Chapter 5

But Beautiful

Jimin has been dusting furniture for a long while now. It's because there is a lot to dust but also because he keeps getting lost in his thoughts.

 

Mainly, he's been thinking mostly about Seokjin.

 

The evening in the the grass sprinkled with snow is still on his mind. The first time they shared their feelings to each other about this matter. He remembered clearly how Seokjin's face looked like when he said:

 

"You hate him because you still love him even now."

 

Jimin saw denial at first when Seokjin's brows drew together with his lips itching to twist, all in one spilt second. But it had dawned on him, and that denial melted away as his eyes grew gentle and his entire body stills.

 

Jimin knew and Seokjin knew that it was true, even when Seokjin stands up without saying anything more than, "it's getting late," and went back into the car. Although it ended suddenly, Jimin considered it a working progress.

 

Back to now, Jimin makes sure to clear an area in the living room while another maid cleans the other parts of it. He sweeps the floor clean, washed it until it sparkles, and wipes it dry.

 

It's still hectic for the omega but he can tell that things are really turning around for him in life. One thing that helps remind him of that is...

 

Christmas.

 

He can finally catch his breath for a bit to plan how he should enjoy the jovial holiday. It's coming up quicker than he would have thought but that only made him more excited.

 

Jimin is still considered new, but the other workers are kind and patient with him, so he wanted to thank them with a gift. He doesn't have a ton of money to spend on presents, but he's determined to find something. The smallest thing can mean a whole lot if it's meaningful and sincere.

 

"Are you finished cleaning here, Jimin?" Hoseok asks as he passes through with his cleaning supplies.

 

Jimin smiles brightly and opens his arms to the cleaned room. "All done!"

 

Soon after, other workers began to haul in the Christmas tree. It was something Jimin has never owned. A tiny tree he did have, but this one is ginormous in comparison. It looks soft with some fake snow sprinkled and frosted on it and almost reaches the high ceiling.

 

He wanted to stand by and watch, but he had to work again if they all want the decorations to be finished on time. Although Seokjin would be spending Christmas with his family in their home, it doesn't mean that he doesn't want his own mansion to be in Christmas spirit.

 

Jimin did feel a bit sad though when his coworkers chattered about returning home to visit their families and friends because for him, he doesn't really have anyone. He never really had many close friends and had basically cut off ties with his family as well. From the looks of it, he'll be staying here.

 

Today is a weekend, so Seokjin is home. Instead of resting, he is ordering his maids and butlers, just everyone he can use in general, to set the Christmas decorations in place. Everyone obeyed his planning, agreed with his sense of styling.

 

They worked with some breaks in between until the day was starting to come to an end. There is still more to do, but all Seokjin wants to do now is eat. As he waits for the chefs, Jimin decides to approach him as he sat down.

 

"You seem excited for the upcoming holiday," he said with a friendly smile.

 

He caught a glimpse of Seokjin's smile too. "Aren't we all?"

 

"Would you be leaving on Christmas Eve?"

 

"I'll be leaving the day before that," Seokjin answers and then stretches his arms. "Oooh, all that working made my muscles sore. Come massage me, would you?"

 

Jimin complies, standing behind Seokjin. He starts to massage the latter's shoulders. Immediately, Seokjin relaxes, leaning his head forward slightly. Jimin couldn't stop himself from marveling at Seokjin's handsomeness again.

 

He focused on the shoulders where his hands knead. Both omegas sigh, Seokjin in relaxation, Jimin in envy once again. He wished he could have wide shoulders too, but when he tried to picture it, the image never seemed right.

 

When Jimin raises his eyes from Seokjin's shoulders to his brown hair, he paused for a second as familiarity struck him. Seokjin turned slightly, wondering if something was wrong but Jimin continues before he could ask. This time, he works on the back of Seokjin's neck, to which he groaned lightly, almost like he's sleepy.

 

Luckily, supper is almost ready to serve and that wakes Seokjin up. He strides over to the dining room since it would be quite inappropriate for him to run like a child instead in front of everybody. 

 

Jimin stayed behind for a few minutes, staring at his hands.

 

~~

 

Because Seokjin would be spending the holiday at his parents' mansion, the staffs celebrated together the day before Christmas Eve, before their boss leaves.

 

Although it is technically only Seokjin left to live in the mansion, under the tree was filled with beautifully wrapped gifts, all of bright colors. Seokjin bought everyone something. Jimin tried to do the same, but felt extremely disappointed when he had recounted his earnings. He'll have to wait until next year...

 

Jimin got a few presents, mostly of new clothes (which he needed) and snacks (which is also needed). Hoseok was the only other person who gave him something else; a cute pouch with a warm hug included.

 

They had a feast. There was so much food, Seokjin made everyone pack some to bring home to those who are leaving for the holiday. It was the most fun Jimin has ever had and he didn't need to worry about anything. Seokjin didn't invite anyone; it was just him and all of those who works in the mansion. Jimin loved how they were able to relax around the broad-shoulder man, not cleaning all the time and making a fuss to satisfy his needs.

 

The day went by too quick. At five o'clock in the evening, people started to go home. Jimin slips on his uniform, which took a bit more time. When he pulls the car to the front, Seokjin is already waiting with his arms crossed. Jimin scolds himself for being late.

 

Like usual, he got out and opened the door for him. Seokjin tilts his head at Jimin but he doesn't seem to be mad. "Why are you wearing your uniform? I told you that you didn't need to for today."

 

Jimin adjusts his hat. "Yes, you did. I wanted to look professional for your family."

 

"Hmm. Good decision, then," Seokjin says before he sits down, face disappearing behind the tinted window.

 

The ride is quiet. Jimin checks on Seokjin, who had his eyes closed, legs crossed, and hands folded on his knees. It remained quiet because he didn't want to disturb him.

 

About half an hour later, Seokjin tells Jimin to stop.

 

"But Seokjin, we are almost there."

 

"I'm aware. Just do as I say."

 

Jimin parks the car. They were less than five minutes away, so it confused him. "Seokjin, did you need something?"

 

Seokjin fumbles in the bag next to him. "No. It's not even six o'clock yet."

 

"Is that a problem? Are we too early?"

 

Seokjin takes out something small and is still digging in the bag. "No. I'm late."

 

Jimin whips forward in alert. "I shouldn't have stopped then!"

 

"Jimin!"

 

Seokjin yelled his name to get his attention before he starts to drive. "I don't want to go yet. Honestly, if I had the option, I'd rather stay home."

 

Jimin quiets down, looking out the window as Seokjin is doing whatever he's doing. He mutters to himself, "All they're going to do is gossip."

 

Seokjin leans over and hands Jimin a small white box, tied with a glittery red ribbon. "Specifically for you. Don't open it until Christmas morning."

 

Jimin takes the gift gently. "T-Thank you." He felt all of a sudden embarrassed because he didn't have anything to give to Seokjin.

 

"Wait, I have one more to give you," he pulls out another box, much bigger. "Don't tell the others that I gave you two gifts instead of one. This one you can open right now."

 

Jimin sets the white box to the side, letting his hand slide over the lid of the second present. He opens it and-

 

"Mochi?"

 

"I couldn't resist," Seokjin says, feeling proud of himself. "I felt the need to buy them when I saw them. They reminded me of you."

 

Jimin blushes, "Thanks."

 

Seokjin leans back, letting out a heavy sigh. "This Christmas is strange. It's nice, but it's not the usual way I've always celebrated it."

 

Jimin places his second gift aside too. "That's true. It's quite refreshing though, to celebrate with other people other than the same person you've been celebrating with for years."

 

"Yeah..."

 

They sit quietly again as the cold temperature settles in. The omegas replay their memories again. They're getting used to it little by little. Now, instead of raging pain, these short memories bring in a sense of longing. Hopefully, they'll turn into nothing more than an old film stored in their heads with a chance of being forgotten.

 

Jimin checks the time when he could finally see his breath in the air. "Seokjin, it's 6:15. We should get going now."

 

Because they weren't far at all, they got there in three minutes. Jimin unbuckles his seatbelt but Seokjin interrupts him.

 

"Jimin? Can I ask you something?"

 

Jimin turns to face him. "Of course."

 

"Since we're getting acquainted, I was wondering if... you'd like to go out with me for lunch or something when there's free time," Seokjin said, his eyes fluttering all over the place but Jimin's face. He found Jimin quite easy to talk to. Maybe they could do it again.

 

"Sure. If you're fine with it, I'd like to do that," Jimin said happily. Perhaps this is another step to becoming closer to Seokjin. Who knows, they could become really close friends in the future.

 

Jimin pulls his seatbelt away then gets out first. He scans the mansion as he walked over to Seokjin's door. It's lit up brightly, and from the looks and sound of it, there's plenty of people already in there. Christmas Eve is tomorrow. He couldn't imagine how many more people are going to arrive then.

 

The door opens and Seokjin steps out. He stares at Jimin for a few seconds, his eyes shining from the lights reflecting in them. No words were exchanged but Seokjin's cute smile that Jimin has never seen before was more than enough.

 

He doesn't know what it meant but, it was adorable and more than enough.

 

~~

 

Only Jimin and a handful of workers are left in the mansion, which seemed empty more than ever. Exhausted and needing their days off, they all refrained from working and mostly stayed in their rooms to nap and have their alone time.

 

Jimin ate all of the mochi Seokjin gave him, went on his phone the whole day, and slept. He missed this feeling called 'laziness.'

 

It was the night before Christmas, and Jimin stares at the white box. He tightens the ribbon and wonders if he should just open it now. It's not like Seokjin is going to know. He's not coming home until another two days or so.

 

Jimin leaves it be. It'll be more exciting to open it on Christmas morning anyway.

 

Feeling the urge to use the bathroom, Jimin gets up and leaves his room. The mansion is dim, with only a few lights here and there lighting the halls. Jimin got to the door of the nearest bathroom when he hears a loud thud, like something fell.

 

He froze. Everyone else is possibly asleep and the sound didn't come from their rooms. Jimin just got over it, concluding that it must be something random from the house. He almost wet his pants right then and there when there's the thud again, louder this time. Jimin wanted to go back to the safety of his room, but he wanted to see if there was anything or anyone inside. 

 

What if there are burglars? It is Christmas Eve after all, and this is a mansion owned by a rich man. Jimin forced himself to check, grabbing an expensive flower vase in case it had to be used. He's sure he won't need to buy another one if it's to defend the mansion.

 

As he got closer to the front of the mansion, he hears more noise. It sounded more like a person (not Santa), but Jimin lowers the vase when he hears panting and a scent. A whimper makes it all too obvious and his thoughts are concluded when he sees that it's Seokjin on the stairs.

 

Scared that he'll hurt himself, Jimin rushes to Seokjin's side. The man is sweating, and Jimin doesn't hesitate to lift him up with all his strength. He takes him to his room. Seokjin clung onto him tightly the entire way there.

 

Jimin places Seokjin on the bed and contemplates what to do. Seokjin's personal maids are gone, and Jimin doesn't know if the omega has anything to aid him.

 

"Help me..." Seokjin cries, squeezing his eyes shut. "Please..."

 

Jimin is surprised that there wasn't any warnings to let them know that Seokjin's heat was coming.

 

He did what he could, undress Seokjin until he only has his underwear left to cool him. He opens all of the drawers, praying that he could leave Seokjin alone with at least toys. Or suppressants (like that'll help much now at the moment). He himself has a some sort of kit because it was recommended for omegas. Jimin doesn't know how long Seokjin's been like this.

 

Looking back at Seokjin, he pities him even more when he sees the faded but still present bite mark on his neck.

 

Jimin tries to talk to him, but chances are, Seokjin is not going to listen to him. "Seokjin, where are your stuff? Your kit? Do you have one?"

 

Like expected, Seokjin doesn't even hear him. The omega in heat would scratch at the mark on his neck, out his mate's name, calling for him desperately.

 

Jimin covers the lower half of Seokjin's body, but he kicks it off right after. He reaches over and smoothed his hand over Seokjin's forehead. 

 

Suddenly his wrist is grabbed and Jimin is startled. He sees that Seokjin is looking right at him, eyes dark and filled with lust, lips slightly open to let out heavy breaths.

 

"Seokji-"

 

Jimin feels himself tense up as Seokjin pulls him down until they were only an inch away from each other. Seokjin stares at Jimin's mouth for the longest time, then closes the gap. He doesn't move as Seokjin his lips hungrily.

 

When he was able to pull himself away, Seokjin flips onto his stomach as his arm tried to reach for him. He doesn't cry out words anymore, just whining and crying. Jimin doesn't make any movement to come closer, which makes Seokjin felt rejected, dropping his head onto the mattress.

 

A tingle.

 

There it is again. Jimin realized something about Seokjin. He felt this feeling when he was massaging him a couple days before. The familiarity.

 

Seokjin's hair color is almost the same shade as Jungkook's. Thanks to the angle and lighting, Seokjin's side profile could pass as Jungkook's. His shoulders are broad, and Jungkook's are almost just as broad.

 

Jimin's feet moved on their own, towards Seokjin, who lifts his head up weakly. With those pleading eyes, Jimin felt at the moment that he should help.

 

Seokjin holds Jimin tightly once he's close enough, pulling him on top of him. He buries his nose in Jimin's neck when he got the chance to. Jimin tries to think clearly.

 

Even though they were both omegas, Jimin isn't sure what to do to help. He's never been around another omega in heat.

 

He calms himself down as much as he can. He brushes Seokjin's hair with his fingers as he whispers quietly to himself.

 

"Just do what Jungkook does."

 

He hates that Seokjin's bonding mark will last for a long time, because the absence of the other mate makes it extremely painful. So he figured, with Seokjin needing release, Jimin will do the best he can. In the current moment, he couldn't see the future.

 

In the current moment, Seokjin's kissing him again and he's kissing back, not wanting to admit yet that he liked the softness and intimacy of it.