Step 4

One of the Girls [Oneshot]

 

You pick yourself up which takes a moment and try not to tumble as you step closer to him. „Because you never end up making it obvious in front of me“, you reply angrily, „that's why, Sungmin! What do you think I am? A mind-reading clairvoyant?“ You sound harder than you wanted to but you don't mind. He blinks in astonishment then pushes himself off the table and takes one step towards you as well. Suddenly you feel like going back again.

 

„I'm glad I didn't make it obvious in front of you since I am nothing but a little y princess to you“, he confronts you with what you said before, getting a loud „that's not what I meant!“ from you as a response.

„But that's what everyone thinks you mean everytime you give me a nickname like that!“

„You never told me you didn't like it!“, you snap.

„Couldn't you tell from how the others were chuckling?“

You freeze, then shake your head. „They weren't.“

He raises his chin in a superior manner. „Yes they were. Because they knew how I hated the fact that I was only 'one of -'“

You feel like growling.

„They must've been chuckling behind my back then. It seems to me that this is what you all do when there is something you don't have the guts to say out loud!“

„Are you calling me sneaky?“, he asks in an almost threatening voice, coming closer and pointing a finger at you.

„No, I'm calling you a coward!“, you rectify, pugnaciously leaning in to him.

 

He stops right in front of you. Your bodies are only inches apart and if you stepped a little closer you could feel him breathe heavily against your chest. The thought alone makes you go crazy but you're not going to let your self-discipline slip this time. You want to clarify this once and for all because you feel like you just discovered a point in your friendship that might change everything. And your heart agrees.

 

While his eyes widen a little, you narrow yours. „What -“, he begins but you decide not to let him finish. You have something to say as well, and you know that if you don't tell him now, you're never going to find the courage to do it. „Because if you told me all these things earlier I could have told you that I see more in you than a y little princess, even though you sometimes behave like one“, you state, „and that I only talked myself into seeing you as one of the girls because I thought I would risk our friendship if I let my feelings show.“ Your voice gets louder with every word that you speak. Once you're finished, Sungmin decides to shut you up by setting an end to your unexpected confession.