First Meeting

Story

It was a fine afternoon, I went to Roof And café and ordered my favorites, a croissant and milk tea.  I opened my notebook and scanned through the pages of unfinished stories. I let out a sigh seeing there are a lot of unfinished stories, I wanted to finish something so I can publish something on my account.

 

I closed my notebook and started to observe the people around me, hoping that I can get some inspiration for my story. Since it was afternoon, the café was quite noisy, because it was full. Suddenly, it turned quiet, the people looked at the door, I turned around and saw that Lee Minwoo arrived, he is a part of Shinwa and also the owner of Roof And. I have never seen him during the other days that I stayed here, today was the first time.

 

“Focus, Haera. Focus”, I told myself. I have to finish something today. I decided to get my laptop and type the one I’m working on, I haven’t thought of any title now, but my working title is “Rain”. I felt that my working title is not appropriate considering that it’s almost summer season.

 

After typing everything, I just stared at my laptop. I tried continuing the story but I always end up erasing everything. I was getting frustrated with my progress and I think I sighed to loud.

 

“Excuse me,”, I heard somebody said. I looked up and saw Minwoo. He was smiling, “Hello there”, he said again. “Hi!”, I answered.

 

“Can I seat here?”, he asked. “Sure, take a seat”. I said.

 

“I’ve been observing you from the counter since I arrived. You look a little frustrated, so I decided to bring some chocolates, to make you feel better.” He said.

 

“Thanks”, I smiled. “I need to finish up writing my story but I can’t do it. It’s been weeks and I haven’t thought of anything to add. I added some things earlier but I wasn’t satisfied so I ended up erasing everything again. I’m back to square one.” I sighed again and looked down.

 

He laughed a little loud and it make me a look at him. I was a little offended with his laugh so I stared at him. “I’m sorry”, he said. “You look adorable when you do that so I laughed. Please don’t get mad”, he added.

 

“I’m Lee Minwoo, by the way,” he offered his hand for a handshake. “I’m Kim Haera, nice to meet you Lee Minwoo-ssi”. I shook his hand and bowed my hand. “You’re so formal, call me Oppa instead, I’m sure that I’m older than you”, he said.

 

I was a little surprised with what he said, so I wasn’t able to answer immediately. “Okay, Lee Minwoo-ssi, I mean Minwoo Oppa.” “I’m going to start writing now, so please don’t mind me”.

 

It was weird, but it felt fine even when he was there while I was writing. Normally I would ask people to leave me alone while I was doing it but today was different. I didn’t mind that he was there, I think his presence helped me calm down and I was able to write more.

 

“Oh my, it’s already 6 o’clock”, time really passed by quickly.” I said to myself. I looked up and saw Minwoo. “You’re still here”, I said. “You looked really serious and seeing you like that, inspired me to start doing some work too. Look!” He showed his phone while flashing a big smile, “I was able to write some lyrics, thank you so much!”.

“Huh?! Why say thanks?” I answered, “Nothing, nothing. I have to go to the counter, I’ll help the crew a little bit. Hope to see you again some other time”, he said. “Hope to see you again too Oppa!” I replied.

 

I started fixing my things, since I still have to meet a friend for dinner. I left the café and took a glance at the counter. He was busy preparing something because a lot of customer already arrived.