one

`consequences : conflict of interest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  chapter one The Beginning of Chaos

“You don't , but you will.”

― Kim Jisoo, Prosecutor

 

8AM - Chanyeol's Apartment

The loud alarm keeps ringging until Chanyeol 's soul finally return to his body, he groans as his long arm reached the top of his alarm clock and turns it off. He streches his body before his sat down and ruffles his hair. 
"Oh, you're up!" A woman voice could be heard walking closer to his direction. "Good Morning, Professor Park" She said , opening Chanyeol's bedroom door and went inside the room, she handed him a cup of coffee. 
Chanyeol takes the coffee and sighs, "Noona, you really need to stop barging into my apartment like this." He said before taking a sip of his coffee. 
The woman is none other than Elijah, Chanyeol's father chief of staff. Eversince Chanyeol back in Korea, his Dad keep telling Elijah to keep an eye on him. 
"Are you going to report to university today?" she asked.
"Yeah, I need to submit my paper" Chanyeol answered.
"I don't understand why they stil need you to submit the paper. Your graduation is all over the news, and I think They should be thankful that you decided to teach on their university!" She said while busily scrolling through her phone. 
Chanyeol had alot of offers to teach in various university, some offers even came from overseas. But he choosed SNU because it's his alma mater and to be close with his Mom in Seoul.
"They're just doing their job. Like how you doing your job right now, spying on me."
"Excuse you, I am not spying you." 
"Dad would never sent you out here for no reason."
"Your Dad, is not as bad as you think, you know."
Chanyeol get up and put down his coffee on the table, "Oh Yeah, he so much more than that." he said sarcastically then took off his shirt. 
"He's just doing his job." Elijah casually defends her boss while stil busy with her phone.
"I'm stil amazed on how loyal you are to him." He snickers. 
"Anyway don't forget, dinner with your Dad at 8 PM." She put her phone and looks at Chanyeol. "Oh, i see you've been working out." She tried to sounds not impressed but she does surprised seeing Chanyeol's ripped abs. Elijah only remember Chanyeol as a skinny kid who confessed to her by buying her chocolate on valentine's day. 
"Stop staring, I'll report this as an unpleasant behavior."
"Then why are you showing it off?!"
"First of all, you're the one who barged into my apartment. And secondly, I'm going to take a shower, so please on your way out.. don't forget to wash the dishes." Chanyeol said then goes inside the bathroom.
"Eishh.. that kid!"

8AM - Oh Residence
Jihyun finished preparing for the breakfast and waits for her husband and kids to joined her at the dinning table. Sehun came down first, he sat next to her. Jongin and Namgil come while talking with each other before they take a seat on a cross from Sehun and Jihyun. 
"Have you call the secretary of defence?" Namgil stil focus talking with Jongin. 
Jihyun put some meat and side dish to her husband's plate, she also put some to her two son before giving some to her own plate. 
"He keep dodging my call, his staff claimed that he's busy on renovating the fortress that got tampered at Mount Baekdu." Jongin said.
"Do you really think it's the north korean attempted to provoke us?" Jihyun asked. 
"Not sure, but seeing how the media keeps promoting the story that way, It seems like we are in an alert position now." Namgil answered, "Let's start eating now" he said , then everyone started to eat their food. it's always been like that , whenever they eat together, Namgil have to started to eat first before the rest of them. 
It's been a hot news about the fortress at Mount Baekdu that got tampered badly, Mount Baekdu is a crucial and sacred place that separated South and North Korea. Miles of fortress is unfolds around Mount Baekdu to protect the citizens from each other country. 
"This is what's bothering Me, shouldn't the secretary is the one that trying to reach us? Don't we need to strengthen our weapon?" Jongin said half whining before takes in another bite. 
"It does bothered me too." Namgil nods in agreement.
"Did he try to backstab us about the tender deals?" 
"He wouldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter