New Discoveries

The Sun Always Shines Above The Clouds


  Hyejoo loved to read. She loved discovering a new world amongst the pages. The stories she read distracted her from her own life. Not to say anything in particular was so bad about her life. She had a normal family, good grades, and 2 really great friends. She just preferred to be alone and felt sad sometimes. Its normal for a teenager to feel that way right?
    
She was currently reading a random romance novel she found in the library hidden away amongst the shelves. The character in the story was writing a diary entry about their crush. Oh how Hyejoo wished someone would write about her. But real life isn't like the books and she knows no one will ever write about her.

However, someone is. There’s a girl who simply doesn't know how to NOT write about Hyejoo. There’s a girl who adores her. Hyejoo just isn't aware of it yet.

 

 

“Please Hyejoo just once, please just this once.” Hyunjin begged.

“Remind me again, why I have to do this?” Hyejoo asked with a frown on her face.

“Because you love me!” Hyunjin exclaimed.

“Lets go, its just one lunch with your crush. You survived yesterday being alone with her so I think you can survive one lunch.” Sooyoung said while grabbing Hyejoo and pulling her out of the library.


Sooyoung and Hyunjin understood her. They gave her space and alone time but were always there for her when she needed. Hyejoo felt like a bad friend for not making an effort to get to know Sooyoung and Hyunjin’s girlfriends. Thats the only reason she is allowing herself to be dragged into the cafeteria. Not because she's excited to see Chaewon.

As soon as the 3 girls walked into the cafeteria Hyejoo spotted Chaewon. She felt Sooyoung squeeze her hand to give her the reassurance she needed. They made it to where the other girls were sitting and greeted each other.
    
Sooyoung sat next to her girlfriend Jiwoo and Hyunjin sat next to her girlfriend Heejin. Next to Heejin sat Jinsoul and Jungeun, across from them was Yeojin, Yerim, and Chaewon. Hyejoo sat next to Chaewon and smiled shyly at everyone.

“I made sure this seat was available for you.” Chaewon said smiling brightly at Hyejoo.

“Oh, thats um nice.” Hyejoo murmered.

She heard Sooyoung and Hyunjin laughing at her awkwardness and shot them a glare.

“Do you hear that Chae? She thinks you're nice.” Jungeun teased.

Hyejoo was confused. She wasn't sure if they were making fun of her but she knew Sooyoung and Hyunjin wouldn't allow that so she pushed those thoughts aside.

“Oh, so Hyejoo is going to come to they party tonight also” Sooyoung yelled out.

“Jeez why are you screaming you hag!” Yeojin screamed back.

Hyejoo started giggling at their antics until she realized what was said. Wait… party? What party? She started to panic, thoughts racing through her head. She hated parties because big crowds made her anxious. She typically spent her Friday nights gaming until 5 am. She heard all the girls speaking with excitement but she couldn't focus. She was trying to come up with an excuse to get out of said party.
Chaewon turned to her and spoke but Hyejoo was still internally panicking so she couldn't hear what was being said.

“Hyejoo, are you alright?” Chaewon asked with concern in her voice.

“Y-yes I.. I’m sorry what did you say?” She replied while trying to give a small smile.

“I said, I’m glad you're coming to the party. Yeojin’s parties are the best” Chaewon said giggling.

“Yeah I’m gonna try to get Haseul to get us some booze.” Yeojin said and the rest of the girls started cheering.

All Hyejoo heard was that Chaewon said she was glad she’d be going to the party. OK… It’s just one party. It wont hurt to go to one party. She could go for an hour and then leave to game for the rest of the night.

 

1 hour before the party

Sooyoung and Hyunjin were over at Hyejoo’s house helping her get ready. According to Sooyoung there was a proper routine to get ready for a party. Hyejoo pulled out a pair of black jeans to wear with her grey crop top and leather jacket.

“Hot!” Hyunjin said smiling brightly at her.

“I hope she likes emo girls.” Sooyoung said while rolling her eyes.


After getting ready the 3 of them started walking towards Yeojin’s house.

“Guys… I’m not sure if I can do this.” Hyejoo whispered.


“Hey, yes you can. You go in and be yourself. If you want to leave at any moment we’ll leave.” Sooyoung said reassuringly.

“We stick together, if you want to leave then we will leave with you but you can do this.” Said Hyunjin.

Hyejoo nodded and kept telling herself she could do this. She couldn't let her anxiety get the best of her. She had to at least try, even if she was scared.


When they walked in they were pulled into hugs by the rest of the girls. Hyejoo was surprised she was welcomed so easily by Sooyoung and Hyunjin’s friends but she felt happy. She felt like she could overcome her fear.

Chaewon walked over to Hyejoo with 2 cups in her hand. She handed one to her while smiling and saying, “I’m happy you came, I really like your outfit.”

“O-oh thanks. I-I like your skirt.” Hyejoo stuttered out.

She then looked down at the cup. She was only 17 and she had never drank alcohol before. She wasn't sure what to do.

Chaewon looked at Hyejoo noticing the way she was eyeing the cup.

“Dont worry, thats not alcohol! No way was Haseul going to get Yeojin alcohol.” Chaewon shouted over the loud music.

Hyejoo smiled and took a sip, yep just lemonade.

 

After about an hour more people started showing up. Hyejoo couldn't even move without bumping into someone. She started to get a feeling she was all too familiar with.
God no, not here. She thought to herself.


Suddenly she felt like she was choking. Her clothes felt too tight and all she knew was she had to go somewhere alone before she had a panic attack in front of half her school.

She rushed through the crowd and made it to the bathroom. Locking the door fast she tried to focus on her breathing.


Come on… breathe… just breathe. She kept telling herself.


Suddenly she heard a knock on the door. She opened it expecting it to be Sooyoung or Hyunjin but was shocked to see Chaewon.


“Are you ok?” Chaewon said while closing the door and locking it behind her.

Hyejoo couldn't speak so she just shook her head no.

“Are you having a panic attack?” Asked Chaewon.

Hyejoo slowly shook her head yes in embarrassment.

“Hey, its ok. My sister has them sometimes, no need to be embarrassed.” Chaewon said reassuringly.


Hyejoo just stood there picking at her nails still trying to breathe. Chaewon took Hyejoo’s hands in hers loving the feeling of how soft they were and how perfectly they fit together. She couldn't focus on all that right now though. Hyejoo was having an anxiety attack and she had to help her.

She looked at her and said, “Look at me, I’m here. You’re not alone. Breathe with me.”

The two of them stood there, Hyejoo trying to copy Chaewon’s slow breaths. Finally Hyejoo calmed down and was breathing properly. She wanted the ground to swallow her whole. Not only did she have an anxiety attack but she had one in front of her crush. She looked up and met Chaewon’s kind eyes. She figured she should give her some sort of explanation.

“I-I… I dont like crowds.” She said while hanging her head low.

Chaewon nodded understandingly. They stood in silence for a bit until Chaewon said, “Hey do you want to go to my house? We can eat ice cream and watch movies or something.”

Hyejoo was in shock that Chaewon still wanted to hangout with her despite what happened. However, ice cream did sound really nice so she shook her head yes gratefully.

The two of them left the bathroom and Hyejoo walked over to explain to Sooyoung and Hyunjin what happened.

Chaewon didn't exactly tell her friends about Hyejoo’s anxiety attack. She just told them she wanted to spend time more time with Hyejoo alone and they understood.

The two girls walked in silence to Chaewon’s house. When they walked in Hyejoo spotted Chaewon’s ps4, eyes lighting up immediately.

“You game?” She asked her excitedly.

“Yeah! Would you like to play something?” Chaewon responded.

Hyejoo nodded eagerly.
Chaewon couldn't stop herself from smiling brightly at how adorable Hyejoo looked.

“Ok start it up, I just need to go to my room quickly!” Chaewon said throwing Hyejoo the remote.

Chaewon POV


Chaewon rushed upstairs grabbed her journal to quickly write in it before she forgot.


March 24,

Hyejoo is currently downstairs on my couch and we’re going to game!!!!!!! She’s a gamer! She's so dreamy and beautiful and perfect. She looks just like the love of my life UWU. She said she likes my skirt. She likes my skirt and I LIKE HER!

Hyejoo POV

Hyejoo didn't think it was possible to like Chaewon more but she was proven wrong. When she learned Chaewon also loved video games she was sure she fell in love. She smiled to herself thinking about how the night could've went horribly but was ending up great.

She watched Chaewon login and thats when she couldn't believe her eyes. She saw Chaewon log in with a username she was oh so familiar with.


“You’re… Gowon… bong… dr…?” She asked slowly.

“No silly, its Gowon bbong drrr!” She emphasized.

The two girls stared at each other until Chaewon finally realized what Hyejoo had said.

“WAIT…YOU’RE OLIVIA HYE?” Chaewon screamed.