Chapter 3

Love Confession

Eun Ji Won is still at his label's music studio working on his music. He yawns and checks the time on his watch, it wasn't that late yet but he realizes how tired he was when he yawned. He starts rubbing both his eyes and suddenly he gets a message on his phone. 

"Ji Won, please stop ignoring me. Return my messages, i'm begging you!"

Eun Ji Won does not hesitate deleting the message.

"like come on Soo-Yeon, it's been 7 years, just leave me alone already." he thought to himself while shaking his head. 

A couple seconds later and someone knocks on the door.

"Yo, Ji Won, are you still in there???" a man behind the door asks. 

 

Eun Ji Won's POV

My manager was behind the door, so i get up and unlock it. 
"Hey, sorry about that, locked the door coz i didn't want people coming in and out while i worked on my music." i apologize to him.

"No worries, you okay though? you look stressed out and i dont think it's about the music you are working on..." I guess the stress is plastered all over my face. 

"yeah, it's soo-yeon..." I tell him.

"man, she really doesn't stop huh? Is there anything you want me to do? should i talk to her for you?" my manager shows concern. 

"nah, don't worry about it. There's nothing to do. I already tried what i can and she just does not stop." 

I turned off the lights and my manager and I walk out the door.

"wanna do something tonight?" my manager asks. He may be my manager but he is also a close friend. I thought about it and finally said yes to his offer.  

END OF POV

 

"1..2..1...2....1....2!" Dara's workout trainer yells as she does push-ups on the ground. 

"Ahjussi! i don't think i can do any more!!" Dara cries out while breathing intensely. 

"fine! you can stop now. Go take a 10 minute" the trainer disappointly says.

Dara jumps right up with a success smile on her face.

"....AND DRINK WATER." the trainer adds while rolling his eyes.

"yes! ahjussi!! water it is!" She does not even look at him and trails off. 

 

Dara's POV

I ran towards the restroom and the faucet. I look at myself in the mirror and splash water on my face. 

"I'm so darn tired already. That ahjussi has no mercy." i say all dramatically.

"Maybe i can just sneak out of here." i thought to myself and all of a sudden a bright lightbulb appears at the side of my head.

I took my phone out of my pocket and dial JeA's number. Please pick up! please pick up! please pick up!

"Dara?" I hear JeA answer.

"JeA!!!! yay you picked up!" i excitedly say

"I was actually gonna call you! i thought of something crazy that i think you should totally do!" that worries me, she sounds way too excited, and that could be dangerous. 

"what is it?" i ask with uncertainty.

"lets meet up!" JeA suggests. 

"I wont be available til like maybe 2 hrs. I'm still at the gym and my trainer would kill me if i skipped out on him. i actually wanted you to sneak me out that's why i called, but i'll just feel horrible if i did so" i dreadly say. 

"pshh, fine, you baby." she teased. "Lets meet at a club later?" 

"a club? it's gonna be too crowded tho. Somewhere else please?" i begged her.

"but i want to have fun tonightttt, come on dara, pleaseeeeeeeeeee" oh god, i can't believe she counter-begged. I'm gonna feel bad if i say no to her. I contemplate for a good couple seconds, and all i can hear in the phone is "please" being repeated.

"Fine, JeA. you win, the club it is. whic---"

"THERE'S THIS CLUB THAT I REALLY WANT TO GO TO AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE LIKE THEMES. SO I ALREADY LOOKED IT UP AND FOR TONIGHT, IT'S LIKE A MASQUERADE KIND OF THING. SO WE GOTTA WEAR MASKS. IT CAN BE CUTE, WEIRD, FUNNY, SCARY. IT DOESN'T MATTER. ANY MASK WILL DO. I WILL SEE YOU AT 9PM AT CLUB BOUND. JUST LOOK UP THE ADDRESS. BYE LOVE YOU" 

"HEY! WAI----" she hangs up the phone. 

This woman. Didn't even give me the chance to say anything. SHE KNEW I COULD NOT SAY NO TO HER. 

Oh gooood, Club Bound she says? man, i wanted to like just go for a relaxing night. I slump a little then stood straight real quick when i heard my trainer yell my name

"DARA! 10 MINUTES IS OVER!" My trainer yells. 

"I'm comiiing!" i answer back with a tear in my eye.

END OF POV

 

It's 8:15pm, and dara was already dressed up for the club. She checks her closet for some masks, she has tons. It piled up coz she needed to wear masks most of the time, especially when she was still in a kpop group called 2NE1. Fans would chase after them when spotted, thus, the masks. 

She tried on one after another and decided to wear the mask that was given to her by her members. 

(see mask: https://img1.etsystatic.com/005/1/5203101/il_fullxfull.393781781_kxbe.jpg)

She holds the mask with her tiny hands and takes a good look at it then sighs.

"i miss them."she wipes her eyes quickly before the tears fall. "hope they are doing ok."

Dara puts on the mask and walks out of her house then into her car. She looks up the address then drives away.

 

JeA's POV

Where is she?? it's 9:05 pm. She knows i hate it when people are late. I scratch my hair with frustration. it's 9:06 pm. WHERE ARE YOUUUUU. I scratch my hair even harder this time.

"JeA!!! SOR--" I turned around and see dara behind me wearing a cute gold rabbit mask. I hugged her right away and playfully pretended to cry.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE NOT GONNA COME"

"...JeA....it's 9:07 pm....it's only been 7 minutes......" 

"I dont care Dara." i continue to play-cry. 

"there, there" she pats my back. "i'm supposed to be the dramatic one in this friendship. what are you doing? something's up! i can smell it!!!" Darn, she saw right through my bad acting, but wait a sec. How did she know who i was when i have a mask on?

"DARA. HOW DID YOU KNOW IT WAS ME? I HAVE A MASK ON. WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?" dara just giggled. That doesn't answer my question at all. 

"You are my friend! of course i know it was you!" she proudly says, then gently slaps my . 

I look at her all weird. "sometimes i wonder why we are friends..."

She continues to giggle.

"okay, enough of the giggling. Lets gooo" i push her gently towards the entrance. 

END OF POV

 

JeA told dara to look for a table while she orders the drinks by the counter. Dara nods and walks around the club.

The club was very crowded, so dara had to squeez herself in between people.

"this is why i hate the club" she mumbles to herself. 

after for what it seems like, eternity, Dara finds an open table across from where she is standing which is like 20ft. away.

 

Dara's POV

A TABLE! finally! I positioned myself and decided to run my way towards the table before someone takes it. 

"Dara you got this !" i cheered myself.

I ran as fast as i can, and i did bump into some people but whatever, i just wanted to sit already. 

END OF POV

 

As soon as dara made it to the table, a guy sits on the chair. 

"yeah....i was here first." He says with no emotion in his voice.

".....wha...no i was here first!" Dara says with a pissed look on her face.