The one that got away.

Twice & IZ*ONE one shots

2yeon
Nayeon and jeongyeon have known each other for years but as one fell in love with the other things started to change. Drastically.

Nayeon truly loved jeong. Like a lot. But she was too scared to tell her because she wasnt sure what the other was feeling.

But she grew tired of just being a 'friend' (even though they had slept together a few times whenever jeong would get drunk because of her ex gfs) nayeon finally had the guts to tell her she loved her.

As nayeon was on her way to jeongs apartment, she saw a a girl walking out, looking back at jeong giving her a kiss which left nayeon devastated looking at the scene. That was one of latter's ex gf. The one that broke her the worst...but why was she with her again. Nayeon went up to them "jeong what is she doing here?" As jeong looked at her surprised she answered calmly "mina and I are dating again" letting out a small chuckle at the end.

Mina looking nayeon up & down smirking at the process (she knew that the older had a crush on her girl) "bye my love I'll see you tonight" with a kiss & wink she left the scene leaving the best friends by themselves.

"Nay I had no idea you were coming, I was planning on telling you." Jeong said a little worried as to how the older was going to react.
"Did you forget how hard it was for you to heal because of her!!! And now you guys are dating again?! What the jeong!" Nayeon said agitated at the situation
"Woah calm down nay, you dont have to-"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'CALM DOWN' I HELPED YOU GET BETTER AFTER SHE CHEATED ON YOU!!"nayeon knew she had the right to get mad but still felt a ping in her heart for screaming at the one she loved.
"Look I know. You helped me so much and I'm thankful for that. But this is my decision...okay?" Jeong said in a little voice
Nayeon started laughing at that. She was mad, disappointed, but mostly mad at how her bestfriend would make that decision. Jeong was looking at her worriedly when nayeon just looked at her in the eyes
"Okay. Fine. But if you get hurt again dont come to me. EVER!" Nayeon turned around running away as tears streamed down her cheeks
"NAY WAIT PLEASE" jeong started running after her but didn't check the road before crossing.
.
.
.
BOOM
Nayeon turned around and saw the love of her life in the ground covered in blood and bearly breathing. She ran up to her holding her hand
"Jeong. JEONG PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME" Nayeon cried out, while everyone circled them calling the ambulance.
Jeong opened her eyes to see nayeon crying. As she picked up her hand to try & caress the older woman, her hand fell back to the ground and everything was pitched black.

As nayeon was waiting in the waiting room she kept calling jeongs parents but they never answered. They were usually over seas in cooking competitions. As she sighed feeling desperate because she wanted to know if jeong was okay, in the corner of her eye she saw her again. Mina. Running up to nayeon asking her what happened. As she was about to answer the doors opened.

Inside the emergency room
The doctors were going crazy because they couldn't do anything, jeong had lost too much blood and was going in and out of consciousness. Suddenly jeong opened her eyes and looked at the doctor "please. Just bring me nayeon." She said in a crooked voice
The doctor wanted to say no but since they couldn't save her, he allowed it.

Back to the waiting room
As nayeon was going to speak the doors opened revealing a nurse covered in blood " is there a nayeon here?!" The nurse asked. Nayeon ran up to her, mina followed behind, "that's me what happened?!" The nurse took her hand and told her "she's asking for you." Nayeon nodded and they ran inside the ER, leaving mina behind.
As they entered the room nayeon ran up to jeongyeon holding her hand tightly "what's wrong are you okay??" Deep down she knew the latter wasn't.
"I'm sorry. I truly am sorry." Jeong said as tears started rolling down her cheeks
"Jeong shut up, it's fine just forget about it." Nayeon was looking at her with pleading eyes
"I cant nay. It's just that I-" jeong was cut off as nayeon got her chin and pulled her towards her " I said it's fine. I shouldn't have reacted like that but it happened because i...." nayeon stopped and looked down.
"Because you what nay?"jeong was looking at her confused
"Because i....I love you dork" nayeon said as her cheeks turned pink
Jeong was looking at her surprised but a small smile turned up "are you serious!!"
As nayeon looked up her eyes started to water because she really just confessed to her. As she was about to speak jeongs heart rate started to speed up.
The younger started coughing up blood, taking deep breaths.
"JEONG NO PLEASE HOLD ON PLEASE" nayeon started to freak out, the love of her life was leaving her just when she had the guts to tell her she loved her.
The doctors rushed up to them, but as a nurse started to pull nayeon away jeong grabbed her hand.
"I love you too. I always have." And the line went flat.
.............
Nayeon broke down in tears as she remembered everything that went down between her and jeong. She was right in front of her grave. It had been 2 years already since that happened. "I still love you. Too much." Nayeon said as she started to rise from the ground. "I'm getting married in a few months hehe. But I'll always come and visit you. That's a promise." She smiled and walked away leaving the ring she had bought jeong for the day she was going to confess to her.