CAMP HOPE.

     LIFE AFTER.   coming soon.

ino

ino

<    SURVIVAL BASIS   >
 

COOL FACTS ABOUT THE CAMP !
 
there are active bars and clubs where not only young adults but adults would check in at times. don't expect to see a stripper.
there is a laundry room so that's where most people wash their clothes.
yes, there is wifi so you can vid call with your friends and update your instagram account though now isn't a really good time... is it?
 there is an amusement park though it's shut down on most days. this park inspired the name "hope 101" , because hope and joy are the emotions that you feel when you're present at this place.
COOL FACTS ABOUT THE RESIDENTS !
 
many of them adopt a pet. yeah, you can have a pet!
most of them no longer have a family but several couples married each other, now building a new home for themselves and their children.
the girls engage less in the entire training and hunting activities. namjoon gave them an option but most of them are scared to face the infected.
if someone dies, the camp will gather together and burn their body, having a moment of their last words. if they don't have the corpse, they will hold a ceremony around the fire, writing letters to the deceased then let the flames devour the words.

THE CAMP,

well-known as the least problematic and the most well-functioning camp, hope 101 is located in a fictional city named heondae of north gyeonsang (click here for the map). founded three years ago by kim minseok, it is the third oldest camp just behind camp ace and camp empire. you can find more information about each camp in the next chapter. 

the current leader of the camp is kim namjoon, whose hands were once soaked wet with his father's blood but the members admire him for his bravery and astuteness. after all, namjoon was just simply trying to prevent the worst from happening — which was stopping founder of hope 101, who was his own father, from turning into a zombie. 

hope 101 specialises in crafting weapons and ammo but they are lacking doctor and nurses. they are on good terms with the fireflies, often gathering resources and fighting alongside with the rebellious organization just to serve their benefits. the proportions between the young and the old, male and female of this camp are balanced, and the members are absolutely loyal to their leader's orders though recently, many of them have begun to stand up against namjoon as they believe that it is absurd and unnecessary to lend the fireflies a hand.

although everyone has a job, namjoon still sends random people on a mission daily as he believes that everyone needs to advance their skills and some people deserve a good rest. however, with a completely new upcoming plan, some changes are going to be made.


LOCATIONS,

heondae is a relatively small city, abandoned for one year and a half after the apocalypse. when the first members of hope 101 arrived, the city was a wreckage — empty and dusty, mutated rats running across the moss-filled streets, and a few zombies staggering around. after a revonation, well, it is still dusty and damaged in many ways but heondae is a perfect location for their new residence. the city is surrounded in wood walls as built by the camp members, and people managed to lit a light upon the city which used to be swallowed by complete darkness and gloominess. 

there are many apartments around the city, enough room to fill 200 people and they live close by in case of emergency. there are fields to grow crops outside of the walls and a ranch at the outskirts. in the heart of the city are where many stores and such are active at night when the lights turn on. some people choose to reside at these places rather than living in an apartment so you can sleep at anywhere you want to, really though first come, first served.

there is a training area replacing an old soccer field where members are taught to defend themselves or practising a weapon. there are three restaurants that run 24/7, ready to serve whoever is hungry (you will need to pay for them if you are eating an extra meal aside from the three main meals a day). there's a library, three shopping malls, several markets and many convenient stores. supplies are stored in a warehouse. the biggest university in the city, heondae uni, is used as a lab and home for doctors and scientists. meanwhile, namjoon, the vice leader and the group who is in charge of looking after the camp occupy the largest high school. the principal room is where they store their secret files, guarded carefully. aside from that, there are a various range from different shops and stores. some are empty, some have been turned into a home for the survivors.


ROLES,

technically, there's no need for an income anymore now that everything is about surviving together. there are many occupations for one, raging from being a soldier, a part of the military or a mechanic for their camp. here is the list of most common jobs among the camp members:

students. children aged six to ten are required to attend classes. there, they are going to learn how to read, write, do basic math and learn about survival skills.
teachers. they are the ones that give lessons at school, help shaping a new generation.
trainers. they are in charge of training not only the young but the potential ones to master a weapon, building up their strength and just generally turning them into the "special weapons" of the camp.
doctors & nurses. with the lack of medical equipments and supplies, saving a life might not always be possible but they are the ones that wounded civilians would come to.
scientists. in charge of searching for a cure for the national wide disease.
chefs. they provide three meals a day for everyone in the camp daily, and cooking for two hundred people every day is more tiring than one could ever imagine.
farmers. the camp's food resources depend on their hands. farmers are not only growing crops but also raising cattles.
armorers. weapon specialists that craft weapons and ammo for the everyone's needs.
traders. or sometimes called the dealers. these people travel between camps and cities, trading their camp's goods for other beneficial goods but during most ocassions, they travel to big cities where the military base is at, dropping off weapons, ammo and food supplies as ordered. if refusing to, the military will destroy their camp.
mechanics. in charge of maintaining and repairing every equipment and system that would be essential for survival needs. these are very skilled people. if someone's phone is broken, they can help fix it as well. 
hunters. gathering resources from the woods, hunting for deers and fresh animal meat, there is a high risk that they will never come back.

there are, of course, plenty of other available occupations for civilians to choose from. just remember that no one gets to rest and everyone has to work, that's how you contribute. if one doesn't have a specific job in the camp, they will automatically be sent on a hunt for meat and resources in the woods and outside of the wall.

if one doesn't belong to a camp or a city, they are labelled as a bandit (or a lone survivor if they behave nicely and just want to survive) — wandering around, looting and stealing from other survivors, and it's not a good choice to stumble across one because most of them are ruthless. they will kill you even if you surrender and give them everything you have.


WEAPONS,

in order to survive in the new world, everyone must need a weapon not only to protect themselves from the dead but also from the living. to craft a weapon, one would need to find resources (such as making bow and arrows, they would need stone and wood) but even so, it is still rather hazardous to go outside and look for materials in this condition especially when you could be dead any moment, not to mention there are some rare resources so it would take at least a while to find them.

guns are the most powerful weapon, allowing one to use them in both long range and close range combat with a powerful burst but making a gun is quite time-consuming, so even though every person is encouraged to have a weapon along with them, not everyone will have a gun. plus, firing would cause loud noises, attracting more and more zombies, which is why it is advised that survivors should only use firearms when absolutely necessary. not to mention that ammo is in short supply! 

this type of weapon is mainly used by the military though many camps have begun to craft their own guns, selling, trading, and using them for self-defense but these weapons are only given to the trustworthy people (if your character eanrs enough of namjoon's trust) and kept in store, guaranteed that they won't fall into bad hands. however, most camp members are taught to use a gun since it would be essential for their missions and just in case

this is the list of available guns, bold meaning your character won't be able to own one even though they are trained to excel at using it or whatsovever:

m134 minigun (extremely heavy, can hold up to 200 ammo, fast firing speed, highly destructive), sniper rifle (high mobility, long range and deals a fatal injury), ak47 assault rifle (high firing rate with short range, common among the camp members), m416 assault rifle (excellent destructive power and accuracy, can kill the infected quickly without causing accidental injury), hunting rifle (often used for hunting), mondragon rifle (long range, strong firepower and small magazine capacity), thompson smg & mp5 smg & uzi smg (high firing rate and high precision), revolver, shotgun, 9mm pistol.

(i don't know anything about firearms so there's no need for you to go in depth with it! if you're going to let your character have a gun, just pick one that you like if you don't feel like going in depth either tbh)

list of common weapons: crossbow, flamethrower, axe, bow and arrows, hatchet, machete, metal pipe, baseball bat, molotov cocktail, grenade, smoke bomb, combat knife, switch blade... pretty much everything else that can be used to strike against a zombie. each character is allowed to carry up to three weapons. 

ino
ino

 © POLLARBEAR

the camp roles might sound confusing so i'll elaborate
on them more in the cheatsheet! don't worry.