Satisfied

Their Private Life (Park Minyoung x Kim Jaewook)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two of them went back inside the woodshop, Jaewook right behind Minyoung. They took their places and the director asked them to start their dialogue whenever they're ready. Jaewook immediately noticed how the woman got into character so quickly, as if nothing had transpired between them just moments ago.

"Director Gold," she spoke, her eyes still a bit red from her tears earlier. "I didn't want to ask you," her voice quivered. "I really didn't want to ask you, but..."

Jaewook intently looked at his on-screen partner as she paused to find her words. She finally looked up to meet his gaze and asked, "What was so hard... about being in a fake relationship with me?"

The weight of her words resonated within him again, and once more, he struggled to distinguish Ryan's feelings from his own. He stared at her, thinking about how he should be thankful that they're back to being friends now in real life, but his heart knew it wanted so much more than that.

"Did you hate it that much?" He heard her ask, snapping him out of his reverie. He blinked and put his hands in his pockets before answering, "Yes."

"Yes, Minyoung-ah. I sound like a lovesick teenager but yes, I hate being in this fake relationship with you," he thought as he looked at Minyoung, who was crying once again.

"What did you hate so much about it?" She desperately asked, barely speaking clearly through her tears.

"How I wish I could tell you why..."

"I didn't call you everyday, right?"

"I wish you would..."

"I didn't ask for us to meet a lot either..."

"I wish we could have..."

"All you had to do was...pretend for a short moment," she sniffed. "Was it that hard for you? Did you hate it that much?"

"It's been hard on me ever since I started falling for you..."

"It made my heart flutter and I was happy though," she sounded like she had given up.

"Sadly, only Deokmi can say that, and I will never hear those words from you Minyoung-ah..."

She looked up, ready to lash out at him, "Why was it so har--"

"Because it was fake," he admitted to himself that it was already Jaewook speaking right now, and not just Ryan. He held his eye contact with Minyoung, silently wondering if the girl will ever understand the truth.

At the back of his mind, he still remembered he was filming. Keeping his gaze, he slowly walked towards her, never losing sight of her. When he was a few inches away from her face, he said, "I hated it because it was fake."

A lone tear fell from Minyoung's eye, and he poured all his sincerity into his words as he said, "Because I wanted to date you for real."

He brought his left hand up to her cheek and slowly leaned in, closing the gap between the two of them. "I've been wanting to do this again, Minyoung-ah. It's hard to hide what I truly feel when I always see you..." He reluctantly pulled away from the kiss, unsure whether he's already crossing lines or not. But as he looked through her eyes, seeing the girl he had always cared for since this project started, he knew this might be the only time he can kiss her like this.

"I'm not letting this moment go to waste," he thought as he swooped in to cradle her face with his hands, and he captured her lips once more, passionately kissing her much more than he did the first time. Their lips moved in synchrony, and it felt perfect. The moment was perfect.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter