Off to a Great Start

I Hate You

It was a bad day for Yerin to say the least. First on her list was that she lost to some petty bet with her friend, Heechul. Yerin sighed upon remembering it. Why do she always have to lose someone like him in the first place? 

 

The happy guy was glad returning to the city since finishing the renovations he made for his and Hani's villa. He first called Yerin to meet him at Taco Bells and boasted that he'll treat the brunette. Of course, the bait actually worked. Yerin, though having some deadlines to meet, rushed to go out of her freaking office and drove through traffic just to have a taste of the "free foods" Heechul will treat her. 

 

And while they we're at it, Heechul opened to Yerin his and Hani's plan in their marriage. Yerin knew the couple was already in the midst of their preparations but she never thought that Hani would want her to be a bridesmaid. She wanted to back out at the offer but the gleam in the eyes of her friend made her gulp the thought away. 

 

She would just walk down the aisle and carry some flowers. It was not like she would be the one marrying for Christ's sake!

 

Adding to the new information she received, she was surprised when Heechul told her that she should be a week advance getting to the villa and help Hani with the preparations. Yerin could not help but raise an eyebrow. 

 

No one, and she meant no one, asks for her to ditch her job for a week! She could never imagine how mountainous her work could be if she were to ever file for a week leave! 

 

"Oh no, no, no," Yerin immediately answered, her hands making a big "x" sign. "I agreed on being the bridesmaid part, but I didn't signed up for this!" 

 

Heechul just drank his share of his soda and smiled gloomily. "But Hani wants all her bridesmaids to be with her. Even I was ordered to be with her on that week. Just... just do this for her. It's her day anyway." 

 

"You make it look like you're forced to marrying her," Yerin said as she rolled her eyes at her friend. Heechul was just dead over heels when it comes to Hani. "Okay... but!" 

 

She remembered Heechul's face lighten but then turned dark when she told her of the 'but.' Oh how fast are people's expression from changing! It amused Yerin, after all, it was part of her job. 

 

"But what?" Heechul asked.

 

"The fare's should be free and you'll be the one requesting for my leave. Do we have a deal?" 

 

----

 

"Oh hell no," Sinb said irritatingly as she blared her car horn to no avail. She was stuck, definitely stuck at the traffic. Why do Fridays always ? She rested her back on the seat and tapped her fingers praying that the freaking traffic could cease any moment. "Why did she even have my flight on a Friday!" 

 

"Shut it Hwang," Sowon scolded the younger girl. She was busy looking for the title of the music she just heard when they passed by a store. "As if any day would be better." 

 

Sinb puffed. "No, all days are worse but Friday's worser." 

 

"Now that's downright depressing Sinb," Umji muttered at the back seat. She was reading a book by Coelho to ease the growing boredom and happened to overhear Sinb's rants. "You need to think of happy thoughts."

 

Sinb peeked at the rear view mirror to look at her friend who didn't bother to look at her direction. "Like?" 

 

"Like you're doing this for your cousin and you would finally get to have a well deserved break from photoshoots. You might see yourself enjoying the countryside too. Just the good things, Sis." Umji answered, and all while sticking her nose in her book. 

 

Sinb was starting to think of what Umji just told her when Sowon broke her peace. 

 

"Maybe you could really enjoy being there but you're stuck in traffic and God knows if you'll be able to make it to your flight." 

 

Sinb sighed. Now her brain's back at it again wanting to rant at the traffic. So much for happy thoughts. 

 

----

 

Yerin grabbed her handbag after it was inspected and proceeded to go at the flight gate. She was still remembering all the things that led up to her trip. Oh right! 

 

She remembered the second thing that adds up to her list on why it was a bad day. She woke up early due to Heechul's setting her phone alarm to 10. She swore, she heard a static silence in her right ear when she managed to grab her phone underneath the pillows!

 

Heechul borrowed her phone before they separate ways. He told her that she wouldn't miss the day of her flight. That got her thinking but didn't bother to check what had Heechul put into it. 

 

And she only realized what that was when her alarm goes haywire as if there was a fire in her apartment. Damn that Heechul guy! 

 

Even Eunha, her roommate rushed to get up and banged her bedroom door. "Can you be quiet?!" 

 

Truth be told though, Yerin couldn't help but laugh at her roommate's voice. Though it was evident that Eunha was mad for having to wake to some megaphone alarm, her voice was too soft for anyone to assume that she was mad. 

 

"I'm sorry!" Yerin managed to say and went on to explain that her friend did it and she was about to leave the apartment for a week anyways starting that morning. 

 

"I don't care! Just leave the apartment already and that bewitching alarm!" 

 

Yerin laughed as she heard the cutesy voice getting mad. 

 

----

 

Now seated in the waiting chairs, Yerin couldn't make up her mind on what she could do to kill time. So much for being early, she thought. Why did Heechul and Hani decided to have their wedding in a remote countryside? 

 

Yerin doesn't know and maybe she probably won't know until she arrived there. She slouched at the chair, thank goodness she wore pants that time, and grabbed a copy of a magazine she found on stands near the flight gate. 

 

She was getting drowsy and the temperature in the lone area was not helping her keep awake either. She could feel her eyes getting heavier by the minute she that needed someone to atleast talk to her so she could keep herself awake. Oh right! She remembered Heechul told her that she'll have company! Where's the other person Heechul told her she will be with? 

 

Yerin composed herself and searched around the lonesome area. That's weird. That person should be here by now. What's taking that person long? She looked at her watch and saw thirty before boarding. Should that person hurry up? 

 

----

 

Sinb sped up when they managed to get out of the traffic. Once at the airport, Sowon held Sinb's key and Umji bid her friend goodbye. 

 

"Don't forget the goodies!" Umji told her while Sowon just smirked at the 100 bucks she gave her for gasoline. 

 

Now all Sinb have to do was to make to the gates. She took a breath in and immediately set foot inside the airport. 

 

----

 

An attendant tapped Yerin's shoulder that made the brunette awake. Oh dear Lord, did she fell asleep?! She didn't heard the security blabbing but it was enough information when she heard the words, "...plane already left..."

 

She wanted to curse but remembered that she wore shades and her position indicated that she might be just reading her upside down magazine. Great. No one to blame here. 

 

"When's the flight going there again?" Yerin asked while taking off her shades. 

 

"That's a chartered flight Ma'am," the attendant told her ready to leave the gates. 

 

Blistering bullets! Yerin immediately looked at her ticket and remembered that Heechul's place was so remote he actually needed to contact the airlines to make chartered flights to his area. Yerin wanted to slap herself. What a bad day... 

 

----

 

Sinb came running towards the flight gate only to find it deserted. "Where's everyone?" She asked until she saw the clock at one of the posts of the airport. "." 

 

"Yeah right," 

 

Sinb turned her back to see the least person she wanted to meet. What is she even doing here? Then it hit her. She remembered her cousin telling her that she has company going to the villa. Does that mean she will be going with Yerin? 

 

Oh hell no. 

 

"," Sinb muttered but Yerin caught it. 

 

"Are you telling that to yourself?" Yerin fired. She was so done with her half-assed, no wait, make it a whole assed day. And being with Sinb just made her day worst of all. 

 

Sinb caught her breath and flipped her hair. So this was what her cousin and her bastard fiańce was giddy talking about. Sinb thought that she couldn't help it but to be with the least person she wanted to be with. 

 

She looked once again at the closed gates and asked in a controlled voice. "Where's the flight?" 

 

"Just left," Yerin answered her blandly while fixing her stroller and was ready to leave. 

 

Sinb quirked an eyebrow. What? Did she heard it right? "You let it flew without us?! Did you try making another flight for us?" 

 

It ticked Yerin. She thought the other woman was ordering her and she doesn't liked to be ordered around. Well with the exception of her work maybe. But hell no with with the woman behind her! She turned her back to face Sinb. "Maybe if you just came in here early then we wouldn't miss that flight." 

 

"Why didn't you just leave with the ing plane," Sinb snickered. She was caught in the traffic, she shouldn't be blamed for it. "I would be glad travelling alone." 

 

"See," Yerin started. "This is why no one likes you." 

 

"What did you say?!" Sinb challenged. Security guards were slowly going towards their but Sinb doesn't care. "Everyone likes me but you!" 

 

Yerin could feel her nerves popping out. The hell is wrong with her? She has the guts to go late and now she shouts at her like she is the one to blame for their predicament. If only not for Hani's request would she travel alone,but no. She heeded Hani's request. If only she knew that it would be Sinb, she would really leave the ranting woman to her own device. 

 

"Excuse me Ma'ams," the Security guard started but it seemed Yerin has cooled down and would not compete with Sinb's breakdown. 

 

She signaled the guard to get out of their way and that Yerin controls the situation. The security guard nodded but warily leaves the place. Now to settle things, Yerin thought. 

 

"Listen, just to inform you, I woke up early, slept and missed the freaking flight, asked if I could book another one but remembered this is chartered, ready to leave and rent a car outside. But your cousin insisted that you should go with me because, in her exact words, you are helpless going around their area and got no sense of direction." Yerin finished. "Now, as much as I hate travelling with you, I don't have a choice." 

 

Sinb didn't know Hani still looked at her that way. She maybe irresponsible behind the wheel and often gets herself lost but that was like two years ago! Oh darn it! 

 

"Now what should we do?" Sinb asked, defeated. 

 

"Heechul said he call some rent service around here," Yerin answered. "We'll wait for one to arrive. I'll be the driver." 

 

Wait. What? 

 

"No, I'll be the driver!" Sinb retorted. "You're reckless!" 

 

It was still clear in Sinb's head when they had let Yerin drive Hani and her to the cinema and they nearly killed a pedestrian. They ended up in the police station for two hours and missed the movie. Freaking great. 

 

There's no way Sinb would let Yerin behind the wheels again. She wanted to go to their destination quick and to avoid any interactions with her. "I'll drive." 

 

Yerin, sensing she would be opening another argument just rolled her eyes. "Fine. But I get to choose the stops." 

 

Sinb sighed. 

 

It would be a long drive for sure. 

 

-oo0oo-

(2) When Someone's Hungry