Chapter 5

Let Them Know

True to his words, Lucas had spent his free time visiting Yuqi, making sure that she's recovering. It baffles her how he can leisurely walk in the hospital as if he was not scolded by his company for releasing such statement. Although, she had a plan about asking him about what happened during the live conference, his casualness made her doubt whether he knew that every movement he made was shown nation-wide.

 

Since Lucas is currently recovering, he always have free time, meaning, he's always with her. Of course, there were a lot of times when her members would visit her and often they would catch them chatting and having fun together and that usually leads to endless teasing. It's not just her, though. By this time, Lucas is already close enough to the girls that even he is not safe from all the embarrassing situations.

 

Today is no different from that.

 

"Lucas, I never thought you were this serious." Minnie started.

 

"About what?" Yuqi asks as she chews the food fed to her by the eldest, looking at Minnie with curious eyes. Lucas turns towards the Thai with a similar expression as soon as he heard his name.

 

"I was referring to Lucas, wasn't I?" 

 

Yuqi rolls her eyes as she drinks her juice. Luckily, the guy in question quickly recovers and asks her the same question.

 

"About the conference. You said you love Yuqi."

 

Yuqi chokes on her food, immediately downing what was left from her drink, coughing right after. Lucas's eyes widen, shock painted in his features.

 

Everybody rushes towards the patient, patting her back to ease her coughing fit.

 

"Of... Of course.... I.... I... I am... I am serious." Lucas stutters.

 

"Oh! You hesitated." The maknae teases. "Right in front of Yuqi!"

 

This only worsen Lucas's situation. What he's saying doesn't make sense at all. It almost sounds like he's not speaking any human language anymore. It almost sounds like he's turning into a cave man.

 

"Aww, he's shy. Why? You haven't told her yet?" Soojin added much to the two injured persons' dismay.

 

The teasing continues for a few more moments until Soyeon decided that the love birds have enough. Thank goodness, both artist are out of the situation. These are the times when Yuqi wonders if her members knew that she just had an accident.

 

Then, it was time for the girls to go. Soyeon already has a song in the making for their next comeback and the group is working hard for it. That leaves Lucas alone with Yuqi. Finally!

 

They share a comfortable silence until Lucas decides to sit beside her with his body towards her. She looks at him apologetically and recieves a a breath of laugh as a reply. He reaches for a stray hair that's covering her face, still sporting a soft smile. Tracing the side of her face, Lucas is able to meet her eyes and few seconds later they released a soft giggle.

 

"It's true, you know?" He whispers. "I love you, Song Yuqi."

 

Yuqi catches her breath. Her heart beats faster by the second and an uncontrallable smile forms on her lips. Oh how good it is to finally hear it. How good it is to finally tell her. 

 

"Lucas, can you help me with something?" She asks. Lucas looks at her taken aback. Way to ruin the mood. Of course he wouldn't tell her that but his curiousity made him raise his brow in question.

 

She instructed him to get a letter that is tucked in a notebook by her bedside table.

 

"Can you read it for me so I can know if there's anything to change before I post it in my fan cafe?"

 

Of course he read it. Some parts, he needed a little time to properly read the korean words that he was not at all too familiar with. Then, when he was nearing the end of the letter he suddenly stops and looks at her with wide eyes. Yuqi raises one of her brow asking him to continue but he didn't. Instead, he takes her hand and kisses it. 

 

"You know you have to read everything." She said.

 

"No, tell me this. With your own voice."

 

She softly looks at his eyes and with sincerity she finally tells him as she lets him kiss her forehead.

 

"I love you too, Wong Yukhei."


 

The next three days were hectic for both of the artist. Meetings had to be attended from both of the companies. Yes, they got nagged but it was already expected. The most important thing was they fought. They fought for the statement they released, they fought for each other, and the fought for themselves. Besides, they are strongly supported by their members, their labelmates, their fellow idols, and their fans. 

 

Today is a very special day. Aside from the fact that both Cube and SM had released a statement of their approval of the relationship of their artists - gaining lots of praises from the people - Yuqi is scheduled to be release at this very moment. Of course, her boyfriend is there to fetch her and take her back home to her family in China. Hearing the title as Yuqi's boyfriend makes Lucas grin like a madman.

 

"What are you smiling about?" Yuqi asks as soon as she sees him. She is still not fully recovered so she has to use the wheel chair. She insisted on just using a crutch but everyone around her disagreed.

 

"Well, that's because I'm happy to have you in my life." He answers as he kiss her temple, pushing the wheel chair towards the parking lot.