Running Through The Rain

The Sun Always Shines Above The Clouds


    Hyejoo always liked the rain. It gave her an excuse to lay in her bed and hibernate. She had never been a social person. Sooyoung and Hyunjin were her only 2 friends and thats all she needed. As she was about to walk home she realized she forgot her umbrella. She let out a groan and contemplated whether to just make a run for it or to wait and see if the rain would stop. While debating with herself she felt a hand softly tap her shoulder.

“Hey, Hyejoo right?

Hyejoo turned to see who was speaking to her and was left breathless. Park Chaewon. A literal ball of sunshine and one of the most popular girls in school. Also, Hyejoo’s crush for the last two years.

“U-um yes, hi.” Hyejoo responded quietly.

“Were you about to walk home in the rain?”

“I-I didn't realize it was going to rain and forgot an umbrella.” Hyejoo said all in one breath.

Hyejoo was happy she was finally talking to her crush but disappointed their first conversation was about her forgetfulness to bring her umbrella and check her weather app before she left for school this morning.

“Oh… I see. Well, I could drive you home, I’d hate for you to walk in this weather.” Chaewon said awkwardly.

Hyejoo was wondering why Chaewon was being so nice. They had never even spoken before this. How did Chaewon even know her name? Sooyoung and Hyunjin knew Chaewon and she trusted them so she turned and whispered a small yes to the blonde.

“Great, Come on!” Chaewon exclaimed.

Chaewon opened her umbrella and grabbed Hyejoo’s hand to lead her to the car.

As they were running through the schools parking lot Hyejoo looked at Chaewon and smiled. She’d never seen someone look so beautiful despite such a stormy day.
Chaewon locked eyes with Hyejoo and smiled back at her.
Hyejoo could've died happily in that moment. She was finally interacting with her crush and it felt like a dream.

Chaewon came to a stop as they finally reached her car. Neither of them even realized they were holding hands until they had to let go.

“Let me get the door for you.” Chaewon said while smiling.
Hyejoo got in the car and stammered out a low “Thanks.”
She couldn't stop her hands from shaking and she knew it wasn't because of the cold. Within the last 10 minutes she was running and holding hands with her crush in the rain. “Sooyoung and Hyunjin will not believe this.” She said to herself.

“Any song preference?” Chaewon asked.

“N-No I-I’m fine with anything.” Hyejoo answered.
She wished she could just stop stuttering and making a fool of herself. However, being in a small car with her crush wasn't doing any favors for her social anxiety. Thankfully she was able to direct Chaewon to her house without getting them lost.

As Chaewon pulled into the driveway Hyejoo let out a small sigh of relief. She was happy to be able to breathe again but she was disappointed to leave Chaewon.
What would it be like in school tomorrow? Would Chaewon talk to her?
Chaewon was the most popular girl in school and the cheer captain and Hyejoo? Well, she was the girl who ate lunch alone in the library.


“Um.. thank you for taking me home.” Hyejoo said quietly.
“Of course, anytime you need a ride just ask!” Chaewon reassured her while smiling.
“Ok bye, I’ll see you in school.” Hyejoo said while blushing.
“Bye!” Chaewon giggled.

As Hyejoo was walking to her room reflecting on her day it still didn't feel real. She couldn't wait to tell Sooyoung and Hyunjin about this tomorrow.

She sat on her bed and her PS4 to see if her friend was online. She found it easier to interact with people through gaming.
She wasn't good in social situations but gaming? Gaming she was great at.


Chaewon POV

When Chaewon got home she hugged her mom quickly then ran to her room to turn her PS4 on. While she was waiting for it to load she pulled out her journal to write about her day.

March 23,

I did it!!!! I finally spoke to Hyejoo!!! I was so nervous to approach her but Yerim and Yeojin gave me the courage I needed. Not only did I drive her home but we held hands! I didn't even realize we were holding hands… it just felt so natural. So right. She's so so so pretty! When I saw her up close I was like woah luv, that caught me off guard.She didn't talk much but thats ok. Heejin told me she's shy. I hope I can get to know her more. I will try hard because she's worth it. Tomorrow in school I will ask her if she wants to come sit in the cafeteria with us for lunch. I know shes friends with Sooyoung and Hyunjin so I'm not sure why she sits alone. Anyway... I really hope she likes me. I feel like I know her, I was so comfortable with her. When we were running and she smiled at me my heart went BBONG BBONG DRRR!!!!!!! Should I give her a flower tomorrow or would that be weird? Maybe it would be weird...I will save that for when I take her on our first date!!!!

 

Chaewon closed her journal and put it in her bedside table. She grabbed her remote and logged on to see her friend Olivia Hye was online. They had never met but they always played online together. Chaewon hoped her and Olivia could meet someday. She decided to message Olivia to see how her day at school had been.

Gowon_bbongdrrr: Hey Olivia :)

Olivia_Hye: Hi Gowon! How was your day?

Gowon_bbongdrrr: Great, remember my crush I told you about? We finally spoke today and held hands!

Olivia_Hye: Really? I’m happy you finally spoke to her :) My crush drove me home today! She’s so pretty I couldn't even look at her  ^ ^

“What are the odds…” Thought Chaewon. Olivia couldn't possibly be Hyejoo. It had to be a strange coincidence.
 
Gowon_bbongdrrr: It was a lucky day for us! I have to eat dinner, lets game in an hour :)

As Chaewon walked to her kitchen she couldn't help but to have a strange feeling about Olivia Hye.