Surprise

It Takes Two; Well, For Us, It's Three!

It was quiet in the twin's shared bedroom after the short video call. The call would have lasted longer if it weren't for the surprise revelation. It took the three of them by surprise that Sejoo too is Baekhyun's mate.

"Hyung, A-are you mad?" Sejoo hesitantly asked, breaking his brother's train of thoughts.

"No, Sejoo. I'm just... I don't know... caught off guard, surprised, and confused at the same time." Chanyeol rants.

Silence followed right after again. Despite being identical, the twins had different personalities. Chanyeol was outgoing, confident, and very outspoken while Sejoo is more quiet, reserved, and shy. Hence, Chanyeol could tell that he had to take control of the situation as an older brother and as Baekhyun's alpha. Since Baekhyun and Sejoo confirmed that they are also mates, Chanyeol should see to it that their strange arrangement would work. He knows that their case is very rare and that there is sparse records or even studies that would give them any help. However, he knows that it would not help if he does not involve his brother; they have just reunited after living most of their lives apart. His brother needs him especially now that their father is out of the picture and Sejoo is also definitely needed in his relationship with Baekhyun.

"Don't overthink Sejoo. You're not ruining anything between Baekhyun and I nor you and me." Chanyeol says.

"But..."

"No, Sejoo. I also believe that Baekhyun is OUR mate. Both of us. I know myself, Sejoo. Both my wolf and I are easy to get jealous and very possessive when it comes to Baekhyun. Our omega knows that, and strangely, I don't feel that even after knowing that I would have to share Baekhyun with you. What do you feel?"

Sejoo takes a while to ponder over it before he gives his response.
"No, I don't feel against you. To be honest, I feel h-happy that I have a mate a-and I am more than happy to have the same mate with you. But, I just feel like I am intruding or like I'm forcefully inserted into your relationship." Sejoo says guiltily.

Chanyeol sighs but maintains his soft tone in understanding about how his younger twin might be feeling.
"Sejoo, whether we found out that we share one mate together or at different times, it would still be the same. We were destined to have one mate, a soulmate even. It is awkward, and it will remain awkward at first but always know that I welcome you into our relationship and I am sure Baekhyun does too. We have an amazing and loving mate with a big heart that would have space for both of us."

Sejoo smiles. It felt as though a lot of weight had been lifted from his shoulders, considering that it was just a while ago that they found out about it. Chanyeol feels lighter too because it is one less worry that he would have to think about among many things because he had been worried about reuniting with his younger twin for a long time. He worries that it would be awkward or uncomfortable to either of them or their personalities won't match, but all those disproved because they got along well amidst their father's death.

Despite the lighter atmosphere, they both know that there are uncertainties in the future, and the first step is for Baekhyun and Sejoo to get to know each other. In the hours that followed, the two alphas exchanged their thoughts and Chanyeol also took the opportunity to share some details about their mate. It was later in the day that they were interrupted by their mother arriving home from their estate attorney's office with takeouts for dinner. It was then that she was informed of his son's bizarre situation.

Mrs. Park was just as confused as they were when they found out. Serious discussions then followed over dinner and hours later, a plan was agreed on.
---
Back in Korea, Baekhyun had also been dealing with his own fears about the recent revelation. He stayed with his parents for a while following the video seeking the counsel of his parents, which greatly helped and even more when the Park twins called him again along with Mrs. Park. Baekhyun was so overwhelmed by the show of support from everyone, especially from Chanyeol for he had feared for their relationship the most.

The days that followed were as they used to, normal, but with more frequent video calls when Baekhyun and the Park twins were not busy. Baekhyun had to work at a local cafe while the twins were still helping their mom settle their dad's estate. The Park family had not yet informed Baekhyun of their plan, but he'll find out soon enough.

It was a week later that Baekhyun found out. He was currently watching his favorite drama in the Park residence since it was a weekend, it was raining, and he was too lazy to go out. He was interrupted by the doorbell going off. He was not expecting anyone today, so he was extra cautious; he is an omega alone in the house, the perfect opportunity for sickos. For good measure, he took a peek through the peephole and was greeted with a familiar face causing him quickly open the door.

"S-Sejoo?"

"Hi, B-Baekhyun..."

---------------------------------------------

Just a short update, Enjoy! Thank you for the kudos, comments, and subscriptions!