Chapter Four.

we could see the sun shine.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Four.

 

 

“I’d hate to keep you here too late,” Chaewon spoke, “Yena and I can wrap up. You should go home before it gets dark.”

 

Minjoo shook her head, “It’s fine unnie. I’ll stay and help.”

 

Yena sighed, “Why can’t Hyewon be cute like Minjoo? She just upped and left the moment the bell rang, like where is her team spirit.”

 

Chaewon smiled at the comment, “She’s a busy woman. Plus, it’s hard being as cute as Minjoo.”

 

Yena gasped, “Is this favouritism I sense?”

 

“Unnie, don’t say stuff like that so seriously!” Minjoo scolded the vice president, “People are going to take it the wrong way.”  

 

“Talk to me when the wedding is settled,” Yena clicked her tongue in disgust, “Thanks.”

 

“Stop it,” Chaewon laughed, “You’re making it awkward for Minjoo now.”

 

Minjoo buried herself into work and hid her flushed face behind her laptop screen. She was hoping that Yena would listen to Chaewon and drop it, but seeing the glint in the president’s eyes she had her doubts on ever being able to complete her work in peace. She was going to accept her reality and deal with all the teasing, but it did comfort her seeing Chaewon trying to guide Yena away from the topic ever so gently for her sake.

 

“I’m going to send Minjoo home if you continue.”

 

Chaewon was calm and collected as always, but Yena knew better than to mess with her when she presents a statement like that. The oldest of the three raised her hands in defeat, “Okay. I’ll stop now.”

 

Minjoo exhaled a breath of relief and glanced over at Chaewon to see the older girl already looking back at her with a soft smile. She flashed a smile back and ducked back behind the laptop.

 

The rest of the afternoon passed quietly, minus a few dumb jokes from Yena here and there – also some convincing from Chaewon for Yena to stop procrastinating and finish her reports. Minjoo was taking care of her share of the work fine, organising notes from meetings and updating the calendar. Soon, before either of them even noticed it was dark.

 

Yena stretched out in her chair with a yawn, “I’m going to go to the toilet. Feel free to go home first if you guys want.”

 

Minjoo pouted, “We’ll wait for you unnie. It’s dark out, it’s better if you’re not alone.”

 

“Aw,” Yena petted Minjoo’s head affectionately, “You really are the cutest.”

 

“Don’t trip on your own two feet out there,” Chaewon said as the oldest was leaving the room.

 

Yena laughed at the comment, “I’ll try my best!”

 

It would be a lie if Yena said that she wasn’t a scaredy-cat, because she was. She feared the dark, hated the idea of ghosts and could not watch a horror movie for the life of her. But, she was feeling okay tonight. The dark corridors of the school weren’t so daunting, and she made her way through effortlessly. It was all fun and games, until Yena heard the shuffling of footsteps in the distance. She knew she should’ve brought Chaewon along with her – rookie mistake.

 

Yena proceeded with caution and had all her senses hit the highest level of alertness. She didn’t come all the way out here to die because a ghost couldn’t find closure. She took a deep breath in and tried to steady her heart rate. If she looked on the bright side of all this, at least she’d have a story to tell if she got out of this alive. She looked ahead at the corner she was going to have to turn for the bathroom and swallowed down all her fears. The faster she did it the less time she’d be out here being haunted. So, she ran.

 

“Ah!” a scream echoed throughout the corridor.

 

Yena fell to the ground, holding onto her head. Did a ghost she hit her? Was that even legal?

 

“Oh, my god,” a muffled voice spoke, “Yena unnie?”

 

Yena looked up upon hearing a familiar voice and saw a girl in their middle school uniform towering over her. “Wonyoung?” she stood up slowly, “Did you just hit me with a textbook?”

 

Wonyoung panicked, “I didn’t mean to. I just thought you were a ghost or something, or like a murderer. I don’t know, I was just scared and it was so dark…” she was rambling.

 

“Who would’ve thought I’d ever get to see this si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter