Chapter 10

INVISIBLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

invisible

Chapter Ten

 

 

Chaewon firmly gripped Hitomi’s right arm as they strolled the streets together. Hitomi was far from feeling sleepy with the taller girl glued to her. She was standing so close to her until she could feel the warmth emitting from her body. Or maybe it was herself, blushing.

 

As they walked, they soon reached a building with a signage, Daehan Cinema. It was the infamous cinema complex at Chungmuro Street, the building that was built since 1955 and had been restored in 2001. It is now a large movie theatre complex with state of the art seats and sound system.

 

“Let’s watch a movie!” Chaewon suddenly suggested.

 

“A movie?”

 

“Yes! It’s been a while since I went to an open place like this. Let’s go there!” said Chaewon, excitedly dragging Hitomi towards the large movie theater.

 

Hitomi couldn’t protest as the invisible girl dragged her towards the building.

 

 

**

 

“What movie are we going to watch?” asked Hitomi. She reached her bag to get her purse.

 

Chaewon looked at her weirdly, “What are you doing?”

 

“I’m going to buy us tickets. How else are we going to watch a movie then?”

 

Chaewon let out a pretentious laugh, “Ha. Ha. Ha.”

 

“Bread face, why are you so naïve? I thought people like you only existed in text books and public service announcements.”

 

“Hey, I don’t think that’s a compliment…”

 

“Just keep your purse in your bag. Today’s movie is on me. Just pick a movie and I’ll get us inside.”

 

Hitomi raised her eyebrows, “It’s your treat? This is so fishy. Why are you being so nice all of the sudden? I’m still not going to agree to the physical connection…”

 

Chaewon scoffed, “Bread face, physical connection? Oh my god.”

 

“Now that I think about it, you’re the one who keeps bringing it up. Are you by any chance, regretting your rejection of my offer-

 

She didn’t manage to finish her sentence when her left foot was stomped by something heavy and hard.

 

She looked down, and saw Hitomi’s foot on her left foot.

 

“OWWWWW!”

 

“I’ve told you not to bring it up again!”

 

“But you’re the one who mentioned it first!”

 

“Be-Because you’re suddenly being nice and it’s suspicious!”

 

Chaewon was limping on one foot as she retorted, “Nothing is suspicious about it! I just want to take you to movies to thank you!”

 

“Thank me?”

 

Chaewon bit her lip and looked away, ignoring the question.

 

Hitomi’s lip crept up, suppressing her smile.

 

“Okay fine, since you let me choose the movie, I want to watch cartoons.”

 

“Cartoons?”

 

“Geez, how old are you?”

 

“Cartoons are not just for kids!”

 

“Nah, let’s watch something more adult like…”

 

Hitomi scoffed, “I don’t want to watch that! You said that I can pick any movie!”

 

“I didn’t expect you to pick a cartoon! Oh come on, there’s no way we’re gonna watch that.”

 

 

**

 

 

Chaewon was the one who laughed the loudest in the movie hall. She even beat the kids.

 

“Oh my gosh he was so stupid!” she said, nudging Hitomi who was sitting next to her.

 

“Look who’s enjoying the childish cartoon now…” Hitomi murmured.

 

However, Chaewon didn’t hear her as she was so immersed in watching the movie. Hitomi glanced at Chaewon, and she couldn’t help but smile. It was the first time she’d seen Chaewon like this. It was like her inner-child had been unleashed.

 

Hitomi leaned her back against her seat, though it was a bit difficult since her arm was still linked with Chaewon’s. They had to stay invisible, since Chaewon didn’t even pay for the entrance ticket. Even though Hitomi was protesting her idea of not paying, Chaewon dragged her into the hall and they sat at the vacant seats anyway.

 

While Chaewon was enjoying the movie so much, Hitomi couldn’t even stay awake. She only slept for less than 3 hours and now her eyelids were closing as the movie progressed. And soon she fell asleep.

 

Chaewon gasped as the movie changed to the scene where the main character had to separate from his family. It was a touching scene. She tried so hard to not to let the tears fall from her eyes. But soon it did. She quickly wiped it before Hitomi noticed.

 

“I think this theatre is dusty, there’s something in my eyes…” she said, wiping her eyes.

 

Suddenly, she felt a weight on her right shoulder.

 

She turned to look at her side.

 

Hitomi fell asleep.

 

With her head on her shoulder.

 

Chaewon scoffed, “Geez bread face, are you serious? Who sleeps in the cinema?”

 

She lifted her left hand and was ready to flick the sleeping girl’s forehead.

 

“You think my shoulder is a pillow?” she mumbled.

 

Her finger was on her forehead.

 

But she didn’t flick it.

 

Instead, she stared at Hitomi’s face.

 

She wasn’t sure how long it had been, but she couldn’t seem to take her eyes off her. The lights were switched on and the ending song echoed in the hall. She didn’t even know how the story ended.

 

“What the-

 

Chaewon looked away and shook her head.

 

She bit her lip.

 

And then she glanced at Hitomi again.

 

She reached into her bag and took out a black marker pen.

 

 

**

 

 

“Ahh, I fell asleep. How was the movie?” Hitomi asked as they wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter