to look at her. Sakura noticed the change on his face. Unlike his usual sharp and piercing gaze, he wore a gentle and soft look on his face. Sakura looked at him with the same kind of look and stared into his eyes.

"Everyone keeps saying that you hated humans. And that you don't want anything to do with them," she began. "But why can't I feel that sort of hostility coming out from you?"

Wooseok let out a sigh once she finished asking her question. Truth to be told, he was tired of keeping his feelings a secret. He was tired of putting a cold facade in front of her. He was tired of staying the way they were right now.

"And what would you do if I said it's because I liked you?"

Sakura froze on her spot as she stared at him in disbelieve. On the contrary, Wooseok looked at her with a calm look on his face and slowly, he walked closer to her - closing the distance between them with just two steps. 

"To be honest, you weren't that different from the other humans. You're as foolish, selfish and naive as them," Wooseok leaned closer to her face until their foreheads touched together. "And yet, I couldn't help but find myself attracted to you, again and again."

"Wooseok..." 

"I liked you, Miyawaki Sakura. Ever since the day I've laid my eyes on you," Woosoek smiled for the first time ever, in front of a human. In front of the female human that he liked. Sakura looked at him with wide eyes, surprised by his confession to her.

He pulled away from her, creating a distance between them as the warmth of her body left his skin. The smile from his face slowly disappeared from his face.

"Now you know why."

Sakura was still looking at him in surprise. She brought up both of her hands up to her chest and gripped it tightly as she cast her gaze down on the ground. The silence between them was suffocating. Wooseok decided to leave, not wanting to know her answer at that moment. Whether she decides to reciprocate or reject him, he can wait until tomorrow.

However...

"I'm glad you think of me that way," she suddenly spoke up, catching Wooseok's attention back at her.

"What do you-" His words were cut off so fast that he didn't even manage to process how the female human suddenly closing in the distance between them, cupped his face with both of her hands and brought them close to her until their lips connected to each other.

Now, it was his turn to froze on his spot. He could feel her soft lips touching against his own and how his fangs were dangerously close that he was worried if he moved even a slightest, it might graze her lips. A few seconds later, Sakura broke the kiss and looked at the vampire with a small smile.

"Why...?" Wooseok was so flustered and surprised that he ended up touching his own lips in shock. Even after the kiss, he could still feel the warmth of her lips on his own. Sakura softly giggled and gave him one of her beautiful smiles.

"Because I liked you too, Wooseok."

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6655544f49474e4b4664546363773d3d2d3735393038303032312e313562346637383639393131646562343537303233313532393539312e706e67?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280       

And that's where I'll end the story! Sorry it had to be left as a cliffhanger but I think I'll leave that up to your imaginations~! Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter~!

Leave a vote if you liked this chapter and wished for more!

Until then, see you~!