Unexpected

It Takes Two; Well, For Us, It's Three!

It was strange to see the lights off at the Park residence. Well, the whole trip back to Seoul was actually, overall, strange. Baekhyun's phone never rang of miss calls or voice messages from anyone once his phone was able to get a good reception when he was on the bus out of Bucheon. Baekhyun went for a vacation to spent time with his grandmother in the countryside for a month. Now, he's back home. He currently lives with his fiancee/mate Park Chanyeol and his technical mother-in-law Mama Park.

No phone calls from either of them nor anyone actually was already stressing him out because it means he needed to buy a new phone but finding out that the Park household was empty is a whole new level of stress. The omega frantically searches for any signs of the other occupants or a break in, but he could not find anything but closets, drawers, and shoe racks emptied out which implied that the occupants must have left in a hurry to who knows where. Baekhyun was already fretting over the possibilities. One of which is that the Parks did not want him anymore; his destined mate did not want him anymore. However, before he could brood over these thoughts, he finds a handwritten note on his mate's side of their shared bed. It was written by none other than his Alpha.

It reads:

Hey Babe,

Whatever you're thinking, get rid of them because I would never leave you nor exchange you for anyone. Mom and I just had to go to Spain because my dad's health was deteriorating and it was not expected that he would live for very long. Mom and I have to be there when the time comes and take care of his funeral and his assets. We also have to take care of Se Joo. So, don't worry about us and take care of the house and yourself. I'll contact you as soon as I can. I love you... very, very much.

Your Chanyeol.

P.S. Get yourself a new phone, please.

Baekhyun had a hard time figuring out how he feels after. He is definitely going to miss his alpha and mama Park, but he is also worried about how both Park's reacted to the news, let alone being in Spain. This is because Mr. and Mrs. Park were actually separated due to a fall out in their marriage. The said former couple were mates, but unlike him and Chanyeol, they were not soulmates. Soulmates among wolves were very rare; it just so happened that he and his alpha found each other at a young age. Well, they met each other at the age of 5 then became instantly best of friends then they eventually found out that they were soulmates when they reached ual maturity at 18.

When he first met Chanyeol, he and mama Park just moved in next door to their house from Spain. Chanyeol was very withdrawn and sad back then so Baekhyun took it upon himself to make the young alpha smile again, which turns out wasn't that hard. It is just that Baekhyun had that effect on Chanyeol which might have been an early hint that they were soulmates. It was later into their friendship that Baek finds out that Chanyeol actually had a younger twin named, Park Se Joo, who was left behind in Spain with their father. Baekhyun feels for his alpha's brother, who he presumes will take their current situation harder. He knows that Chanyeol doesn't have any ill will towards his father anymore, but he is not sure about mama Park since she was not very vocal about her ex-husband. 

With all these thoughts, he settles himself on the bed and snuggles against his alpha's pillow to bathe in his scent. He decides to pay his parents a visit since they moved to another part of the city when they found out that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were mates. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a few days later that Baekhyun got to contact with his alpha. Chanyeol told him that he and his mom was still able to talk with his dying father and got some closure before he passed a day later. Chanyeol says that his mom and his twin did not take it too well, but Baekhyun knows that his alpha was also holding it in so when Baekhyun gently told him that it was okay for him to cry too, Chanyeol cried his heart out. All Baekhyun could wish was that he would be with the Parks to offer them comfort, but this works too.

In the days that followed after the funeral, the Parks were busy with Mr. Park's estate, but Baekhyun and Chanyeol kept constant contact for it was still a very vulnerable situation for the Park family. Amidst all of this, Chanyeol suddenly arranges a quick video call to introduce his twin to Baekhyun. As far as Baekhyun knew, his alpha's twin is also an alpha named Park Se Joo, and that is it. When Chanyeol and his mom moved to S.K., they haven't been in contact with anyone in Spain. Inevitably, they would eventually meet guessing that Se Joo might be moving in with Chanyeol and Mrs. Park when they come back.

Now, here's the omega sitting cross-legged on Chanyeol's side of their bed waiting for Chanyeol's call on his laptop. As soon as the call request appeared he excitedly and soon was greeted by two identical alphas seated on a couch. It should have been natural for Baekhyun to have his racing for his alpha, but two alphas would be ridiculous. To be honest, Baekhyun remembered Chanyeol showing him a picture of Se Joo when they were younger, and he did feel something he could not describe, but he just brushed it off. However, seeing Se Joo after he'd mature he could feel the same pull he felt when he and Chanyeol came of age. While this was going on, Chanyeol could easily tell that something's wrong as he could feel his brother tense up beside him and he could see Baekhyun freeze on the screen, and it wasn't a glitch or anything because he could clearly see his omega laboured breathing.

Before Chanyeol could ask what was wrong, he heard Se Joo murmur something.

"What?" Chanyeol asks.

"Mate." Se Joo answers absentmindedly as he kept staring at the frozen omega on the screen.