SC 3: The Proposal

Home

 

"Congratulations for the successful debut and your first win girls!" Momo said as she hugged her students.


"Gomawo Unnie and congratulations to you too. This win is for you too Unnie..."


"thank you girls."


"Thanks to you Unnie." the girls even bowed to her.


"let's just continue this good performance and everything will be fine for the rest of your promotions."


"Ne Unnie!" 


Momo then let the girls talk to their managers, minutes later, her phone buzzed.


"Satang?"


"Where are you?"


"MBC. The girls just finished and they have their first win Satang! First win!"


"Really? OMG! I should congratulate them later, but for now, you should prepare now. Have you told Mina of your anniv dinner?"


"Yes, she just have an important meeting with PD-nim and Jihyo then I'll pick her up. She said she'll call me to inform me if they're done. How's everything there?"


Another voice then took hold of the phone
"Done with the preparations. Were excited to hear Mina's yes later Momoring." Nayeon said happily


"I am too Unnie. Hope she'll say yes."


"Of course she will! We know how much you two love each other. You dont need such negativity now Momo, arrasseo? Im sure Mina wont say no to you, pabo!" Jeongyeon scold her. 


"Arraseo, gumawo Unnies."


"Now just stay back, relax and be positive. We are all prepared and ready here so there's no space for errors and worries. arrasseo?"


"Thank you guys! See you later."


"Go and prepare for your big day Hirai Momo." Sana commented before ending the call.


She waited till the show finished and accompanied the girls. She's also talking with the girls managers and even ordered them to treat the girls with delicious dinner. Momo is not just a choreographer, she is a senior employee in JYPE and the people handling the girls are all her juniors. She will always have a say when it come to handling the girls well. 


Momo went out of the music station and drove her car to their place. She immediately went to their stockroom, took a chair and pulled something under the neatly stacked towels. 
She checked a black velvet box and the diamond on engagement ring twinkled.


"You'll be placed to your rightful owner's finger later."


She then walked back to their room and changed to her usual jeans, white inside shirt covered with a black suit Mina bought for her. No one except JYP, Sana, Nayeon and Jeongyeon knew about her plan. They never told the maknaes knowing how close they are to Mina. Jihyo also is excluded because she is working with Mina and she might slip. It's already 7 PM and she's about to check on Sana again when Chaeyoung called.


"Unnie....." a crying Chaeyoung said. Momo became worried.


"Chaeng? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"


"Unnie i need your help. Unnie, can you meet me?"


"Wae?"


"A jjinjja mian. I know you'll be meeting Mina Unnie, im sorry. I'll just...."


She looked at the clock. 


"Where are you? Tell me your location and i'll meet you." she starts to worry of her younger member.


"Unnie..." Chaeng cried


"Yah, Son Chaeyoung. Tell me where you are, now!"


Chaeyoung gave her the address. She took her bag, keys and the ring before storming out of their penthouse. 


She tried to call Mina on her way but her girlfriend's phone is off. She just assumed that Mina's still in her meeting and just messaged her.


"Love, I'm sorry if I'll pick you up late. Chaeng called and she's crying. I dont know what's going on but don't worry, Im on my way to check on her and I'll make sure she'll be fine. See you later. Love you!"


After texting Mina, she tried to called Sana,Nayoen and Jeongyeon but the 3 are not answering her. She tried to call Dahyun


"Unnie? Hows your dinner with Mina Unnie?"


"Dubs where are you?"


"I just finished filming a show and on my way home Unnie. Wae?"


"Did Chaengie contacted you?"


"No, wae Unnie?"


"She just called me minutes ago and she's crying. Can you come and check on her too? Im a bit stuck in the traffic."


"OMG. Ok Unnie. Tell me the address and i'll go as soon as i can."


Momo gave Dahyun the address. She then received a call from Mina.


"Love?"

a worried Mina answered Momo.

"Is Chaeng Ok?" 


"Im still on my way to see her. This traffic's killing me!" Momo said and horned for many times.


"Love relax. I just told Jihyo about what's happening. Tell me the address and we'll come. Jihyo's worried also."


"Ok. Who's driving?" 


"the company car's taking us."


"Good. Be careful and tell Jihyo to relax. We'll talk to Chaeng and everythings gonna be fine."


"I hope so. End this call and drive safely Love. See you there. I love you."


"Love you too Mina."


Momo then ended the call and dashed her car to where Chaeyoung is.


Minutes later, she arrived inside a building. She immediately rushed to the place where Chaeyoung is. She dialled Chaeyoung's number. She then saw Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Sana rushing to where she is. She breathe when Chaeyoung answered her call.


"Where are you?"


"Unnie... Im inside the room." a sobbing Chaeyoung answered.


"Don't end this call Son Chaeyoung. Hang on im coming!"


"Unnie..."


"Yah if that idiot boyfriend of yours did something wrong really, you'll see his face broken tomorrow morning Son Chaeyoung. Im not really kidding. He'll be asking for the best doctors to mend his face and bones." Momo seriously said.


Without ending the call, Momo entered a dark room and the moment she's inside, Chaeyoung's line cut. 


"Chaeyoung?!" she called. She tried again but the younger's phone was turned off. 
She then worriedly looked around. Panicking, trying to find the cub but lighted black and white photo of a very familiar person caught her attention. She walked near it and she identified the person on it.


"This is me..."


She then looked around and saw a lot more photos posted on the walls, detailed with when and what event was it taken. She looked at all of it. Memories of her trainee/pre debut days went back. She smiled. The next corner, she saw her photos. During their debut, and also some photos of her during her variety show guestings. 


Then another door opened she entered another room. There she saw group  pictures of her and her members. All from predebut up to their last concert As well as ther stars she worked with. She took some time looking at all of it. Her eyes become teary but held it. 


Then a door opened again. Upon entering, her tears startrd to flow. 


"Yah... What is this?" she just said now she knew who really is she meant to meet.


The room she entered is like a gallery, a summary of her life with her beloved girlfriend. Pictures of her and Mina are on the walls, some are hanged on the ceiling. There's such a caption in every one of it. She saw the handwritting and she confirmed it was hers. Mina's neat hand written captions are on the photos, date, event, and her thoughts.
She went to an old photo of her and Mina taken inside the practice room of the old JYPE building. She is sure it was taken by Sana while they are resting after a very long dance lessons they have. Mina captioned it with:


"Tired, sleepy and exhausted photo of us. This is the oldest photo i retrived from Misamo's old external drive. I, being the newcomer needs to adjust and learn alot to catch up with everyone and you took the responsibility in helping me. You were my personal trainer Unnie and taught me everything i should learn. You went home late for me and you sacrificed a lot of sleep just for me to caught up with everyone. You help me a lot and it kills me when you were eliminated during sixteen. I cant accept the fact that it hurts so much. Good thing PD-nim put you back to where you really belong and its with us, with Twice. Thank you for staying strong after all of the challenges you've been through. Thank you for staying with us no matter how harsh the world is to you. Thank you for being with us especially with me. Thank you, Love."


Momo cant stop her tears. She kept on wiping it using her hands and even how using her suit. 


"Woah, why are you doing this to me Myoui?"


She then looked and read at the other photos. She then went to a black and white photo of her and Mina. She laughed upon seeing it. It remind her so much and she thanked Sana so much for it. Its the photo taken during their "Pepero Kiss" incident. She can even see Sana's hand in the photo.Mina captioned it with:


"Pepero Kiss: i should give credits to Satang for this one. I may not told you this personally coz i'm shy but i know you have an idea already, this is the first time my world stops for you Love. This is the time i really comfirmed that i am in love with you. That you are more than an Unnie and a friend to me. This is the time i started to feel scared coz i saw you, you are not that affected and even teased me with Nayeon Unnie. I'm so scared that i kept my heart shut, ignore and deny the feelings i have for you. I felt scared scared to that you're not feeling the same way. That you'll stay away from me if i'll tell you about it. That our bond and friendship will vanish because of my feelings for you. Plus i saw how you treat the other members, you treat them the same way you treat me, that leads me to think that im not that special. That were all the same younger sisters and members for you. But you prove me wrong, Love. You prove me wrong."


Momo just shook her head. 


"If you really knew how hard i tried not to blush and cover myself during that time Mitang. Im just thankful Nayeon Unnie distracted me. But you will always be more than special to me. Im sorry if it took me so long to gather all the courage i need to tell you how much i love you. I just hope i am giving you all the love and happiness you deserve Mitang. Hope i am still proving you wrong, my love."


Then she move on. A lot more photos of them was posted. Like the time during she is sick and Mina took care of her. The time they were sleeping cuddling together in the couch. Their late night dates. Their anniversary pictures or just the selfies they have on their phones.


Momo then saw another memorable photo of her and Mina. It was captioned shorter than the other captions but she still remember clearly the happenings during that night. It is caption with:


"The Confession : The day you offically become mine and me yours."


After reading the caption the lights turned off and a soft music starts to play. From upstairs, she saw all her members waving at her. 


"Unnie!" the younger members said

"Momoring!" the remaining members call her.


"We are having a long talk later Son Chaeyoung!" she just said and sniff. 


The girls just laughed at her.


Then Mina, wearing a suit just like her approached her with a bouquet of flowers in hand.


"You..." Momo just said. 


"before anything else, i would like to apologize for the scenario we created a while ago. I'm sorry Love we just need to do it for this surprise to be a success. Please accept these flowers as an apology."


"Apology accepted but please dont do that act again. Please."


"Promise we wont."


"And we should talk to PD-nim. Let's sign in Chaeyoungie as a JYP actress. I admit, she did the best job in deceiving me. I really thought someone hurt her I'm ready to break someone's bones a while ago, really."


Momo laughed and wiped her tears.She then looked at Mina. 


"Happy anniversary love." 


"Love, i need to something tell you."


"Anything im ready to listen unless its about breaking up."


"Ani, i wont do that."


"Ok, proceed."


Mina looked at the girls in her team and they just signed fighting to her. She then looked at Momo again.


"Love, happy anniversary. Its been two years. We've been through a lot of challenges in our relationship. We've been  through a lot of criticisms. But you still fought for us. You never stopped loving me. You never though of leaving me. You've been my pillar of support and unending supply of happiness. You gave not just me but also the people around us reasons to smile and be thankful of what we are having. And i am very much thankful that i have you in my life. Love, you gave me the strength to live my life the way i wanted. You gave me the courage to face every challenge we've been through and we'll be having. You gave me the happiness no one can ever gave me. You complete me and i know i do complete you too. So today, in this special day of our life, i want us to celebrate more. But we can only celebrate more if you'll answer me with a Yes."


Without taking her eyes from Momo, with a trembling hand, Mina took a black velvet box inside her pocket, kneeled in from of Momo and opened the said box and asked:


"Hirai Momo, will you spend the rest of you life with me? Love, will you marry me?"


Momo cried so much. And in Mina's shook, Momo also kneeled in front of her, took her own velvet box, opened it and asked:


"Myoui Mina, I've planning to propose to you too but you planned a bigger proposal surprise for me. So Love, will you give me the pleasure to be with you forever? Love, will you marry me too?"

Now, its Mina's turn to cry. They just smiled at each other. No words were heard. Only the couple's sobs and sniffs. Mina took the ring Momo's holding and put it on saying:


"Yes, i want to spend the rest of my life with you, Hirai Momo."


Momo then did what Mina do and said:


"Yes, i'll give you the pleasure to be with me forever."


The couple then sealed their engagement with a kiss.


They hugged each other and looked up to where their members are and smiled


"Chukahae!" they all said while giving the couple a thumbs up.


"I love you so much Hirai Momo."


"I love you so much Myoui Mina."


And they kissed again ignoring their member's giggles and applause!


FLASHBACK 
SOME HOURS AGO:


Mina looked around, they were inside an art gallery Chaeyoung's friend owned. They were preparing for almost a week just to finish everything. Even her and Jihyo would tookundertime and make an alibi of attending a meeting just to finish everything on time.  Today is the day, As soon as she's contented with the set up, and called Chaeyoung.


"Ready Chaeng?" 


"Do i really need to do this Unnie? How about Dahyun Unnie?"


"Momo Unnie will never believe me Chaeng, we all know that. She'll just think im pranking her." Dahyun said.


After calling Momo. Jihyo, Dahyun and Mina applaud the cub for her brilliant acting skills.


"Bravo! Bravo!" Dahyun said and hugged Chaeng


"you should act with Nayeon Unnie or Sana Unnie, Chaeng." Tzuyu


"i never thought you can act like that Chaeyoung-ah. Ah jjinjja, i'll tell the company to give an acting job." Jihyo said. Cheyoung just frown.


Mina just tapped the cub's shoulder and smiled.


"Wait, should we call the other Unnies?" Tzuyu said


"Knowing Momo Unnie, im sure she'll messaging the others now." Dahyun


"I think so. She messaged me already." Mina said and let the others read Momo's message.


After some minutes, she called Momo and they talked about what's happening. They all then walked to their positions living Mina downstairs, walking back and forth, being serious.


Almost an hour later, Momo arrived and the other girls trailing behind her. the school meal club fetch and explain everything to then. 


"What? Momo planned to propose to Mina too!" Nayeon


"So it is really meant to happen coz whoever may propose, this day will always end as  Mimo being engaged." Jihyo


"Aigoo. They really are meant to be." Sana


"Unnie kaja, we cant miss the happenings inside!"


The Unnie line went with the maknae line and they witnessed how MiMo both asked each others hand for marriage. They all end up crying and hugging each other as the couple revealed their engagement rings they are wearing. Then they all rushed downstairs to hugged and congratulate the two.

 

 

 

Later that night, after 2 years Twicetagram updated with 2 photos. One, a photo of Mimo happily showing everyone their engagement rings and 2. A photo of the couple with the members reacting to their engagement. Jihyo who posted the photo captioned it with:


"These idiots both prepared engagement rings, secret teams and proposal events and ended up proposing to each other. To the future Mrs. and Mrs. Myoui-Hirai, as to what they agreed, congratulation on your engagement! We are as much excited as you are with this new chapter of your lives. Always stay together and be our happy/loving/annoyingly sweet MiMo couple forever. We all love you. Congatulations!


P.S. - Chaeng did most of the deed here. We commend her for an oscars for the act well done! Best actress of Twice!