(メ ̄▽ ̄)︻┳═一(41)

Let's Kill Her (Book 1)

Final Chapter of Let's Kill Her.


When I finally open my eyes, my bedroom curtains are drawn and a candle is lit next to my bed. I'm not all that surprised that I slept through the day. I pull back my covers and inspect the bandages on my arms and legs. There are cuts and bruises all over me. As I step out of bed, I wince.

I walk slowly into the common room, everything aching, but the pain is more manageable than I would have thought. Maybe I've just fallen out of so many trees at this point that my body has gotten used to it.

The fire is big and bright and the room feels cozy. But I stop dead in my tracks when I spot Sehun and Sejeong playing cards at the table next to the window.

Sejeong! She puts down her cards and comes right up to me.

We stand there awkwardly for a second and she looks like she wants to give me a hug but she doesn't know how to approach a gesture like that.

"How long have I been out?" I ask, and my voice has a morning roughness to it.

"It's just after eight at night," she says, and starts to lift her arms, but then seems to decide against it and puts them down again.

I would laugh at how awkward she's being right now, but it would hurt my ribs. "Sejeong, if you don't woman up and hug me already, this friendship is off," I finally say, and left an eyebrow.

Her smile widens and she carefully wraps her arms around me, like it's the first hug she's ever given. She's about the same size as Jisoo, and just the thought of Jisoo and Jeongseon makes my heart ache.

"Thank you for saving my stupid brother," she says into my shoulder.

I nod against her head and we stay like that for a couple of seconds.

She releases me and her eyes are teary, but she tries not to let me see. "Let's get you to the couch," she says, and walks next to me in case I need support.

I lower myself slowly onto the cushions. Sehun joins us, and he looks as banged up as I feel. As he sits, we make eye contact. He looks so genuinely happy to see me that my stomach does a quick flip.

"How in the world are you up and about right now?" I ask him, looking at his bandages.

He smiles. "You seriously thought some poison and these little cuts would set me back?"

Sejeong rolls her eyes. "What he means is that he came here so I could play nurse to him and he could wait for you to wake up."

But Sehun doesn't respond with a joke the way he normally would. He just looks at me like he can't believe I'm real.

Sejeong glances from Sehun to me and back again. She clears . "Sohee stopped by to bring you dinner. She asked me to let her know when you woke up," she says, and stands. "So I'm just going to, uh, go do that." It's obvious that she's leaving the room to let us talk, but neither of us tells her not to go.

Sejeong closes the door behind her and Sehun and I are left on the couch. He stares at me, those intense eyes burning into my own.

I sigh. "Kang gave me a choice," I say, not sure how to approach this topic. "She said I could stay here or I could leave. That I'd fulfilled an agreement she made with my dad, so my next step is up to me."

Sehun nods at me like he figured as much. "That makes sense."

"That makes sense to you?" I ask, wrinkling my brow. "It doesn't really make sense to me."

"Well," Sehun says. "Rosé more or less told the entire school who your parents are. And the heroic story of how she saved you - emphasis on heroic. Now she's growling at Taemin every time they pass each other in the hallway."

"Oh," I say, not sure how to process that. "And Jimin?"

"Well, that one's a little fuzzy. Rose's been vague about how he was involved, although I think people already have their suspicions. But everyone knows that Dr. Yoo was vicious. Jimin may have had a grudge against you over what happened with his father, but my guess is that Dr. Yoo had something he was holding over him, just like he used Sejeong's safety to manipulate me."

"I figured as much," I say. "That's why I didn't out him to Kang, even though I'm sure she knows. Speaking of Kang, she also told me that I'm not trained as well as I should be and that I should make alliances. Do you know what she meant by that?"

Sehun smirks. "She meant that while you're good - great, even - you're not ready to navigate the outside Strategia world by yourself. You'll need the help of the Eagles and possibly some of the other Families as well," he says, casually acknowledging that he knows I've decided to leave, even though I haven't told him yet.

I exhale. "I have to go find my dad," I say. "I'd never forgive myself if I didn't and something happened to him." And even though I feel good about my decision, I'm sad, too. I know there's every chance that I'll never see Sehun or Sejeong again.

We're both silent for moment.

"I know," he says.

A lump forms in my throat and I attempt to swallow it down. "Sehun -"

"So when do we leave?" he says briskly, and for a brief second, I think I misheard him.

I stare at him in shock.

"What?" A mischievous smile creeps over his face. "You didn't think I was going to miss out on you single-handedly taking on the Tigers, did you? Besides, it's like the headmaster said: you need alliances."

I don't know whether to kiss him or to cry. "I can't ask you to leave this place you fought so hard to get into and, more importantly, to leave Sejeong."

"Well then, it's a good thing you're not asking and I'm volunteering," he says with a smile.

"I'm serious."

"So am I," he says. "Sejeong and I were always going to lead our Family together, as a team. She's memorized practically every lesson we've ever had here. She'll just fill me in on anything I miss. And with Dr. Yoo gone, she's safer now than she's ever been in this school."

"Okay. But you know there's a high possibility we won't live through it," I say.

"And there's one hundred percent certainty that you won't unless I come with you," he retorts. "You don't know any of the Strategia safe houses in Korea, and you won't find them on your own because they're hidden. Plus, you don't know the first thing about where to get information and who to trust."

So that's what Kang actually meant when she told me I wasn't prepared. "Why, Sehun? Why do this?"

"Do you really need to ask?" His eyes drift down to my lips and my stomach flutters. "Amantes sunt amentes."

Before I can work out the meaning, he smiles. "Lovers are lunatics." He gently pushes his fingers through my hair and pulls me close. For a split second his mouth lingers an inch away from mine and his breath is warm on my lips. My stomach drops like I'm free-falling.

"You ruined our first kiss," I whisper. "Don't mess this one up."

He smiles. "I promise to practice constantly until I get better," he says, and presses his lips onto mine.


I like to thank every single one you guys for reading this more mature fan fiction. I feel like there are a lot of romances stories and not a lot of drama, thriller, and action, so I decided to write one with Bae Suzy and Oh Sehun. The OGs :)

Hope you all enjoy this hell of a ride and wait for my upcoming stories in the future!