Chapter 6 (BONUS CHAPTER)

But Beautiful

"I'll be home for dinner tonight," Taehyung said as he held his phone to his ear. He paused as Seokjin spoke then laughs. The call lasted for another minute before they hang up.

Not even thirty seconds passed when the alpha leaned forwards, propping his chin on the driver's seat. He's close to the driver's ear, and whispers, "I'll see you at 11:00 tonight?"

"No..."

"I know you want to say yes."

"Taehyung, go home, and stay at home," he said with his eyes on the road, even though there's a red light. He didn't want to give in to Taehyung's deep eyes.

"C'mon, Jungkook," he whined a little. "I really want to see you tonight."

"You can see me tomorrow morning," he said impatiently, tapping his foot as he waits for the traffic light to turn green.

But Taehyung has always been on the clingy side, so he drapes an arm over the seat and Jungkook's shoulder. He noticed that Taehyung usually does this to Seokjin when they're together. "That's too long. My lips can't possibly wait for that long-"

"Hey," Jungkook's voice turned serious. Taehyung backed off a bit. The younger alpha turned his head to look at him. "That kiss was a one time thing. And a mistake. Don't think that it'll make us a thing. Keep in mind that I have my boyfriend, and most importantly, you have a loving husband."

Taehyung felt his heart sink, but Jungkook's right, so he sits back in his seat, sulking. Jungkook turns back to face the front, and continues driving. They stay quiet for the rest of the ride, with Taehyung looking at the other alpha's face through the mirror, wishing that he'd look back.

~~

Taehyung lay on his side as Seokjin spoons him from behind. He shuffled closer, pressing his back against his husband's chest. It felt right, like it always had for years, but after a couple minutes of struggling to sleep, Taehyung grabbed his phone and got up without waking his mate.

Once he's outside his mansion, he calls the person he wanted to see at the moment. It took the person long to answer, and Taehyung hopes that he would pick up.

"Hello?"

He hears him closing a door, probably so that Jimin wouldn't hear them talking.

"Jungkook," is all Taehyung said. He didn't really have a purpose to call Jungkook. He just wanted to hear him.

"I can't sleep," he added, to continue their conversation.

It humored him, because Jungkook is the reason why he couldn't sleep at night. They both have their own partners, beautiful omegas, but Taehyung can't stop his heart from pulling him towards this particular alpha.

"I can't either," Jungkook said back. Surprisingly, he wasn't upset or annoyed or mad at Taehyung. Usually, he'd tell Taehyung to stop bothering him and go on with whatever he's doing at the moment.

"I'll see you in... 30 minutes?" Taehyung asked. He bit his lip, hoping that maybe Jungkook will say yes this time.

There is a pause, like the other alpha is still deciding. In the end, Taehyung hears him sigh.

"Sure. You know where."

Taehyung smiles immediately when he heard the response. He left excitedly, leaving Seokjin sleeping alone in their bed.

During these times, he forgets that his mate can feel when their bond is weakening.

~~

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Taehyung finally gained the guts to say it after knowing Jungkook for a year. It scared him because Jungkook would most likely say,

"Of course not."

Taehyung is used to this feeling by now, but he can't seem to give up.

"Jungkook, I love you."

"You can't," the other alpha said back, like he had done many times before. "I've said it over and over. You have a mate."

"What if I never had a mate? What if I never married anyone? Would you have said yes?" Taehyung asked as he walked closer.

Jungkook doesn't back up. He kept eye contact and, again, said the same answer. "No."

Taehyung stopped when he's really close. "It's because we're both alphas, isn't it?"

"Yes," Jungkook replied, and their eyes are leveled and close. Taehyung loves how close they are in height, with Jungkook being taller by a couple centimeters despite being the younger one. Jungkook pushed him away, but Taehyung's hands grip onto his shoulders.

"I don't want to mate an alpha, Taehyung. It's disgusting and wrong."

Taehyung is also used to this. It hurt him at first, hearing the one he loves tell him that he despised him. However, that was before. Now, it doesn't bother him anymore when Jungkook tells him that because...

Taehyung held the back of Jungkook's neck firmly with his right hand while his left hand wrapped around his waist. He pulled him even closer than before, to the point where their noses are touching.

Jungkook's eyes are wide and his lips are slightly parted in surprise. His arms are awkwardly by his side as he grew flustered from not knowing what to do. Taehyung smiled cheekily at his sudden shyness.

"You say that it's disgusting and wrong..."

Taehyung closes his eyes and kisses Jungkook, who is still stiff. It'll only be for a short while.

Jungkook tried to push the older alpha away, but the more he does that, the more Taehyung's hold tightens and kisses become more passionate. He told himself to be strong, but like Taehyung predicted, he lost and melt into his arms. Jungkook grew warm and didn't realize how much he actually enjoyed the lips on his.

Just as he is returning the kiss and finally placed his palms on Taehyung's lower back, the older alpha pulled away abruptly, making Jungkook chase after his lips. He wanted more.

"If you think this is so disgusting and wrong, I'll stop."

Jungkook is left angry, unsatisfied, and very confused as Taehyung took his leave.

~~

When Jungkook first met Taehyung, he felt very grateful towards him. He basically saved his life by offering a job. It made him determined to serve Taehyung as best as he can, until the man started to act oddly over time.

Jungkook found it absolutely unacceptable when he found out that Taehyung is going to attempt to pursue him. Back then, he thought, "How could he do this? Isn't he betraying his husband?"

Now, as he pulled Taehyung by his tie to kiss him inside the car, Jungkook had to ask himself those exact questions. "How could I do this? How could I betray Jimin?"

It was that moment that his affair with Taehyung began. He had realized that, like the married alpha, he can't stop himself.

He just couldn't stop himself from falling in love with another person.

When they pulled away, Jungkook saw that he was on top of Taehyung, both breathless. They were still in the back of the car, parked somewhere isolated. It's getting late and if they stay for too long, people will get suspicious.

Still panting, Jungkook breathes out, "I hate you."

Hate you for making me love you.

Taehyung smiles back gorgeously with his soft hair brushed away from his forehead. "I hate you too."

Hate you for making me fall for you.

~~

Whenever he's with Kim Taehyung, Jungkook always felt at ease. There's no one else who could make his heart race like this. Taehyung had helped him when they met, and helped him ever since.

But Jimin is the same too, isn't he? Why didn't he feel the same thing for him? Jimin helped him ever since they became friends, and helped him leave home for good.

Jungkook loves Jimin. He truly does. But where's the heart racing? It's never there. The love that is there is not the same as the one currently existing between him and Taehyung.

Maybe Jungkook actually considers Jimin only a friend, and didn't know. He's not experienced, he may have not known about love when with Jimin.

It's a similar case with Taehyung as well.

The only person he's ever been with is Seokjin. He admits that his husband is perfect for him. Seokjin never did anything wrongful and Taehyung could always rely on him.

For him though, he was in love with Seokjin since they were young. Unlike Jungkook, he felt his heart racing for Seokjin before. He honestly felt that his husband is the one for him.

It was a couple years after they got married when Taehyung felt that something is wrong, hidden behind all of the affection. No matter how much he tried to deny it, there was nothing that could be an excuse. He thought that there had to be another reason, but there's no other explanation. He hated himself for it.

Taehyung's love for Seokjin was running out.

That's all there is to it.

How could it happen when they're so happy together, when they're planning a family, when they should be soulmates? He thought that it's impossible; isn't love infinite?

Many times, he told Seokjin that he loves him to the moon and back. Perhaps he already went and came back from the moon.

~~

After a couple months passed, Taehyung proposed that he and Jungkook come clean to their partners. Jungkook wanted to tell the truth for a while now, but he got very nervous. Jimin is a very significant person to him, and he's scared that he'll judge him, be sickened by him when he finds out that he fell for another alpha.

"Why does that still bother you?" Taehyung would ask. "Does that mean that you are still disgusted with me?"

And each time he says that, Jungkook would say, "No! I was never disgusted by you. How can I when I love you?"

"Then why are you so scared?"

"Because it just isn't normal for an alpha to be with another alpha! It's the same for betas and omegas!"

Jungkook realized what came out of his mouth and how bad it is when Taehyung didn't look too happy. He looked hurt.

"Well then, I'm so sorry that we're not normal," Taehyung said bitterly. He turned to leave but Jungkook caught him quickly, pulling him into a back hug. He rubbed his face into Taehyung's shoulder in apology.

"N-No! Please don't go... Don't ever leave... I-I'm sorry," he said with his muffled voice. "It shouldn't matter who we choose to be with. I'm so so sorry. I'm just afraid of being judged. I'm a coward, I struggle to be brave like you."

Taehyung already forgave him, turning his head to nuzzle his brown hair since his face is still in his neck. "Kook, don't say that about yourself. It's not easy. I'm afraid too."

He turned and lifted Jungkook's face up. "Even if people judge me... you... us, I will never be sad. I found you, and having you with me is all I need."

Jungkook had tears welled up in his eyes. He loves Taehyung so much. Sometimes he wondered how the alpha could choose someone like him. Taehyung is the kindest person he ever met. By saying that he'll love Jungkook no matter what already made him less nervous.

The both of them can't keep their relationship hidden anymore. A silent promise was made: that they would get past this together.

And so they told Jimin and Seokjin.

~~

When news spread about Seokjin and Taehyung splitting up, things were said. Bad things were said about him, Seokjin, and Jungkook.

His family called and were extremely upset, saying that he is making the worst decision in his life. But no matter what, Taehyung stuck to his final decision, which is to be with Jungkook.

They began to show affection in public now, but it always cause at least some people to look at them then gossip. Even if no one knew who they were, their looks and physical appearance makes it obvious that they're both alphas.

That didn't stop them from letting go of each other's hand. Jungkook likes holding Taehyung's hand, so if he wants to hold it whenever and wherever, he'd do it.

Being strong is key. Taehyung is willing to leave the comfort of his perfect life while Jungkook faces his fear from society.

Sometimes one of them will trip, like when Jungkook lets a comment get to him, but the other will help him stand back up, like when Taehyung lets him know how important and beautiful he is and that that comment is worthless.

~~

After moving away together, Taehyung bought him and Jungkook a place to live. They had money, but didn't want any mansion like Taehyung use to live in.

Jungkook was able to part from Jimin peacefully and on good terms. Taehyung would have a sullen look on his face from time to time because of what happened with Seokjin.

But when Christmas came nearer, they both only wished to enjoy it together. It'll be the first Christmas that they'll celebrate with each other and no one else.

However, on Christmas Eve, Taehyung began to behave differently. Jungkook found out that he's in a rut. They have already discussed and established that they'd help each other in times like this, so Jungkook didn't hesitate to remove their clothes and climbed on top of him.

He didn't think that it would happen, but seeing Taehyung in this state triggered something inside him too.

When he kissed his lover, they fought for dominance furiously. There is a rush to it, something Jungkook felt for the first time at that moment.

Taehyung growled and pushed him over, switching their position so that he would be the one on top instead. Their hands were all over one another, but Jungkook's hand stopped on Taehyung's neck when he saw something.

Right above his thumb was a mark. He has seen it before, but is reminded again that it was Seokjin who marked Taehyung. Most mated couples would choose to have only the alpha mark the omega, so seeing that Taehyung is also marked snapped something inside Jungkook.

Jealousy.

The fact that Seokjin is probably in heat right at this moment only flares that feeling. Because they were physically mated, something that Jungkook isn't, he feared that Taehyung would want the omega instead of him.

Taehyung is flipped onto his back again and groaned when Jungkook's mouth latches onto his neck, teeth sinking into his skin, right where the mark is. They've only kissed, but the younger alpha's desire to get rid of that mark is too strong that he bit Taehyung earlier than necessary.

When he moved back to admired his work, Taehyung pulls him in again, this time marking him. He finishes it with a over it.

And of course, by their instincts, Taehyung stared at Jungkook's marked neck proudly. His low, husky voice tells him, "You belong to me now."

Jungkook leans down until his lips barely touched Taehyung's. Also quite possessive at the moment, he replied with a satisfied smirk.

"And you're mine forever, alpha."