Chapter 4 - Parallel

Second Chance (MiChaeng) Fanfic

ISAC days has come. Mina arrived from Japan a week before the contest to practice ballet in Korea. While Chaeyoung did not stop preparing for her game, archery. Both of them were excited for the competition without knowing that they could see each other.

 

"Hey Chae, lets go. You might be late for the opening ceremony" Jihyo said as she get her car keys and went to the car. Chaeyoung followed her excitedly and with full energy. The two headed to the venue of ISAC 2019. As they reach the venue, Chaeyoung felt quite nerveous but also excited. "This is Chae, show them what you got! Mom is here to support you!! Fighting!!" These words of encourage from Jihyo helped Chaeyoung to keep calm. As they went in, Chaeyoung headed immediately to the participants area while Jihyo find a seat wherein she could see her daughter in full view.

 

On the other hand, Mina arrived early at the for she could practice more. She really wanted to perfect her performance and her mom proud. 

 

The ceremony has started and it was stated that archery would be the first competition, to be followed by ballet. All the participants of both events should prepare and be at the playing area.

 

Archery game has started and Chaeyoung got a perfect 10, 10, 10 score!! Moma Jihyo is so proud of her daughter that she even been screaming and cheering for Chaeyoung since the start of her game. No other players scored a triple 10 in the event so Chaeyoung was declared as Champion of Archery. Chaeyoung rushed to Jihyo with tears in her eyes but it was tears of joy. Jihyo is as proud as ever!! Chaeyoung stayed with Jihyo as they were going to watch the next event.

"All ballet participants, please be ready as we are going to start the contest in a few minutes" the MC announced. 

It has been 3 years but everytime Chaeyoung would her the word "ballet", she always remembers Mina. 

 

The contest is starting and Mina was first to perform. Damn she's slaying with her clean, effortlessly and dymamic movements. Everyone could not take off their eyes at Mina.  

Chaeyoung from afar was busy chatting with her friends until Jihyo said that she has to go outside to take a very important call. As she glazed at the performing area, she noticed something or someone familiar. She could not tell who it is but she knows that its someonw she knows.

It was Mina. Mina was going back to the participants area as she finished her performance without any fault.

Aftee a while, Mina was declared Queen Ballerina.

"Awarding ceremony for archery and ballet would be in a few minutes. Requesting all the winners to be in the event area right now. Thank you!"

The MC announced. Mina was supposes to head to Sana but the announcement came up. But she saw her mom headed outside of the venue, seems like her mother was on call too. But before she was awarded, she saw her mother going back in. Guess the call was dropped. Jihyo also went back in before the awarding ceremony started.

Chaeyoung headed back to the event area, still thinking who she saw earlier. 

"Our Champion of Archery is, Son Chaeyoung!! The MC called and awarded Chaeyoung a gold medal and a trophy.

But as Chaeyoung's name was called, Mina immediately looked at the direction of Chaeyoung. She saw Chae but Chae cant see her because of the camera flashes.  She knew it is Chaeyoung, her love. After 3 years she still loves her.  

Chaeyoung went to Jihyo and took a photo. Jihyo went out of the venue immediately to take an important call. She just askes Chae to follow her. Chaeyoung was about to leave the venue until ----

"Our Queen Ballerina is, Myoui Mina! Congratulations!!!

She looked back at the event area to see Mina. She knows its her Mina. Her the one that got away. After awarding, Mina headed to Sana and went outside the venue on the other exit. Chae went back to see if Mina was still there but she did not see her. Mina also looked back hoping that Chae was still there but she did not see her either.

Chae went to their car so that they go out in a celebration. 

Mina and Sana will also go out for a celebration

 

As both of them are leaving the venue in different cars, they did not notice that their caes were just beside each other. Mina and Sana went to a Japanese restaurant, making them to turn left while Chaeyoung and Mina went to a Korean restaurant, making them to turn right.

 

 

 

 

 

So near yet so far. Both worlds would crossed each other but its not their fate. It turned out to be parallel.