Day before Departure Part 1

My Precious one

Day by day has passed in blur for Taeyeon. She tried her best to forget what had happened between her and Tiffany by busying herself preparing for moving out to States. She feels grateful for the support from her other friends who always encouraging her and helping her whenever she needed it. It’s the last day before her departure, it would be a big fat lie if she said she doesn’t scared; it will be the first time she’ll go abroad without her parents not to mention for couple of years until she finish her study. And I don’t want to go back and forth from there to here when I have vacation. It will cost more and beside it’s a good opportunity to forget about what happened and move on. Sighing, she gets up from the bed and put on casual clothes; deciding to go around the town before she left. A loud knock was heard from the door startling her.

“Yah Kim Taeyeon! Open the door!” She could hear Yuri’s voice calling for her from outside the door.

“Wait a sec, Kwon! I’m changing now!”

“Hurry up midget!”

“Yah! Leave my height alone!” Taeyeon tripled her speed and open the door right away just to reveal Kwon Yuri’s grinning face. Taeyeon wasted no time to flick Yuri’s forehead hard.

“Yah! What’s that for?!” Yuri shouted while rubbing her now-redden forehead

“That’s for calling me ‘midget’! Anyway, what do you want?”

“Aw… don’t be so cold. It will be awhile before I can tease you again”

“Yeah I know but at least please please PLEASE!  STOP CALLING ME A MIDGET!”

Taeyeon reached out to head-lock Yuri, but since Yuri is taller and having leg longer than her, she could escape the head-lock quite easily. Yuri give a merong to Tae while Tae scoffing in defeat.

“Hahahaha! Come on Tae! Let’s go to Lotte world! I’ve got the ticket covered already! “

“Jinja?! Yeah! You’re the best Yul!!” Tae hugged her friend tightly

“I know, right? I’m the Miss Awesome and Super duper Hot Kwon Yuri!!” Tae let Yuri go immediately and hit her forehead. “Yah, Kim Taeyeon!” Yuri shrieked

“That’s for being so cocky. Now let’s go!”

Taeyeon dragged Yuri downstairs, passing Mrs. Kim who greeted them and Mr. Kim who was reading newspaper. Taeyeon just yelled “I’m going out with friends! I will be back at night!”

Mr. and Mrs. Kim was could only shake their heads in amusement as their daughter disappeared from their sight. How couldn’t they? The sight of their short daughter dragging her much taller friend was quite comical and funny.

 

 

Yuri’s POV

I never knew this Shorty can be this strong; she could drag me effortlessly out from her room to my car just because I told her I got tickets to Lotte world. I need to thank my cousin later. Since today is her last day in Korea before moving to State, I wanna make her forget about her problems for awhile. I think they haven’t talk to each other yet and the fact that Tae wants us to keep her departure as secret among us didn’t help the matter. Truthfully I’m a little bit angry at Tiffany for acting like that, but I know that she’s not at fault, so is Taeyeon. I never thought I would see the days when Taeyeon and Tiffany aren’t being next to each other. Since the first time we met they’re already so close to each other; I swear many would’ve mistaken them as couple instead of best friend. I still remember clearly the first time I met those two; it was when we’re in 2nd year of Junior High…

 

Flashback

I was a new transfer student. Being new to this school and town, I feel scared. What if no one wants to be my friends? What if I fail every subject? And lots more of “what if” running through my head; it’s my first time ever to change a school. A loud ring of the bell brought me out from my world. Deciding that it’s not good to be late on my first day, I made my way to the teacher’s room. Mr. Kang, my new homeroom teacher told me to go with him to the class. When he entered the class, I could hear my heart’s beating really fast as if it almost popped out from my body, soon after I heard he called me to introduce myself. I slowly make mw way inside and introducing myself.

“Uh… Hello, my name is Kwon Yuri. I was just moved from Incheon. Pleased to meet you” I bow at the end of my introduction. The student in the class starts to clap. “Alright, now please go to your seat on the last row beside the window.”

I slowly made my way to the seat while keeping my head down. I wasn’t that confident to greet another student, I feel so different from them. Once I was seated down I can feel someone nudged me, when I turn my head I was greeted by a huge grin of a girl. I was taken a back and that girl smiling even wider.

“Hello! Nice to meet you! I’m Kim Taeyeon!” she offered me her hand to shake. I slowly raised my hand to shake it with her; her stupidly wide grin still attached to her face.

“Hello… I’m sure you already know what my name is”

“Yep! Hope we can be great friends!”

In lunch time, Taeyeon offered me to go to the cafeteria together which I agreed almost immediately since I didn’t know anyone else in this school. Once we arrived at the cafeteria, it was already crowded. We were trying to spot empty table for us to sit and eat.

“TAE-TAE! OVER HERE!”

Our heads snapped to the direction of that loud voice. There, a girl with short hair waving to our direction. I was about to ask Taeyeon who is that girl when I saw Taeyeon waving back to that girl. She then turned her attention back to me, still grinning.

“Come on. Yuri. Fany already saved us the seat”

She dragged me again to where the other girl was sitting. Once we’re close enough, Tae let go of my hand and hugged that girl. My eyes widen in surprise as I watched them hugging each other as if they were parted for ten years.

“Tae-tae! I miss you!”

“Mushroom!! Me too! Too bad we’re not on the same class this year” They broke the hug and I could see Taeyeon was pouting. I let out a chuckle at the pouting face of Taeyeon, making them aware of my presence.

“Omo! I forget to introduce you! Mushroom, this is Kwon Yuri. She’s a new student in my class” I bowed a little to the girl whom Tae called ‘mushroom’. That ‘mushroom’ girl looked at me before giving me an eye-smile.

“Annyeonghaseo! My name is Tiffany Hwang. Nice to meet you, Yuri-ssi”

“Likewise, Tiffany-ssi”

“Just call her mushroom, Yuri” Tae suddenly chipped in. Tiffany turned to her and gave her a glare.

“No! And stop calling me mushroom, Tae-tae!”

 I laughed at them, and since that day three of us become best friends…

-End of flashback-

I snapped out from my thought when I felt Tae stop dragging me and since I was daydreaming I couldn’t control my step and crashed onto Taeyeon’s back. We ended up sprawled down on the ground with me above her.

“Yah Kwon Yul! Get up! You’re heavy!” Tae shouted from below and I immediately get up then helped her up as well.

“Sorry shorty. Didn’t see you stop since you’re too short for my eyes” I show her my tongue and laughed afterward. Tae gritted her teeth in annoyance making me laughing harder before I slung my hand around her shoulder

“Come on, we have a long day ahead! We should get going now”