Jisoo's Got Game

Angel Doughnuts

Lisa scrunched her face. She wasn't sure if she heard that right.

"What did you just say?"

Dalgom chose that time to settle himself beside the angel. Rosie absentmindedly pet the little dog, lost in thought and muttering to herself.

"Yes, yes, we definitely need to ask God for help."

A part of Lisa was wondering if this was part of some elaborate and sick joke. If it was, she'd smack whoever thought it would be funny because it isn't the least bit humorous.

Up in heaven, beyond the clouds, God chuckled. She begged to disagree and silently dared Lisa to come up there and smack her as she watched the events unfold.

"So, we're going to heaven?"

Lisa asked dumbly. Rosie nodded and clapped with excitement, absolutely clueless to Lisa's apprehension.

"Yes! Oh it would be so much fun!"

"Like, heaven, heaven?"

Rosie raised a confused eyebrow at her.

"Well… yes. Do humans not know what heaven is?"

"No, it's…" Lisa waved her hands to dispel Rosie's thoughts. Then she sighed in exasperation and rubbed the bridge of her nose. "I mean, it's just hard to wrap my mind around going to actual heaven."

"Oh, I understand, then!" Rosie clasped Lisa's ahnd with both her own. "But don't worry, we'll be together the whole time." The angel smiled warmly. "And I promise to get you back here safely."

Lisa smiled, comforted by the angel's words. She was still uncertain, but if that's the only solution this angel could think of, then it's really probably the only answer to this whole thing. And Lisa couldn't wait to get this whole debacle over with and get back to work so she can deal with her evil boss.

Ugh. Her boss.

"Okay, then." Lisa touched Rosie's hands. "Guess we're going to heaven."

All the while, the two didn't hear the sound of keys unlocking the door to the apartment, didn't hear the creaking sound of it opening and didn't hear the soft sounds of footsteps.

But they definitely heard Jisoo's loud shriek.

The angel, the human, and the poor dog all jumped in surprise.

"WHAT THE FUU--"

And then Jisoo fainted.

"Jisoo!"

 

 


 

 

When Jisoo came to, she heard muffled voices first. She identified one as Lisa and the other voice was unfamiliar to her.

She heard Dalgom's panting, too. It was really loud and really close, so she figured he was lying down beside her head.

Jisoo opened her eyes slowly. At first, everything was white and blinding. Jisoo squinted and allowed her eyes to adjust. There was a glow in the room that was causing the unbalanced brightness in it. But everything settled and Jisoo was able to make out two figures standing in front of each other. One was her roommate, Lisa.

And the other was a blonde girl who had wings.

Jisoo rubbed her eyes.

Huh?

Lisa saw Jisoo move from her peripheral.

"Jisoo unnie! You're awake!"

Unnie? Lisa never called her that unless the younger girl did something wrong or has a favor to ask of her. Also, does the other girl really have wings? It looked far too realistic to be a costume.

"Okay, unnie, don't freak out."

Lisa held her hands up in front of her in what she probably thought would be a calming gesture. But it only made Jisoo panic a little.

"Unnie, this is going to sound insane, but…" Lisa continued. She spoke slowly to allow Jisoo time to process what she was saying. "Remember the halo I woke up with?" Jisoo looked up at it. Lisa poked it and it tipped to one side. "Well, this halo is hers." Lisa pointed to the blonde girl with wings beside her who gave a little shy smile and a wave. "This is Rosie. She's an angel and this halo is hers."

Jisoo looked at Rosie and stared really hard at her. The angel blushed, feeling the scrutiny.

Jisoo just sighed and shook her head.

"Lisa, the you get into… I swear to God-"

"Oh, please don't swear using God's name."

Rosie interrupted. Jisoo, mouth wide, stopped mid-sentence. The angel blushed when she realized what she'd done. Lisa stepped in to make sure the point doesn't get lost and before the whole thing becomes any weirder.

"Anyways, Jisoo unnie, as you see, we still haven't fixed the whole… situation." Lisa sighed. "So we kind of need to go to heaven and ask God to fix this."

Jisoo felt like she stepped into crazylandia the moment she set foot into her apartment.

"Lisa, this is insane."

"I know, unnie. But it's the only way."

Dalgom Jisoo's hand and she petted him absentmindedly.

"I mean, will an evil idiot like you even be allowed into heaven?"

"I know, I-"

Lisa stopped in her tracks when she realized what Jisoo said. Jisoo just burst out in laughter.

Up in the heavens, God started cackling, too. Jisoo was definitely one of God's favorite humans.

Even Rosie snickered a little bit.

"Unnie," Lisa rubbed her temples. "I know this looks hilarious, but this is a serious problem."

Jisoo smiled softly.

"I know. But it's gonna be fine." Jisoo looked at Rosie and smiled at her, too. "You two are gonna figure this out."

Rosie was a little astonished at how beautiful this human was. Jisoo was so gorgeous, she should have been an angel herself. But Rosie matched Jisoo's comforting smile with one of her own.

"Oh, by the way," Jisoo continued. "Lisa, the chocolate milk I promised you is in my bag. Maybe you can take it with you for your journey to heaven."

Lisa looked at her unnie with tears in her eyes. She and Jisoo may clown around more often than not but Lisa envee doubted how much her unnie cared for her for one bit.

Up in the heavens, God smiled.

"Okay, then." Lisa turned to Rosie. "Let's go to heaven."

 

 


 

 

"Okay so how are we going to do this?" Lisa asked.

She, Rosé, Jisoo, and Dalgom who was in his owner's arms were on the rooftop of the apartment building.

Rosie put a finger to her chin and started thinking.

"I may be able to carry you but it would strain my wings."

Suddenly a lightbulb seemed to go off in Rosie's head.

"Oh I know!"

Rosie held her hand up and the latest Samsung phone appeared in her hand. Jisoo and Lisa looked at her in confusion.

"Jennie unnie only wants me to contact her through Samsung phones because she says we're sponsored by them."

Rosie tried her best to explain and then shrugged. Lisa and Jisoo were only even more confused.

They have smartphones in heaven?

Rosie put the phone on speaker and it rang three times before someone picked up at the other end.

"Rosie!" came the other voice through the speakers. "I'll be there in a second!" and then hung up.

Suddenly there was a gush of wind around them and a bright blinding light. The two humans and the angel without a halo shielded themselves from it all. Jennie descended slowly from the skies. The other angel set foot on the roof and then immediately hugged her friend.

"Rosie!"

Rosie hugged her back, tightly.

"Oh, Jennie! I'm so happy to see you!"

They leaned back from each other. Jisoo and Lisa just watched the exchange with fascination and awe.

"I see your first venture to earth is successful." Jennie's heart swelled with pride. "I struggled with my first time on earth and it was horrible for me, but you got through it so quickly and on your own. I'm so proud of you, Rosie."

Rosie blushed and then beamed.

"Aw, Jen."

Jennie rubbed her friend's shoulder in affection and then looped their arms together, as is usual for them when together.

"So, what do you need help with?"

Rosie nodded towards Lisa.

"So, I found my halo."

Jennie snickered.

"I see that."

"But it's attached to a human. This is Lisa, by the way."

Lisa gave the other angel a small wave. "Hello." Jennie waved back.

"I can see that, too, Rosie."

"And when I take the halo back, it keeps floating back to the top of Lisa's head."

Rosie ended her explanation. Jennie pursed her lips in thought.

"So, the only solution there is left is to go to God and ask for help, is that it?"

Rosie nods.

"Precisely."

"And it would be easier to carry the human if there are two of us."

Rosie nodded shyly.

"Would you please help?"

Jennie smiled.

"Of course!"

 

 


 

 

"Okay, ready?"

Rosie asked as she flapped her wings and hovered. Lisa gulped.

"How is anyone ever going to be ready to be held by the arms by two angels as they fly up into heaven?"

Jennie just smirked from above her.

"You'll be fine, human."

"Easy for you to say." Lisa held up her arms. "But it's now or never, I guess."

Lisa closed her eyes shut and braced for whatever was coming. The two angels each took hold of one arm and flapped their wings harder. The air around them wooshed. Lisa felt her feet lift off the ground and started internally screaming.

Jisoo clutched Dalgom closer to her chest.

"WAIT!"

Jisoo yelled after them. The two angels and the human with the halo looked back towards her and stopped mid-air.

They were already a bit of a distance away and Jisoo started wondering if what she was about to do was okay.

But then realized that this might be her last chance and decided to just go for it.

"Angel!"

Rosie raised her eyebrows and pointed to herself.

"No, not you! The other angel!"

Jisoo screamed. Jennie pointed to herself, confused.

"Yes, you!"

Jennie raised an eyebrow in anticipation of what the other human was going to say. Jisoo pushed herself to just scream it with her whole chest.

"If I buy a Samsung, can I call you? Will you have coffee with me? I like iced americanos! If you prefer tea, I can drink that, too!"

Jennie was taken aback but yelled back a response.

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

"YES!" Jisoo smiled. "Whenever you're free!"

Jennie giggled. Rosie and Lisa just gaped at them.

"Well, I think Spain is nice. Maybe we can go there once the mess with our dummy friends are fixed."

"HEY!" Lisa and Rosie harrumph. Jisoo chuckles.

"Sounds like a plan. Take care."

Jennie winked "bye," and started flapping her wings harder. Rosie matched her force

 Lisa grit her teeth, feeling the wind around her body and held onto the angels tighter. Holy , Jisoo had more guts to ask an angel out than me, she thought.

And off to heaven they went.

 

 


 

 

The telecomms at archanagel Jason's desk buzzed, indicating that God had something to tell him. He immediately pressed 'connect'.

"Yes, Almighty?"

"Jason, dearie, I'm expecting Rosie and Jennie back in a bit. They'll be bringing a human with them."

Jason's eyes went wide.

"I'm sorry, Almighty, did you say they'll be bringing a human?"

God laughed.

"Yes, Jason dear, they will. Please prepare a big and comfortable cloudlevator and have the cherubs welcome them. I bet they would be happy to see the cherubs, Rosie especially."

"Yes, almighty."

Jason didn't understand what was happening, but he wasn't about to question God's wisdom. He ended the call and started making arrangements.