Dilemma

Dasi Dorawa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Run!" Sungjong was grinning widely as he watched his friend, Niel, cross the finish line first, winning the final set of races that would take him to the champoinship. He had just beat the best in the country, and would now go on the race against Japan in the college champtionships, a great accomplishment for his friend.

 

Running over to him, he congratulated him excitedly, tackling Niel to the ground. "Hey, now that I've won, I dont need to get injured," Niel grinned at him, sharing in the excitement.

 

"So, I guess now it's on to Japan, huh?" Sungjong was very hyped up and happy that his friend would finally accomplish what he had been driving toward all throughout high school and now college. "But...maybe you should go run against Minhyuk and Kwangsuk first. That way, you really would..."

 

"What? Become a loser?" Niel smiled at him, shaking his head. "No. I'll take this. Japan'll be fun. Are you coming with me and my team?"

 

Sungjong shook his head, frowning. "I can't, but would, if I didn't have classes. You'll tell me all about it, though, right?"

 

Duh," Niel replied dryly, making his way to the locker room. "I'm going to go take a shower, but we're meeting up again for drinks, right?"

 

Sungjong nodded, still grinning. "Of course. I'll bring Hoya with me...and Ryosuke, I guess."

 

Niel appeared amused, but also apprehensive at the mention of Ryosuke. Things always happened around him, whether they were good or bad, as if he was controlling fate. "Now we'll be dropping all of the drinks and the glasses are going to break, like last time."

 

"Nah. I'll tell him to control it, and maybe he'll be in a good mood...I'll text Hoya and tell him to make Ryosuke happy," he winked at his friend, watching him roll his eyes.

 

"I'll see you this evening," Niel waved at him as he disappeared into the locker room. Sungjong smiled as he realized Niel didn't know the full impact of Ryosuke's power.

 

It was true that he could make things happen, and he knew that he had full control over it. All it took was concentration and a determination to accomplish his tasks. This was a power that could turn the tides in a war to whatever side the young man wanted. However, with how powerful he was, he could never tell the world what he could do, and Hoya had made sure that neither of them ever got caught and used for their powers. All it would take was one person running to the government with the knowledge and that life woud be over.

 

Glancing at the marks on the under-side of his arm, Sungjong counted twenty marks, bold, black tattoos that appeared on a person's body each time they escaped true death. The number of marks indicated the amount of times he had woken up from death, blessed to live another life. Every time, he wondered if this time would be his last, because nothing lasted forever. Every person's time would come.

 

Making his way to his car, he sent the promised text to Hoya, asking him to make sure Ryosuke was in a good mood, no matter what it took. Smiling, he the road to go home, wanting to catch a short nap if he was going out that evening.

 

                                  °°°°°°°

 

The strobe lights flashed a wide array of colors, bathing everyone on the club in a strange, florescent hue. Myungsoo moved through the crowd, quietly turning down a petite, cute girl as he passed. Quietly making his way to the bar, he handed money to the bartender. He knew this man well, having visited this very club several times. "Kangjun, I would like a beer with lime, and a Heshey's with nuts." Grinning at the younger man, he got a nod and enthusiastic answer.

 

"One beer with lime and a candy bar coming up!" The bartender poured the drink from the tap, dropping a few pieces of lime in before handing it to Myungsoo. Racing under the counter, he handed him the Hershey's bar with a wide grin. "Have fun! Hit me up on Thursday and we can go get a drink together, okay?"

 

Myungsoo nodded at him, still grinning. "Thanks, Jun. I'll be sure to do that." Moving away from the bar, he made his way to the quietest corner he could find in the bar...which wasn't much of an improvement. Taking a long swig of his beer, his eyes scanned the crowd, enjoying the flash of colors and the sight of the people dancing. He hadn't come here to dance, but to unwind.

 

One pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter