JUDGES

Head To Head Contest (CLOSED!)

IMPARTIAL JUDGES have been chosen, yes, by me, but they truly are IMPARTIAL. They'll choose the best story for each prompt.​​​​​​

 

JUDGE NUMBER ONE : rumourhasit12

Okay so. i’m rumourhasit12, and you guys can call me Maia ^_^. I’ve called and refered to myself as a part-time writer (bc i’m really no good) since 2011 so... more or less 8 years now. That’s around the time i’ve started reading fanfiction as well.

The genres i love to read are fantasy, mystery, gore, horror, action, angst, a bit psychological and soulmate AUs (i could never pull those off tho sadly). Not really a fan of too much fluff; just the right amount is fine. No mpreg for me as well. Also, i find that i dont really like chat fics. If it’s necessary for the plot then it’s okay, but if the fic itself is in the form of chats or messages and then no for me (i’m sorry for being so picky orz) OH i also dont read idolverses that much (it makes it feel more real? Idk) 

For the characters, i’d love it of they are from my bias groups but I’m pretty open with reading other groups (i’d prolly stay away from Blackpink, Twice, and SNSD (as of rn) tho). I’m a bit picky in a sense that i’d prefer if the idols’ real names are used (i like it better than the stage names unless of course they dont use stage names). and yuri are a go, but i dont mind hetero or no pairs at all too. Just not genderbenders. [Ido have a list of ships i’d rather not read tho im sorry :(((]

Lastly for the writing, i’d prefer if it’s well written because then I could learn from it, especially since English isn’t my native or first language (altho i’m a bit of a grammar nazi i’m sorry! :((( i’m also trying to edit/beta for other people too so...)

SO YEAH this turned out longer that i planned it to be oops. I’m so excited for this and i’ll def make time for it during work hours and free time woop! Can’t wait to work with all of you hihi

 

JUDGE NUMBER TWO : luv_kero

Hi, I'm luv_kero, but you can call me Emily! I've been a K-Pop fan for almost ten years and an AFF member for almost nine years. I run several writing contests of my own on AFF and I have done creative writing since I was in elementary school. I'm also an avid reader, although I don't read published books as much anymore. 

I'm open to reading just about every genre, but I do prefer fantasy, adventure, action, and angst with an emphasis on platonic relationships. I'm not a huge fan of generic high school romance stories, since I slogged through hundreds when I first began reading fanfiction on AFF. That being said, if you can make a high school romance story interesting, I will definitely give it a chance. However, I will not read any stories that feature genderbenders or M-Preg.

I'm multi-fandom with a huge list of biases, mostly from the second generation with a handful of third generation groups, but feel free to write about whoever you like. I really don't mind reading about groups I don't know. Yes, it does make it harder to visualize the characters in my head, but if you have well-written characters and a good plot, that shouldn't be a problem. How I view a lot of fanfiction is that the idols are equivalent to actors in dramas; they are fulfilling a visual role to help viewers/readers initially connect to the characters and it's up to the writer to flesh out the fictional character into something more. I do enjoy reading about my biases and favorite ships, but if you don't want to write about them, that's totally okay with me. At the end of the day, I'm judging your writing, not the actual idols. With that being said, if you still want to know which idols and ships I'm most interested in, please feel free to ask!

I'm also a huge grammar nazi and I do score more harshly on the technical aspect of writing than most other people would. If I have to mentally correct any errors as I read, it breaks the immersion for me and I can't enjoy the story as much. I also prefer third person narration over first person narration, but I won't score against someone who uses first person. I also greatly enjoy vivid descriptions, because I visualize the story in my mind as I read, as if I'm watching a movie.

Anyway, have fun writing and I'm excited to see what you guys come up with!