Nothing's Over

Dasi Dorawa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong glanced at Myungsoo as he drove, seemingly more concerned about reaching their destination than obeying the speed limit. This was important, and he was still confused about the details, but, since Myungsoo hadn't uttered one word since getting in the car, Sungjong decided to keep his mouth shut, as well. Whatever was going on, it was something that was not to be taken lightly, so he didn't. glancing out the window nervously, he could see the street signs flying by as blurs, and felt a strange, foreboding sensation envelope him like a cloak of danger. 

Myungsoo finally slowed his car down, turning onto a dark street and parking in the rear parking lot of an apartment building. Turning to Sungjong, he took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "I'm sorry for basically abducting you, but that man was going to kill you, if given the chance." He smiled at Sungjong, holding out of hand. You're welcome to stay here as long as you need to, and I can explain everything I know about the situation, okay?" 

Sungjong stared at him, weighing the situaion. It was all still a blur to him, and he wasn't sure iff this was the smartest move, but he nodded anyway. "Okay. But you will need to explain, because I'm so ing confused right now."

Myungsoo shook his head, sighing deeply as he pulled his gun out from the side of the seat and sticking it in his backpack. "Well then, let's go in and I'll tell you all I know...and I swear on my life that I'll keep you safe." 

Sungjong unbuckled his seatbelt, turning to look at his handsome rescuer. "For some reason, I trust you...even though you've been avoiding me."

Myungsoo nodded, his lips instinctively. "Yeah...That's...I'll explain that, too. Don't worry. but let's get in the apartment where we'll be safe." Opening his own door, he got out and walked around to the passenger side and pulling the door open for Sungjong. He definitley wanted to be behind him was they walked into the apartment, in case the one-eyed man showed up again. 

Once they were inside the apartment, Myungsoo slid the deadbolt into place, locking the second lock below it. "Um...I have some food, if you're hungry, and also I will go get some clothes for you, if you'll promise to not leave here...at least not until I explain everything," he laughed, offering a crooked smile. "I mean, I could even stop over at your house and get some of your stuff, if you want. Just give me your address. I'm not planning on robbing you or anything." 

Sungjong nodded, smiling back at him. "Okay. Here." Taking a piece of paper out of his pocket, he found a pen on the kitchen table and wrote his address down. Handing it to Myungsoo, he held back the flood of questions he had for him. "Thank you. I really appreciate all of this."

Myungsoo laughed bitterly, taking the piece of paper and glancing at the address. "Don't thank me too much yet. You haven't heard the story." He took a breath, letting it out sharply. "alright. I'll be back soon. Don't open the door for anyone...even me. I'll unlock it with me key.I'll see you soon. Be careful," he added quietly before slipping out the door. 

As soon as Myungsoo left, Sungjong slid the deadbolt back into place, taking this opportunity to look around a bit. Being a very modest apartment, he noticed that he was much smaller than the expensive flat he had bought, but it was comfortable. It had an open concept kitchen with a small table and two chairs but not a lot of food in the cabinets or refrigerator, a true sign of a person who was used to living alone. 

Making his way down the hall, he noticed a small bathroom and two small bedrooms. One was obviously lived in, with a few articles of mostly black or white clothing on the floor, but mostly in the hamper by the closet. Pushing down his urge to snoop in Myungsoo's bedroom further, he made his way to the other bedroom and placed his phone on the already made bed there. Sitting down on the bed, he decided to wait there until his new friend returned. 

He hadn't realized how much time had passed when he heard a knock at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter