Step 1

One of the Girls [Oneshot]

 

„Sungmin-ah! Stop twitching already“, you admonish your friend.

 

Sungmin slightly turns his face to give you a look that makes you freeze as you try to find out what it could possibly mean. It might be the most aegyo-filled confusion that you had ever seen, but it might as well be plain petulance. Either way, you know it mustn't stop you from picking up your actual action.

 

Still you lower the hand that was driving the small make-up brush over the pretty boy's face just a second ago and look back at him. „I know it's tickling your lid. You told me before. But you called me here to do it, so - deal with the consequences“, you say as you your head. You smile at him, believing it would make him snap out of the unbearable diva-like behaviour he had been showing all day. Or to be concrete – since you had arrived at the dorm.

 

The others were all quite finished getting ready for a small performance in Seoul when you knocked on the door of the room Sungmin and Kyuhyun shared. The maknae soon left so you could settle down with your equipment, but before disappearing he meaningfully raised his eyebrows in your direction. You remember how you blinked at him not really getting what he was obviously trying to signalize to you, but soon you realized that Sungmin's current moodswings deserved more than just raised eyebrows.

 

In order not to make things worse, you stop yourself from raising yours anyway as he doesn't react to your smile. He only lets out a hardly audible sigh and faces the mirror. He didn't let you finish applying eyeliner, so his right lid looks like you ran out of color midway. Before he can say anything, you decide to go first. „I wasn't done yet“, you state the obvious. He doesn't even look at you but only examines the fine and evenly drawn but still unfinished line. „Oh! Now that you mention it...“, he smirks, but it doesn't seem like it's a belated reaction to your smile.

 

„Aish! Seriously!“

 

In one jerky movement, you put down the brush on the small table that Sungmin had attached to the mirror so he could put his make-up on it whenever he was doing the routine himself – like he was actually supposed to today. Normally when having a smaller concert or meeting, the guys put on their make-up themselves so it wouldn't take too long. But today, Sungmin had called you over. Not to your surprise because he knew you were kind of professional when it came to make-up. Although you always keep yours rather minimalistic and natural, your friends always seek your helping hand in adding more color to their faces. And so does Sungmin.

 

But since he isn't used to your way of applying make-up, your competence seems to shake dauntingly and you feel closer to failing everytime he whinges about how it tickles or how he is forced to hold really still. As if it was against his will!, you think with your feelings varying from being annoyed to feeling unhelpful since you aren't done yet and the concert isn't too far away.

And as expected: unhelpful wins.

You in some air causing your breath to go unsteadily for a second while you're reaching for a kleenex to wipe off the black color that putting down the brush had smeared over the white table. You remind yourself to hold your tongue, almost feeling sorry now.

You weren't the one to lose control after all.