Chapter Two.

we could see the sun shine.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two.

 

 

 

What a great way to start the morning – looking for Yena. Wonyoung sighed for the nth time, trying to navigate herself around the high school campus. It shouldn’t be this hard to find a simple room, and why wasn’t Yena replying to her messages. Wonyoung decided to take a break and recollect her nerves before proceeding any further with this never-ending mission.

 

“Are you lost?”

 

Wonyoung turned around at the soft voice, and was met with a pretty face. “Uh…” she gathered herself and nodded slowly, “Yeah. I was just looking for the student council.”

 

“Ah.”

 

The girl walked ahead and Wonyoung took that as a sign for her to follow. She mustn’t be a person of many words, Wonyoung thought as the walk was plagued with silence. No self-introductions or small talk. With the background of her family, Wonyoung had grown accustomed to small talk with people she didn’t care about and would probably never see again. But with the amount of nonsense that people were willing to spew to a stranger, Wonyoung probably knew more about them than their wives. So, this silence was a new experience.

 

“I brought a lost bunny with me.”

 

Wonyoung peaked over the helpful stranger’s shoulder and saw Yena sitting casually at a messy desk. Her eyes flicked around and found Chaewon towards the left side of the room with Minjoo working closely beside her.

 

“Have you submitted our account statement?” Chaewon’s cold voice cut through almost simultaneously to the turning of the doorknob. She didn’t even bother looking up from her documents.

 

“How was your trip, princess?” Yena’s warmer voice followed shortly after.

 

“My trip was lovely, thank you. I’m glad someone here has manners.”

 

Chaewon decided eye contact would be helpful for this one, and smiled. “Hyewon,” she addressed, “Your deadline is in three minutes.”

 

Hyewon, Wonyoung repeated the name in her head. She must be their treasurer then.

 

Hyewon rolled her eyes, “Anyway. This bunny was looking for you Yena.”

 

Yena looked behind her friend’s shoulder and smiled, “Wonyoung!”

 

Wonyoung walked over and cleared , as she tried to convince herself that the bright greeting didn’t throw her off. “These are our documents for the Sports’ Carnival. Please look over it and send back any changes you would like,” she waved the files before Yena.

 

Yena took the files into her own hand and hummed. She looked over to Chaewon with a toothy grin. Chaewon let out the softest sigh and reached out to get the files, but someone else beat her to it.

 

“I’ll look over those, unnie.”

 

Wonyoung glanced over to see Minjoo smiling at both Yena and Chaewon. Seeing that they were sorting themselves out, she took it as a sign to get going. The files should be fine in the hands of Minjoo. Though, seeing Minjoo offering herself up like that for Chaewon left a bad taste in , but who was she to judge. She didn’t know Chaewon the way Minjoo did.

 

“It’s fine,” Chaewon took the files from Minjoo and started to flip through without providing a second of vulnerability for the younger girl to snatch it back, “I’ll do it.”

 

Now, that, took Wonyoung off-guard. Who would’ve thought that the one time Wonyoung were to see Chaewon’s walls crack, it would be when she was with Minjoo. If that were the case then of course Wonyoung had never understood Minjoo’s liking towards Chaewon – it was because Minjoo was being treated differently this whole time; she was being treated better.

 

“I’ll excuse myself now then,” Wonyoung bowed with a courteous smile before turning around to leave.

 

“Okay, see you next week at the meeting!” Yena’s husky voice bid from the other side of the room.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“A bonding trip doesn’t sound that bad.”

 

Wonyoung buried her face into her hands as she heaved a sigh. The date for the trip hasn’t even been decided yet and here she was already growing grey hairs over it. “I really don’t know if I can do it,” she confessed.

 

“You’re just being dramatic now.”

 

Dramatic? Wonyoung snapped her head up at her equally tall friend, narrowing her eyes. “Out of all people, I thought you’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter