1st

From day one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1

Enigmatic Specimen

 

          Krystal was coming back home with nothing but wonder in her mind. She was just too caught up with the newfound information about her friend, well not really her friend, the said one was merely a girl who happened to be a student in the same school as her. Not that she mind calling her “a friend” but she was just too passionate about hating the bouncy-haired girl. To say that Krystal doesn’t like her is an understatement. She was just deeply loathed such a rude, uncivil, disrespectful, unmannerly student like Amber.


          Well, who didn’t know Amber anyway, the ever so powerful and untouched Amber who usually picking on the weak students like the freshmen in their school was often being the topic of the school’s gossips. Amber has been a constant attendee of the teacher’s disciplinary room despite her surprisingly good grades, which somehow irritated Krystal more. She thought of the reality a bit unfair to her since she has always been doing the right thing to have those perfect grades, while Amber, well, she could do the equation formulas in the class she had rarely attended. Her bad attitude of bullying people was what annoyed Krystal the most, there was this one time when Krystal defending one of her victims, only to get ignored by the tomboy after all her tantrums front of the class. Above all, she was not an Amber was never been one’s favorite. 


          Being the brilliant student Krystal was, she has been well aware that she supposed to ignore such distraction which could possibly ruined her study. Instead, she was trying to pay attention more to her friends, all the lessons or that new student who looked a lot like a member from EXO was worth more attention. Therefore, the brunette only shrugged the distractions off and continued her reading in her room, even though her mind wandered around to that afternoon when she caught the tomboy girl doing things Krystal believe the tomboy couldn’t have the heart to.


          It was all started when she was going to a cafe with her group of friends. The sudden rush of mood swing got into Krystal the moment her eyes laid on the tomboy girl in the corner of the room. She was sitting and reading a book, with her mom; ; in which she concluded was Amber’s mom. Yes, her mom. Krystal initially was annoyed the first time she saw her irritating face. Yet, one thing Krystal sure was the major shock for her, it was how Amber managed to smile without looking very sarcastic, or cocky just like she usually did. The gentle nudge to her mom every time she found an interesting line in her book was a very rare scene she witnessed.

 

          Without her realizing, that evening she beginning to look in the new perspective about the girl. Thought it was only crushed the following days Amber did the same ridiculous things she usually did. Yet, little did Krystal know, she began to crave more about these layers that she wanted to peel from the girl.

 

          Being a constant observer Krystal has been towards the other since that day, made her notice everything that she did especially in the school. She began to be more aware of the sarcastic words the tomboy about to pull to anyone who passes in her way, That weird socks that guy always wore, the over-do make up Krystal's friend has been constantly put into her face (which was horrible, as for Krystal), and the y attitude of one of their classmates whose antics was annoyed the hell out of the whole class. Although most of the time her comments were very offensive, unacceptable, and that she tended to over-do it, Krystal couldn’t help but silently agreed on most of it. It was in a way, just like correcting other people’s mistakes, though Krystal knew Amber supposed to reflect on herself as well.


          However, Krystal's attention has verged into the newfound fact about the new boy who looked like an EXO member from another class. The boy named Jongin had developed a crush on her and had been very blunt about his whole-courting-things to the beautiful girl. This has been a warm topic among the students in the school since. It was easy for everyone to notice how the two young students were being matched by their respective friends through planned double dates and meetings.

          Being a young and inexperienced girl she was, Krystal just felt the pleasure about getting someone so cute developed an interest to her. Thus, she easily opened herself to the cute boy, despite the fact that she wasn't very sure about her feeling towards him. And by that, the curiosity about Amber had slowly faded.

 


          It was that Friday evening as Jongin walked her home when they bumped into Amber; in which just enjoyed her walk with her mom as well. Krystal noticed how different her mom was, then. Ifthe woman she saw in that café looked very energetic, pretty, and healthy, the woman that she saw that Friday night was nowhere to that, she was scrawny, pale, and sitting wearilyin her wheelchair. The fact that she covered her hair with a bandana made Krystal grew her suspension, Amber’s mom might suffer an illness, she thought. On the other hand, it seemed like Amber has watched them both looking at her, but pretended not to know them at all,


          The next day in school was a very thrilling day for Krystal since out of nowhere, Amber appeared in front of her and dragged her into a janitor room in which room was too small for them to move. That was the first time Amber talked to her like more than a sentence, even after all those time Krystal yelled at her about how Amber was a loser for picking on other people weaker than her.

“I want you to forget all that you see that night in the street”. Krystal began to notice from the proximity that Amber is very tall that she needed to force her neck to stretch upwards to look at her face.

 

“What made you think I will do anything as you wish?”, Krystal folded her arms as she backfired.

 

“I knew you’re going to tell your friends, and I don’t need your pity nor them”, Amber placed her palms to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter