Fin.

Missing You

You know exactly what happens in every ending of a fairytale that starts with a simple 'Once upon a Time', but Jeonghan believed that it wasn't always a happy ending..

"You do know you're not allowed to do that aren't you?"

Seokmin asked raising an eyebrow.

Jeonghan let go of the rink..

He's been staring at the river for too long that he didn't realize he's been so emerge on it.

Someone grabbed him from behind.

"Hyung, are you out of your mind? What if you slipped? You might have fall."

Jeonghan look at both of them.

"Chan's right. Hyung, please don't do that again."

Jeonghan sighed and nod.

"Sorry. Just got hypnotized by the water."

He tried joking but the young ones didn't mind it. They grab him as far away from the bridge..
 

They were a little bit far when Jeonghan stopped and look back.

"He didn't mean to leave right?"

He suddenly asked.

With the tone of his quivering voice, his cousins already know what will happen next.

They started patting his back with care and gave him a warm hug.

"Hyung.. Of course he didn't want to leave.."

Chan said comforting Jeonghan as he already gave up and cried.

"But he still left.. "

They didn't speak more and just let Jeonghan cry in their arms..





 

"You seem sad.."

He look back only to see him smiling.

Jeonghan smiled back, trying to look fine.

"Hi."

"Hey.."

It was a silent meering they have while the night sky full of stars is above them.

"How's life Hannie.."

"Same as usual.."

Mingyu frowned..

"What's with the frown. You should smile, you'll get ugly."

"Does being beautiful bring you back? Co'z I'll be smiling forever if it will."

Jeonghan woke up with the phone ringing beside him.

He sighed. Mingyu again.

It's been three years yet Mingyu was still showing up on his dream.

And he would always wake up with tears on his eyes..

"Hyung.."
 

He heard Chan's voice on the other line."

"Hey, how's the trip?"

Chan didn't answer back.

"Chan?"

"Hyung.. Are you coming with them today?"

Jeonghan stopped. He look at his bedside table and saw a frame of Mingyu and him.

"Yeah.."

"Should we come with you?"

"No. I'll be fine.."

He replied. His cousins need to rest first.

"You sure?"

It was Seokmin.

"Yes I am. I'll be there and will go home immediately after."

"Hyung.."
 

"Seokmin. I'll be fine. Promise."


 

He went down stairs and grab his favorite coat.

It was a gift from Mingyu two weeks before he died.

Plane crash.. two weeks before their wedding, two weeks before their 3rd anniversary..

They were those ones who started as best friends to lovers. They've been best friends since kids until Mingyu finally made a move and much more to Jeonghan's delight.  But all of it melted after the accident, Mingyu was on his flight home from China.. he went there because of a family business matter..

Unfortunately, he didn't made it home..









 

"Hey.."

Jeonghan sat down on the grass. He placed the flowers beside the flowers the Kim family brought before him..

"How are you up there?"

"I miss you.. remember the orphanage we used to visit? The kids found their foster family already.. and another bunch of cute kids were there. You'd like them very much if you meet them. They're like you.. a baby."

"I finished my project.. I built a dog house. I told you, I can do it. Tho.. It took me three years to make one. It was easy, I was just lazy to do it.. Your mom still cooks the best dishes.. she always give us some.. you really got it from her.."

"Remember Kyu? He was sick the other day.. that dog is growing tired these days. He doesn't want to eat.. and oh! Jihoon and Cheol adopted a kid.. His name is Shinho.  He's really cute and naughty."

After a long time, Jeonghan stare at his engraved name..

"Kim Mingyu."

Died at a young age of 24, God bless his soul..

"It's been three years. It's been so long since you left.. remember when, when my mother died? You said I shouldn't cry so loud, or else she'll wake up."

"We were foolish kids back then. But you were the one to comfort me. Tell me, do you think if I cry out so loud right now, will you wake up? Fool. Of course you wouldn't. You're dead."

He said it while laughing bitterly.
 

"Come on, it's a joke! Haha.. but seriously, because of that day. i never cried so loud in my entire life anymore. Thanks to you I wouldn't be embarrassing."

Jeonghan stayed there for a while and wasn't able to fight the sleep.

 

"Where are we going Mingyu?"

But Mingyu didn't answer.

The place seems familiar though.  Until Jeonghan can finally hear the running water..

It was raging yet calming.

"What are we doing here?"

Jeonghan asked smiling..
 

But still, Mingyu didn't speak..

The latter look at the water as he lean on the rink.

"It's beautiful."

Jeonghan said doing the same.

He placed both feet on the rink while bending to see the waters below the bridge..

He smiled when he saw butterflies flying.

"Look, it's beautiful."

He said amazed.

When he look back at Mingyu, the latter was walking away from him without looking back. He was crossing the bridge.

"Mingyu? Mingyu where are you going?!"

He called but the latter wasn't answering.

"Gyu! Wait for me!"

Jeonghan saw Mingyu went down the water.. and he was just standing there..

"Gyu come back here!"

There's no way Mingyu's leaving him again! No! He has to go get Mingyu.

"Stay there! Just stay there!"
 

Jeonghan climbed the rink.. and jumped.



 

The water was cold.. but he can't feel it. He wasn't feeling anything but longing, hoping that as he drown, Mingyu was there to meet him on the other side of their parallel world. Jeonghan was waiting for this moment.