Chapter 2

But Beautiful

Jimin helps Jungkook seal the last moving box. They didn't speak much besides the occasional 'thank you' from Jungkook and 'no problem' or 'you're welcome' from Jimin.

 

Their hands touched and Jimin grew tense, his breath caught in his throat. He's still in a shocked state, especially after that night:

 

"I... I love him, Jimin."

 

The sentence is so foreign to the omega, because what always came after 'I love,' was 'you' or 'Jimin.' It had hit his ear wrong like an off note key.

 

Jimin felt his whole body freeze up. "Who?"

 

"Kim Taehyung."

 

Jimin says the name to start a conversation. It was also to snap him back into reality, although it didn't really matter at this point because everything hurt.

 

"Will Taehyung pick you up?"

 

Jungkook taps his fingers on the cardboard box, like he doesn't know what to do with them. "No. He'll be sending a driver for me."

 

"Oh."

 

After that, it was just quiet again.

 

Jimin couldn't help but let his mind replay the night of the confession. After hearing that his boyfriend had been having an affair, Jimin's first reaction after getting over his shock was obviously anger. More like betrayal, because he already promised not to be mad. But it was reasonable for him to lash out if he had wanted to. 

 

He wanted to ask all sorts of things, like how could Jungkook do this, why he would be with someone else when he already has a partner, etc. Most of all, what did Jimin lack?

 

Jungkook places his hand on the omega's shoulder, "I'm sorry it had to end this way between us."

 

Jimin takes his hand and his thumb over the creases of the palm, probably for the very last time. "Thank you, Jungkook. Thanks for giving me happiness for the past years. I really enjoyed having you with me, and I'm going to miss you... a lot."

 

Jungkook stares at Jimin. Even though his love has moved on to another person, his gaze now is still as fond as when he loved Jimin. He can feel it. "I'll miss you too."

 

The two pull each other into a tight and warm embrace. Jimin takes a deep breath in, for it is his last time he'll ever be able to take in Jungkook's scent and hold him this way.

 

"I mean it," Jimin says quietly, "I mean it when I say that I wish the best for you and Taehyung. It doesn't matter if the both of you are alphas. Love him strongly. Love him right."

 

Jimin came to accept that Jungkook is going to move on from him. There was a saying that if you love two people, chose the second one, because if you truly love the first one, there wouldn't be a second. Jimin came first, Taehyung came second. In the end, Jimin only wants Jungkook to be happy. If he loves Taehyung, he wouldn't stand in his way. He cheated, but Jimin will not hold a grudge against him. 

 

The alpha murmurs into Jimin's hair, "You're really the best."

 

A buzz came from Jungkook's phone. He pulls it out to look a it, most likely a text. "The car's here."

 

Jimin and Jungkook carry the boxes out of the apartment to the car. Jungkook didn't pack much, so it didn't take much space or a long time.

 

The omega walks up to the side of the car after Jungkook got in. The tinted window rolls down and Jimin gives a timid smile.

 

Jungkook leans out of the window enough to get closer. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me."

 

Jimin nods. "Thanks."

 

"Take care of yourself. Goodbye," Jungkook said before the engine starts and the car begins to drive away. Jimin waves farewell as the car gets smaller and smaller, farther and farther.

 

When it is far enough, Jimin falls to his knees. He cries and lets his tears fall into the icy cement.

 

He's all by himself from now on.

 

~~

 

"Mister!" A maid knocks on the door several times. No matter how many times she knocks or call him, Seokjin will not open it. "Please, your husband is on the phone and wants to talk to you."

 

Seokjin, curled up into a ball in his bed, snarls and threw the first thing he could grab. He flung it at the door, and the knocking stops. "I refuse to speak to him," he seethes through his teeth. "And never, ever, refer that bastard as my husband."

 

His phone is ringing nonstop and when he puts it on silent, it kept vibrating loudly and Taehyung keeps calling the home phone, which is why the maid is asking for him. He had already thrown that at the door as well.

 

After that short fit, he gets a few moments of silence. He realized that he threw a picture frame with a photo of him and Taehyung. Good. From now on, he'll need to get rid of everything that'll remind him of the man.

 

Under the blankets, Seokjin's anger only boils as the air inside gets stuffier.

 

7 years... They've been married for seven years and knew each other for even longer and the scumbag throws him away for someone he knew for only what? Two or three years?!! All the work that they did to build this relationship, all the cultivating and trusting, was it all for nothing?

 

A knock sounded from the door again and Seokjin shouts, "Go away! Why can't you all just leave me alone!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Seokjin, please."

 

Seokjin grows completely silent. He's even more shock than ever because-

 

"I am warning you," Seokjin said dangerously, "Leave now or I might hurt you."

 

"I'll leave once you talk to Taehyung."

 

Seokjin jumps out of bed and storms towards the door, nearly cutting himself from the glass he broke earlier. He pounds his fists in the door. "What is there to talk about?! We are through! You're free to have him, you filthy dog!"

 

Jungkook... Jungkook... that pathetic alpha. How can Jungkook call himself an alpha when he can't even protect his partner yet alone himself?

 

Seokjin laughs. He knew that Jungkook had a boyfriend, that he is just like Seokjin, oblivious to the affair until a few nights ago.

 

"Call me whatever you want, I deserve it," Jungkook says through the door. "But you must talk with Taehyung because you still mean so much to him."

 

Seokjin laughs harder as tears streaks his face. "He means so much to me! I gave him all the love I could give! And it's clearly not enough because he needs you instead!"

 

His forgotten phone began vibrating again, moving on the floor next to Seokjin. Taehyung is calling again.

 

"He's been with you all these years," Jungkook says in a more gentle tone. "It didn't end well the night he told you about us. He doesn't want you and him to end like this. You don't even want to see him. At least hear him out."

 

Seokjin sits down with his back to the door. He pushes some shards of glass away from the phone. The tears have slowed for now, and he picks up the device.

 

If he picks up, he'll hear Taehyung's voice. His deep, soothing, and gentle voice. He'll hear that voice in a pained state, and say what Seokjin doesn't not need to hear twice, another goodbye.

 

"Seokjin," Jungkook pleads, "You two are still mated. What you're feeling, he's going through it as well."

 

Seokjin's eyes flickered. Even if they're still mates, there is no way that Taehyung is feeling what he is. Taehyung ditched him, abandoned him. He won't know how that feels and he'll never know. It tore Seokjin apart, and if it hurt him, then it must hurt Taehyung too.

 

Seokjin tilts his head slightly towards the door, approximately where Jungkook is standing.

 

"He's yours now. I don't give a about him anymore."

 

He turns the phone off completely. The screen goes black.

 

~~

 

Jimin has just started to clean his next room when he noticed a newspaper sitting on the table. It was crumpled up, so he grabs it and was going to throw it away but a face took him by surprise.

 

Slowly flattening it out, he was able to see that the man was Kim Taehyung. Wow, Jungkook found a really powerful alpha. But the article wasn't about him at all. It was about a restaurant owned by Kim Seokjin. The handsome man next to Taehyung in the photo must be him. Jimin reads the caption by it, which states that they were husbands.

 

"They're mates," Jimin whispers. If Jungkook, his boyfriend, left him and it stung this much, he couldn't imagine what Taehyung's mate is feeling.

 

An incredulous thought runs across his mind and he even told himself that it wouldn't work but...

 

Maybe he can try to find Seokjin and comfort him.

 

Jimin shakes his head. It was a stupid idea. Seokjin is high classed. Jimin considers himself lowest of the lowest.

 

But he's in the same boat. Maybe Seokjin wants someone to talk to and understand this situation. They could be friends and support each other.

 

Jimin scoffs at the ridiculous thought and throws the newspaper away, not before making a note of the name of the restaurant.

 

He better work. It'll be harder now that Jungkook isn't with him, working to pay together. It won't bother him though, because he doesn't want to be dependent. He thought that he was the one who was always taking care of Jungkook, but he realized how much Jungkook had taken care of him too.

 

Even though Jimin told himself not to worry, he can't help but feel a bit scared. He had Jungkook and didn't feel the need to make lots of friends. It felt so odd to be by himself again.

 

~~

 

Seokjin spent as many days as he could away from work but he knew that he can't just hide himself in his home forever. When he was able to regain himself enough to get out of his bedroom, all his workers around the mansion were shocked and relieved. Relieved, because Seokjin finally came out after being locked in there for hours at a time, but shocked because... well, the man could see himself in the mirror to answer that.

 

By traditional standards, he does not present the features an omega should have. With puffy and empty eyes, cracked lips, and tangled hair, Seokjin looked like a tornado had hit him. He doesn't look groomed, neat, and at the same time, graceful in any sense. There was no charm or beauty. It was very unlike him and the maids and butlers even question if he was their boss.

 

He had to be tended to quickly and diligently. Makeup was used to cover up his blemishes. His hair was styled in his usual way, parted slightly to the side to reveal a bit of his forehead. His chapped lips were moistened and colored a soft pink to make them plushy. His pajamas were replaced with a smooth suit and he lifted his drooped shoulders and straightened his posture. He shuts away his raging anger for now, locks it with a calmer but cold demeanor for the sake of other people who are not involved in this.

 

Even so, his eyes were still quite empty. There was no shine to them like there usually was. The area around them seemed caked without the eye crinkles from his smiles and laughs he is known for.

 

It's only been a few days. A year later and his eyes will turn to cold stones.

 

He went to his lovely restaurant for the day, but it wasn't enough to fill in the gap that Taehyung had left behind. If anyone noticed his change, they didn't say anything. It could also be because Seokjin acted like nothing was wrong. He surely didn't look happy, but he made sure not to look wilted either.

 

By the end of the day, he has only ten more minutes until he can go home, which it perfect. Normally, he'd try to visit his husband, now ex-husband, or plan dates for them, prepare things for them. As of this moment, he just wanted to go home and disappear. He wonders how long it'll take for people to learn about his and Taehyung's separation.

 

Seokjin winces from a sudden pang of pain, like someone punched him from inside. By their natural instincts, the bond between the two is still there, and the only way to get rid of it is to find a new mate and/or let it disappear slowly and painfully. Taehyung at least found someone else. Seokjin stands to suffer alone.

 

There's five minutes left but the omega heads home. When he stepped outside, he lets out a sigh, watching his breath in the cold air. His mind gets distracted again as he imagines Taehyung's strong arm over his shoulder.

 

"I love your shoulders. They're so broad, they make you so handsome, Jin."

 

Seokjin scans for his ride, ignoring the ache as much as he could. No sight of it yet. He huffs a little. Even if he is a little early, the car should still be here.

 

He stuffs his hands in his pockets. His nose is already starting to get runny and red.

 

"Excuse me."

 

He hears a quiet voice next to him. It belonged to a petite man, and from the first glance, Seokjin could tell that he's also an omega.

 

"Are you Kim Seokjin?"

 

Seokjin was use to people asking about him, but they were usually there for business. This man here, however, looks like a simple commoner.

 

"Yes. Who are you?"

 

The man extends his hand out awkwardly. But he had a kind smile. "I'm Park Jimin." Seokjin was reluctant but he shook his hand anyway.

 

"Can I help you with anything?" Seokjin is getting tired at the moment but he decided to it up and get this small talk over with first. He can't be rude even if he wanted to, especially in public.

 

Jimin's face turns pink, and it's not because of the cold. "I... actually want to help you."

 

Seokjin raised his brow. "Help me? I'm sorry, I'm not hiring anyone right now."

 

"No," Jimin waves his hands frantically. "I meant..." he looks around him cautiously. "Can we speak somewhere else that's more private?"

 

Seokjin held back the urge to roll his eyes. Whatever this is, he doesn't have the time for it. Luckily, his car arrived.

 

"I'm sorry. I have an appointment," Seokjin lies as he walked away but Jimin steps in front of him. This time, Seokjin didn't hide his annoyance.

 

"It's about Taehyung and Jungkook," Jimin says lowly, like he doesn't want others to hear.

 

Seokjin stares at him in confusion. What does he have to do with this? Unless-

 

"I am Jungkook's boyfriend."

 

 

 

"Was."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Was," Seokjin repeats. "You were his boyfriend. Just like I was Taehyung's husband." He makes sure that Jimin understands.

 

"I don't know why you're here, but I don't want to discuss this matter any longer. You should leave it be too," he says before heading towards his car again.

 

"Wait!" Jimin spreads his arms open, blocking Seokjin's way yet again.

 

"What?" The latter complained. "Just what do you need from me?" Jimin looks at him with sad eyes. Seokjin waits.

 

"How are you?" Jimin asks.

 

Seokjin moves him with his with a hand to step him aside. "I'm fine, thank you. Have a nice day."

 

He manage to get in the car without being blocked again. Jimin held the door open though. Seokjin's driver got ready to step out and pull Jimin away but he raised his hand to stop him.

 

Jimin still remained calm. "You're lying. You're not fine." He looks at Seokjin intently, focusing on him in an attempt to read him. "I'm not fine either."

 

"So?" Seokjin says back.

 

"Let me help you. You can help me. I just want to make sure that you'll be alright," Jimin says softly.

 

Seokjin's face barely moved. "You can't just show up out of nowhere and ask to help me. I don't know you. Besides, I already talked with Taehyung and Jungkook. I don't need to talk to you too."

 

"But I-"

 

"And I most certainly do not want to be connected to Taehyung anymore. If that's all you're here for, I'm going to ask you to leave. I don't want to be part of this 'helping each other' thing," Seokjin forces the door shut and signals for the driver to go.

 

He doesn't look back but he knows that he already doesn't like Jimin. Such a fragile person... no wonder he couldn't hold on to his alpha.

 

"Who was that man, Mister?" the driver asks.

 

"Hm?" Seokjin hummed. "Oh, the man earlier? He's not important. Just a pesky fly I couldn't swat away."

 

Just another abandoned omega.