Chapter 2. Voicemail

Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He thumbs through his call logs trying to look for the voicemail. A sudden rush of emotions plagues his mind.

What if you just got so ing drunk, Donghae?

He clicks on the voicemail again.

Static. He waits.

“D-donghae...” a long pause. “It’s been a long time. And I wasn’t really sure if this is a good idea. But hey, I’ve missed you. Believe me when I say bumping into you was purely coincidental. I didn’t even know I’d ever get to see you again...”

Donghae grunts, he’s having a hard time trying to remember the events from the last two days. Everything just comes in a fog. No matter how hard he tries, nothing.

“Let’s make amends,” the female voice sounded exasperated. Like she was forced to say the word amends.

He shuts his eyes, listening to the voicemail over and over again; trying to see if the voice will have a face in his mind.

I’m willing to help you. The voice is soft. And Donghae keeps racking his memory for any semblance as to who owns the voice.

My sweet, sweet, Donghae.

He hears a faint whisper that sends chills down his spine. He opens his eyes in utter shock, and sees a very annoyingly familiar female figure in front of him.

“,” he mutters to himself.

“You look like someone caught in the act,” she grins, not hearing Donghae.

“Were you flirting with me a couple of seconds ago?” he raises an eyebrow.

“Please, Donghae. Get a grip. Not everyone wants your , no matter how alluring it is,” she rolls her eyes.

“Thanks, Tae. Quite charming as always,” he teases. “Wait. How long have you been there?”

“Just right about when you opened your eyes?” Taeyeon says.

“You didn’t call me your sweet, sweet, Donghae?”

“What?! Again, get a grip, Lee Donghae. You’re not exactly my type,” she huffs and leaves abruptly.

If not her annoying colleague, then who?

He snaps back to his problem at hand and tries calling the unregistered number.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Clicks.

“Hi. I can’t come to the phone right now, feel free to leave a message ~”

The female voice is slightly squeaky compared to the voicemail. But he’s most certain they’re the same person.

Disappointed, he leaves a message.

“Hey. I don’t know who you are. But you left me a voicemail... so maybe-“ he sighs and drops the call.

I don’t even know what I’m doing. What if it was just a prank call?

He shoves his phone back on his pocket and decides to think about it later. He has tons of paper work he needs to attend to. But just when he is about to open his door, his phone vibrates.

Unregistered number.

“HEY!” he answers immediately.

“Donghae,” her voice serene.

And at that moment, the voice finally had a face in Donghae’s mind.

“Heeyeon,” he whispers.

 

“Eunha, you know the rules,” she sighed.

“But sister, we can defy everything,” she smiled at her ruefully.

“Don’t be delusional, Eunha! Stop upsetting the deities!”

“Please understand, sister. We’re just the same. You love him with all your heart. And I know you’d want to do the same if given the chance!”

She can only stare at her younger sister in horror.

“No, Eunha. I would never dare go against the wishes of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter