two

`consequences : conflict of interest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  chapter two The First Thunder

“You have a great life line, just like mine .”

― Sangyeob,  Lawmaker. 

 

1PM - Tres (Restaurant)
Not long after Jisoo left, Jihyun came and sit down across from Chanyeol. 
"You met your friend?" Jihyun asked as she put down her bag on the empty chair next to her.
"Eh? What friend?" 
"Don't act a fool! I saw a lady here with you, why you didn't tell her to wait and greet me?" Jihyun chuckles then called the waiter.
"Oh, you saw us?" 
"She's pretty, what''s her name?" she asked, Chanyeol playfully do a zipped out motion with his hand, Jihyun slaps her son's hand and shaking her head. "Let's order now!" she said when the waiter brinig a menu for them. 
After done ordering Jihyun took out a pile of paper from the meeting earlier, "Busy day, huh?" Chanyeol peeked at the paper.
"It's not finalized yet, We are going to continue the meeting after lunch" she said then put on her reading glasses, flipping the paper and marking few things here and there.
"I didn't know it would be this difficult to have a new corner."
"Well, Mr.Professor , you might gifted on science but the entertainment industry is a whole different case" 
"Ouch.. Mom.." Chanyeol rubs his chest as if he's hurt by his mother's words.
"Anyway, when do you have time to have dinner with us? Your Dad missed you." 
"I don't know, Mom. I need to check my scheduled first."
"You just said that cause you want to avoid seeing Jongin, right?"
"Don't get me wrong , Mom. I just feel stuffy whenever he started talked down, not to me. But to you."
"He's my son, too. I understand how he feels."
"It's been over 20 years, shouldn't he moved on already?" 
"I'm sure, eventually he accepted us."
"Im okay if he don't like me, but if he keep disrespecting you, i have no choice but to take you away with me."
Jihyun chuckles lightly as she took off her reading glasses, "Really? My boy going to provides for me?"
"Yeah, about time to dragged you out from that house."
"I am flattered, but your Dad and your Lil Brother needs me." Jihyun saw their food is coming, she cleans up her paper on the table, "So stop thinking about that. Please."
Chanyeol rolled his eyes upon his Mom request. 

2PM - Sanctuary 
"Did you know most of our vvip is the state officials and 3/5 them were caught for curruption." Kyungsoo said the bitter fact while he checking up their wine collection at the wine cellar.
"Do you really need say that out loud?" Sehun laughs as he wipes few of the older one bottles.
"Well, technically we did facilitated them here."
"Bro, they paid for the room and food. We had nothing to do with their dirty bussiness inside."
"I don't know, it just feels wrong."
"Don't waste your energy to think about other people's bussiness. it's tiring."
"Are you saying that because that's what you do with your family bussiness?"
"Well, someone needs to be the 'sane' one on the Oh family, since my dad and hyung can't do that, I'm the only hope."
"You almost makes me believe that what we're doing is a noble thing."
"I swear I'll throw this bottle at you if you say something like that again." Sehun hissed.
Kyungsoo glanced at the wine bottle on Sehun's hand, "Nah, you should throw the other bottles, The one in your hand is Domaine Leroy Chambertin Grand Cru 1990 , it cost around $7,447"
"W-what?" Sehun checks the wine label then putting back slowly at it's place.
"I didn't know we can afford that"
"Exactly, We don't."
"What do you mean?"
"One of our corrupted vvip who just got caught recently, was the one who gaves it to us."
"Wait- what? Since when do we accepted wine from vvip??"
"Since your Dad brought them here."
"Oh, ." Sehun mumbles under his breath. 

5PM - Taebaek Lawfirm
Jennie is cleaning up her desk and getting ready to get off from the office, someone knocks on her door and open it, It was Seokgu, Jennie's Dad right hand. 
"Oh, Oppa, what are you doing?" she asked while walking towards him that standing on the door.
"Your Dad wants to meet you." Seokgu answered then gesturing her to follow him.
Jennie follows after him while whining."Now? Can't we just talk at home?" 
"Your Dad will fly to Goseong tonight"
"Oh right, he's going to meet his client, who is the client that makes him willing to fly there?"
"You haven't heard, about what happened on the border?"
"The fortress thing? But he's a lawyer, this had nothing to do with him."
Goseong county is the nearest city from  the borders  and it's been announced that the city had officially made to be the central control for the rebuild of the tampered fortress on south korea.
"That's only what you think."
Before entering her dad's chamber, everyone will be scanned and they are mandatory to put their phone on the deposit place that is guard by security, a maximum security that always make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter