Chapter 7

INVISIBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

invisible

Chapter Seven

 

 

“So Miss Honda Hitomi, you know Chaewon?” asked Yujin.

 

Hitomi had to look up at the girl in front of her because of the height difference. She glanced at Chaewon who was standing behind Yujin, hoping she would help her with things to say.

 

“Yes I know her…” she said, glancing at Chaewon again.

 

Chaewon seemed calm, “Tell her you’re my personal assistant.”

 

“I’m her personal assistant,” she added.

 

Yujin raised an eyebrow, “PA? But Chaewon doesn’t have a PA anymore. She fired the fifth one 2 months ago.”

 

“Er… She just hired me. I’m new!” replied Hitomi with a nervous laugh.

 

“Really? She never told me about you before. That’s odd. And she let you drive her car too?”

 

Hitomi smiled and nodded.

 

Yujin crossed her arms, “If you really are her PA, tell me where she is right now. I can’t contact her for a few days now.”

 

Chaewon scoffed, “Yujin-ah, I’ve been missing for almost a week and only now you cared? I thought you and Minjoo already concluded that I’m on some beach, sipping coconut drinks.”

 

“She’s currently on the beach, sipping coconut drinks!” said Hitomi bluntly.

 

Yujin looked at her, surprised.

 

“She’s really on the beach?!”

 

Chaewon face-palmed, “Geez, bread face! Why the heck did you tell her that I’m on the beach? It was sarcasm!”

 

Hitomi gulped.

 

“When will she come back? Why didn’t she contact me?” asked Yujin continuously.

 

“I don’t know,” replied Hitomi blankly.

 

Yujin scoffed, “Are you really Chaewon’s PA? You don’t even know her schedule!”

 

“Of-Of course I’m her PA!”

 

The taller girl stared at Hitomi, “Maybe you’re a car thief who’s just posing as her PA to get away from this crime.”

 

“I’m not a car thief!”

 

“Then prove it to me. Prove to me that you’re her PA.”

 

“Eh? How…”

 

“Tell me something about her that the public didn’t know about.”

 

Hitomi gulped again.

 

“Tell me something and maybe I’ll believe you then.”

 

Hitomi glanced at Chaewon, hoping for her help.

 

“Tell her I have beautiful skin!”

 

Chaewon shrugged, “Sorry, I can’t think of one right now!”

 

Hitomi rolled her eyes.

 

“Tell me or I’ll surrender you to the police” threatened Yujin.

 

They both looked at each other, not saying anything. But Hitomi knew that she meant every word.

 

“Chaewon… has a small birthmark on her thigh,” said Hitomi suddenly. The image of Chaewon lying on her bed only in her undergarment flashed in her mind. That’s when she saw that birthmark.

 

Yujin was shocked.

 

“She always covers the birthmark with makeup so people didn’t know about it,” added Hitomi.

 

Yujin nodded, “Okay. Though that was never made public, her fan café is well aware of her birthmark. So that’s not really a secret. Tell me something else.”

 

Hitomi gulped, “That’s not enough? I-

 

“You don’t know anything else, right? Her schedules, her work and relationship?” asked Yujin to the nervous Hitomi.

 

Hitomi looked down on the floor as sweat was trickling down her forehead.

 

“I knew it,” said Yujin.

 

“So you’re just a car thief.”

 

“Wa-Wait! I do know something!” said Hitomi all of the sudden.

 

Yujin raised an eyebrow, “What?”

 

“I know something about her and I think people didn’t know about.”

 

Yujin looked at her, waiting.

 

Hitomi took a deep breath before continuing.

 

“I know that… when she was in high school, she had her first pet.”

 

Chaewon looked at Hitomi, curious. But Hitomi was avoiding her eyes. She fixed her gaze at Yujin as she continued.

 

“It was a butterfly.”

 

Yujin’s eyes widened, shocked. Chaewon’s too.

 

“How-How did you know about that?”

 

“I’ve told you I’m her personal assistant,” replied Hitomi, dismissing the topic.

 

 

**

 

 

Chaewon insisted to stay at the guest house even though Hitomi told her repeatedly that they were fully booked for that night. She threatened Hitomi to make an appearance as a poltergeist to terrorize other guests if she wasn’t allowed to sleep there. Hitomi had no choice but to give in.

 

After a warm shower and changing into a set of pajamas that she had already packed in her car, she lay on Hitomi’s bed with a script book in her hands. Hitomi entered the room and frowned when she saw her comfort territory had been breached, yet again.

 

“Get off my bed. I want to sleep,” she said.

 

Chaewon moved further back, leaving enough space for another person on the bed. She patted the mattress.

 

“Let’s share,” she said casually.

 

Hitomi bit her lip, trying to hide her blush.

 

“No. The bed is too small for two!” she retorted.

 

Chaewon rolled her eyes, “Don’t worry; I won’t your chest in your sleep. Though I have to admit that it’s tempting.”

 

Hitomi sighed and sat on the edge of the bed.

 

“Why do you insist on staying here? You have a huge house.”

 

“I like it here. It’s comfortable,” Chaewon replied without glancing from her script book.

 

Hitomi’s eye lids were closing and she couldn’t fight her sleepiness anymore. Soon, she climbed onto the bed and lay next to Chaewon. They both lay there, not saying anything. Chaewon was still studying her script, while Hitomi was trying to sleep with her eyes open.

 

“What are you reading?” she asked, as she peeked at Chaewon’s script.

 

“My drama script. They gave the script to the pilot episode in our first meeting. I have to get into the character before filming starts.”

 

“Oooh, interesting. What is your role?”

 

Chaewon glanced at her side and their eyes met. She chuckled.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“From this distance, you look like a real bread. I feel like biting your cheek.”

 

Hitomi hit Chaewon’s arm. But the latter laughed even more.

 

“So what is your role in the drama?” asked Hitomi again.

 

Chaewon stopped laughing and continued, “I’m the second lead female character. She appears tough and mean but she’s actually sensitive and soft-hearted inside. She fell in love with a person she never thought she would and tried to deny her feelings.”

 

“That’s… interesting. So what happens in the end? Will she accept her feelings for the person or continue to deny it?”

 

“I don’t know. They only gave us the script for the pilot episode.”

 

Chaewon continued to study her script while Hitomi’s face was getting closer to hers as she peeked the content of her script.

 

“I know you love me,” said Hitomi abruptly.

 

Chaewon turned her head at her, puzzled.

 

“What the hell, bread face? You have feelings for me?”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter