watch you sleep

I fell in love in december
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Morning.’’ Ryujin said, clearing a little when she heard the rasp in her own voice. She went to straighten up, only to find the weight of Yeji soft and still and soundly asleep curled up on top of jer, fingers curled tightly in Ryujin’s t-shirt. Ryujin smiled a little, turning and carding her fingers delicately through Yeji’s hair. 

“Hey.’’ Yeji made a soft, mumbled grumble of protest, burrowing further into Ryujin’s neck. “What time is it? Do we have to get up?”

“Not yet.” Ryujin said, her back with her fingertips slowly. “But soon, we have to go to class.’’

Yeji hummed, shuffling a little closer. “I don't want to.” she said into Ryujin’s shoulder, trying to cuddle in closer. “I'm so tired Ryu, I feel like I've been run over by a truck.’’

“Me neither, but we have to go.’’ she said, even as Yeji’s warmth felt more and more comforting at her side. 

“Ryujin.’’

“Yeji.’’

“Lets ditch classes today.” Yeji said with a yawn. “I'm kidding.” She adds grinning after Ryujin gave her a look. “Unless I can convince you, then I'm not kidding.”

“You're kidding.”

“But why? I'm tired and I'm pretty sure I look ugly.’’ Yeji pouted.

“That's what you get for doing a Brooklyn 99 marathon at 12:00 pm and then showing up at my door at 5:00 am saying that you're cold.’’ she smirked. “And you dont look ugly, idiot. You look... um.... you look... you know...’’

“What? Do I look bad?” Yeji questioned teasingly clearly knowing what the girl was trying to say. 

“No, that's not what I was going to say.’’ she replied. “You look, um… not ugly.” she was becoming tongue tied and flustered and Yeji was enjoying every bit of it. 

“Why are you stuttering?’’ Yeji laughed nudging the girl softly with her elbow. “Are you okay?’’ 

“I'm not- I'm not stuttering!’’ Ryujin shyly mumbled. “It's just that... um my brain doesn't work in the morning.’’ 

“Your brain never works, Ryu.’’

“Get out of my room.” Ryujin joked pointing at the door. “Now.”

“No!” Yeji whinned hugging ryujin tightly. “I don’t want to.” 

 “Yes you want to.” Ryujin said peeling her arms off her.

 “No." She says gently tackling Ryujin down placing her face on her chest. “Let me sleep, dummy.’’ 

“I have to take a shower Yeji and you too.’’ Ryujin said. "You smell like a swamp.’’ 

“Ryujin!’’ 

“Yeji!’’ 

“Idiot.’’  

“I'm kidding, but we have to get ready now.’’ 

“Please just a few minutes more.’’ 

“It's late and we have to eat and get dressed.’’ she said softly.

“No.’’ Yeji grumbled, hiding herself even further. She pulled at the blanket around her, wrapping it even more snugly.

“You're not hungry?’’ 

“I'm cold.’’  Yeji answered. 

“We can eat something warm.’’ Ryujin told her. “Come on, let's go.’’ 

“No’’ Yeji whined. “Just a few minutes.’’

“Okay.’’ Ryujin sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter