Rendezvous

Love for sale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie!" Krystal happily shouted on her phone as she saw Victoria's name on her screen.

"Hey, Soojungie," Victoria said on the other end "What are you doing? Enjoying your college life? Are you sipping coffee at a chic cafe like you dream of?"

Krystal giggled "Well, yes and no. Yes, I am at a chic Cafe and yes, I am sipping coffee, but no, I am not enjoying my college life so much right now because of the assignments."

Victoria laughed "I told you."

"I miss you, Unnie," Krystal said

"I miss you too, Soojung. I'm sorry that I don't contact you much lately but workloads have been crazy."

"It's okay, Unnie. I read it from Shinye Unnie that you took over the fashion and the music branch from your Pa."

"Yeah, I'm trying to put in some new ideas and try to get from fresh blood in our music company. I'm running after some indie bands and some are hard to negotiate with."

Krystal grabbed a magazine from the other sofa and started flipping the pages while she kept on talking to Victoria "Unnie, if I miraculously survive this college and it doesn't work at Appa's company, I can just work with you, right?"

Victoria laughed "That is impossible but yes, you are very welcome to work with me."

"Well, then I guess I don't have to worry about my future anymore." Krystal smiled while kept on flipping the page. She stopped as she saw a familiar face in the middle of the magazine. 'Young, rich, queer and proud of it' was printed in bold in capital letters, under the title was a picture from Amber in a black blazer and white shirt. Krystal flipped the magazine around. Wow, 8 whole pages only for her. 

 

"Krys, are you there?" Victoria called from the other side of the phone

"Yeah, Unnie. Sorry, I found Amber's interview in Cosmopolitan, I got distracted" Krystal answered

"Oh, I read that. She's amazing, you should read it if you haven't" 

Krystal closed the magazine "Actually, I think I read and heard enough about her lately. I don't remember I saw any edition from this month without any news mentioning her. And she's been all over the news, too."

"Well, it was already big as she came out a few years ago as part of the LGBT family and even gain a seat at the  Ministry of Gender Equality and Family. You have to admit, she did take a big part in fighting LGBT rights. I mean who would have thought that Korea will finally be able to legalize same- marriage, right?" Victoria said.

"Yeah, I mean me myself, it never really bothers me. But you know how conservative Korea was... or still is" Krystal said

"That's why I admire Amber, I don't know how she does it. Being the CEO of a company as big as hers is already taking so much time, she still works for the Ministry and not to mention her research."

"Research?"

"Yeah, she's researching for a breakthrough in genetics, something about taking out the chromosomes and putting it somewhere else. I have no idea but I do know that it is all top secret and big hush. Told you, you should date her when you have a chance."

"Yah, Unnie. Would you stop that? I told you so many times that I have no interest. And it's not because she's a girl, I just don't find her attractive." Krystal pouted.

"Fine, fine. Even that I don't see you, I know that you are pouting" Victoria giggled "Unnie is sorry, okay?"

"Okay..." Krystal pretended to still be hurt

"Ow, come on. I am sorry. Let me buy you an expensive Korean BBQ next time I come to visit, okay?" Victoria knew that it always works to cheer Krystal up.

"Yaaayy, you are the prettiest Unnie in the whole world" Krystal answered happily.

 

She turned her head as she heard the door opened and couldn't believe her eyes.

"U--Unnie, you wouldn't believe who just came through the door," she said

"Who?" Victoria asked

"AMBER!" Krystal shouted, making the short hair girl turned her head toward her. She waved to her, she could see that Amber looked surprised at first but then a big shy grin formed on her face. Amber signaled that she is going to get something first and then she'll go to her, Krystal nodded and got back to the phone.

"Wow, what a coincidence," Krystal said on the phone "When you talk about the devil..."

"Ever consider that it might be faith instead of coincidence" Victoria giggled on the other side "Why don't you kids talk, maybe you will see that my idea isn't that bad about you giving her a chance. Amber is a good person, you know."

"Unnie..." Krystal whined

"Ok, ok, I won't say anything again. You guys have fun, say hello to Amber from me and Soojung, try to date her at least once." Victoria laughed and hung up.

"YAH, UNNIE!" Krystal protested and pouted at her phone.

 

At that moment Amber came to her and raised her eyebrows.

"Umm, I can just go again if this is a bad time..." she said 

"No, please don't. It was Victoria Unnie, she was teasing me as always" Krystal placed her cellphone on the table.

"Should I get you anything else?" Amber asked politely "I'm sorry that I didn't ask earlier, it just came to me as I finished ordering my bubble tea." she grinned and showed her XXL bubble tea.

"I'm good" Krystal smiled "Why don't you sit down?"

Amber nodded and said "Thanks" 

 

It was so long that they both didn't see each other, there was a long awkward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter