Chapter 1. Present

Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, events or incidents are the products of my imagination or used in a very fictitious matter. Since this is a supernatural (?) themed AU, there may be some inaccuracy with the usage of the terminologies or actual locations, but this in no way reflect any actual real life circumstances.

********************************************************************

Year 2019

Donghae hurriedly jumps to his feet the moment his phone started buzzing. It isn’t his ideal wakeup call but not like he has any other choice. He yanks his phone from his nightstand and checks his morning callout.

10 unread messages. 5 missed calls.

Good lord.

Fortunately, it isn’t his boss. He has been playing hooky for two straight days since Monday, and the only reason Donghae can think of as to why his boss doesn’t really bother to ask his whereabouts, is because he thinks so highly of Donghae. Despite him being the employee, his relationship with Siwon looks more like a master and a servant – Donghae being the master and the latter his loyal lackey.

He opens his call logs to review the missed calls, three of which belong to an unregistered number and the other two from someone he grew familiar with. He checks if the unregister number left a voicemail.

Static. Nothing but static.

He is about to delete it when a minute in to the voicemail, he hears a muffled hello.

“D-donghae,” stutters a female voice.

Donghae thinks back on his previous nights’ escapades. He did skip work for days, and he did go to clubs to pass the time. But did he give away his number?

He listens intently to the voice message.

“It’s been a long time. And I wasn’t really sure if this is a good idea. But hey, I’ve missed you,” the female voice continues.

He isn’t one to keep close acquaintances. Well, not for long, that is. He scrunches his nose, deep in thought. He throws his phone to his bed, the voice message still playing.

“You can give me a call once you’re ready to hear me out. I’m willing to help you. I promise. Let’s make amends,” she whispers.

The more Donghae listens, the more he believes he recognizes the voice. But he can’t seem to point as to who actually owns the voice.

Help me? Make amends?

Still puzzled, Donghae decides to think about it some other time. It is probably just a misunderstanding on the woman’s part

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter