Reminisce

Dasi Dorawa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Staring at the young man before him, Myungsoo pleaded with the man who was currently holding Sungjong's life in the balance with one hand behind his head and the other ready to snap his neck. He knew that the one-eyed basted would do it, too. He just had an agonizing choice to make.

Looking into Sungjong's eyes, he saw that the fire had not gone out of them. He never gave up, even if it meant that he would die, in the process. That was one of the many things he loved about him, and now he might stand by and watch him die.

The eyed man with the long white hair glanced over to a bridge full of more innocent lives, the base of it broken so that it would break and let them plummet to their deaths. The only thing that was saving them was the telekinetic hold, which was in the man's control.

"It's your choice, Myungsoo. Save all of those lives and let me have this one," he glanced down at Sungjong, a sadist smile playing on his thin lips. "...or save this one and all of those people die. I know you, and what you hold dear. I know what you'll choose, but what will he choose?"

Myungsoo turned to look at the bridge full of strangers that he would allow to lose their lives, if it meant Sungjong would live. However, he shook his head, feeling a single tear slide down his cheek. "He would choose them, because he's better than me, and so much better than you, as he always will be. So that's my decision." He uttered the death sentence in a quiet tone, barely hearing the words himself over the rushing blood in his ears.

The bastard with the eyepatch brought the bridge back over, setting it one the bank for allow them to go free. Myungsoo felt a sense of relief, but it was short-lived as he heard the audible crack of a neck breaking at the same time as his heart shattering. He knew he had made that decision for Sungjong alone, because to him, that young man's life was worth ten thousand others lost.

Feeling the air begin to chill, Myungsoo's blood ran cold, as well. Kale appeared on the banks, his Winter power freezing the group of people Sungjong's sacrifice had just now spared. They didn't stand a chance as he stopped their hearts with the chill, but all Myungsoo could see was Sungjong. In that moment, he wished for a permanent death, but knew that if he did that, he would betray Sungjong in letting the time wraths have him forever.

Using his power of strength, Myungsoo placed his left hand on his right cheek and left hand around his head and snapped his own neck, ending his misery for that life.

                        °°°°°°°

Myungsoo awoke suddenly, sitting up in bed. He hated those kinds of dreams, because they brought back bad memories, and he certainly didn't want to think about that right now, with Kale asleep in the next room. Sungyeol's boyfriend had given him good reasons to trust him this time, and as long as he didn't hurt or kill Sungjong, Myungsoo was willing to believe him this time.

During dinner the night before, Kale had explained how things worked and why he was on the same side as Myungsoo, at least for the time being. The Infinite Circle was an entity that, if it collected enough souls, could open a portal and unleash great evil into Earth. Originally, one soul had been split when a person died, allowing them to be reborn or simply awaken. However, depending on how many times you soul was split, the Infinite Circle could collect souls to add to its fuel to reopen and destroy Earth.

Certain people, like Sungjong, didn't have souls that could be split, so could not be collected. The Infinite Circle wanted to end his existence because, the more a person was able to heal someone, the longer their lifespan and the less likelihood of that person being collected and added in. This was why the Infinite Circle had tried to kill people like Sungjong and his friend in the past, Randy, so that they couldn't hinder the Cir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter