6th

From day one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6

The revelation

 

 

"So that girl is coming back here again, and you've been actively communicating with each other while I'm here, having no single clues that that friend of yours is the one that you've been treating last month when she was sick?", Jessica asked the girl in front of her, gaining a nod

"How's she anyways?", Krystal shrugged, "Really? You keep things from me now I see"

"How am I supposed to know Jess? She's avoiding me... like she used to do"

"For Pete's sake, I wouldn't expect you would be able to talk to her when I knew she was coming back in town, at least not this soon", When she said she was confused, she meant she really was. Those old day's drama of Soojung wasn't in her best self for months wasn't really something to be remembered. That time was hell for her family either.

"Why? Cause you know I used to like her back?"

"Is that a problem for you if I think so?"

"No... I mean... yes", Krystal walks in front of her back and forth, "Okay, fine, yes. I thought that both of us actually getting. And now it just seems like she's pulling away"

Jess hummed while she's watching her sister from her bed, "Have you ask her?

"Yes, and she said 'oh everything is fine'", think about that, Krystal did confront her once when they accidentally met in a well-known cafe near her company. The girl simply told her that she was deactivating all of her accounts. Krystal wouldn't buy that though

"What makes you think it isn't?"

"Because she's acting like a complete jackass, she even blocking my number!", "The point is, I don't understand why she's acting like this... I mean what did I do?"

Jessica would be lying right now if she didn't catch what could actually the younger girl feel now. It was just a hunch for her to keep for herself, at least for now, she wrapped her mind, "Well maybe the question is what didn't you do"

"What do you mean?"

"We both know when she was leaving she has clearly said", Jess rubbed her head at her mistake, "well I mean, wrote to you that she liked you", Krystal baffled at the possible reasoning

"Well, maybe?. Maybe, also, she's not there anymore. Could ever think of that?"

"And why does it bothers you?"

"Yea, of course, it bothers me"

"Why?"

"Because she's supposed to be my friend, she's not supposed to be... all smitten"

"Why is it complicated?"

"You know why it's complicated"

 

Jess sighed this time, unable to believe her little sister would be this clueless of her own feelings, "Krys, what are you really scared of? That she won't be waiting for you? or that she could actually will?"

 

*****

 

"Hyung, please, let's go home, oh? It's late already, don't you remember I'll have practice early in the morning"

"Amber, it's not even 12 yet, you know how stressful the night is for me right now"

"Hyung, I'd loved to accompanying you drinking now, but avoiding your fiance wouldn't be the best solution for your problems. I'm actually in the mood to lay my in my bed now"

His red face does really makes him looks like a fool, begging her to stay despite his job as her manager. However, Eunwoo does really consider her as his little dongsaeng that he beginning to brag her into his personal life now. He was fighting with his fiance, Sana, early in the night before he called for his artist to come and fetch him. Not that Amber felt bothered, she cares for him more than anyone else. He's like the only family that left for her.

However, he looked disappointed as Amber told him to stop drinking, but Amber has waited for him long enough already. His drunk could pay for her tomorrow, for now, he needs to find a place to crash, and that is Amber's place.

"Come on, get up. Don't wanna Sana unnie to beat me into pulp for making her fiance drunk this hard"

"No, Sana only thinks about herself", Amber rolled her eyes, he's surely drunk, She slapped his cheeks lightly to wake him up.

Here is a guy whose face could attract many women and that he has the chance to be an idol, but he decided to be a manager instead. His life is much simpler that Amber sometimes afraid of losing him as her manager just because of how simple things will be if it's handled by him. A professional guy, indeed, with a lot of capabilities and talents, whose unfortunately his life and moods only depend on his partner.

Amber could only laugh over his whipped , but she also laughs at herself as she can perfectly picture herself as the whip guy if ever someone could be hers.

"Besides, you also avoiding someone, the last time I check", here it is, the spiteful liquid works on him

"Well, in my case, she's not my fiance, she's somebody else's fiance", that topic is really sensitive for her nowadays that it brings a frown to her face. "And that's what makes me better than you, now come on get up we head to my place"

"Better than me? You're a coward Amber, we both know it", Eunwoo scoffed

"Integrity took ahold of myself better than my desire for her. I would never stoop so low to chase after a girl who's about to marry, Hyung, you should've known that", Amber slumped her shoulders, giving up. Join him as she takes a shot of soju in one go rig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter