The First (Ep. 5-6)

Their Private Life (Park Minyoung x Kim Jaewook)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minyoung unlocked her phone to check the news and her social media feed. She had just finished showering and was now getting ready to sleep. She smiled at how well Her Private Life was being received and loved by many. A lot of people actually like the chemistry between her and Jaewook, and she'll be lying if she didn't see that they make a good pair too. Thinking about it, Jaewook is such a gentleman, and even though it took him a while to be comfortable with her, nowadays they can talk to each other about anything on the set.

She has heard it from many people before--reporters, fellow actors, and fans had always told her how she seems to become close with her on-screen partners very quickly. It's true. Maybe because she's been doing this for quite some time now that she knows how a pair's comfort level with each other contributes so much to the scenes they film. That's why almost always, she makes the first move to get to know her counterparts in whatever drama she's filming. She's thankful that everyone she had worked with in the past still remain good friends with her.

Suddenly, a notification popped up at the top of her screen as she was scrolling through her Instagram. To her surprise, that notification came from someone she least expected.

jaeuck.kim is now following you

Not even a minute after, she received a message from the same person.

jaeuck.kim:
so it's not deokmi,
not minyoung, not ray-chel,
but 뤠이첼 (Rway~chel) right? ㅋㅋㅋ

She giggled as soon as she read it.

rachel_mypark:
I'm not as fancy as Ry~an! ㅋㅋ
oppa i didnt take you as
someone who uses SNS
 

jaeuck.kim:
yah I'm not ancient you know.
I can use these stuff too!

rachel_mypark:
sure~ ㅋㅋ


jaeuck.kim:
okay you're probably going to sleep now, so I'll see you tomorrow!

rachel_mypark:
Okay ㅎㅎ see ya!

jaeuck.kim:
Sleep well :)

 

Minyoung smiled as she put her phone down. She didn't know what that exchange meant, but she was happy with this new connection they have.

 

---


"So Jaewook, you'll be apologizing for snapping at Deokmi, and she will say sorry for entering your house without your permission as well," the director explained. "After Minyoung says her lines, you'll quickly swoop in for a kiss, okay? But you will actually just be kissing your left thumb."

Jaewook nodded. He was honestly terrified about how this will go. It wasn't going to be a real kiss just yet, but it would still be his first kiss with her. He can't help but feel uneasy about it.

"Oppa," Minyoung got his attention. "You look so serious, are you okay?" She asked as he sat beside him.

"Yeah," he replied. "I'm just not sure how I should do the scene just yet."

She smiled softly and said, "You'll be fine. Our director's gonna guide us through it, so you don't have to worry, okay?" She reassured him, and he responded with a nod.

Rehearsals began and they practiced their lines a couple of times before they attempted the almost-kiss. It was tough to figure out at which angle they would film it so that it looked like their lips were really touching.

After the first few tries, they looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter