Byulyi, Not the Best First Impression

Cheer Up Baby

 

Byulyi was sitting at her desk, reading again and again the last report from the research and development team. They were working on a new project that should be launched for the next year, but they were still in the development stage because Byulyi kept on sending back the report, never satisfy with the result. She felt like it needed to be more surprising, but still keep the company identity within it.

 

Moon Byulyi was the CEO of Moon Incorporate. She created the company with the help of her parents and one of her dearest friends. At first, she created it in the hope to bring better photo cameras on the market because she was never satisfied with hers. Then, the whole thing kind of blew up and her company became one of the best in the camera’s market. Once, she had her place assured, she decided to expand her expertise and started selling software for photo editing. It worked out and Moon Incorporate became even more successful, making her one of the richest CEO of the country, and the richest CEO under 30 years old.

 

Now, she was focusing on launching an application for smartphones and tablet that would help to edit photo nearly as well as professional could. It was like a miniature version of her softwares, even more accessible to the public. It was a chance for her company to become more mainstream and not only reach to the professionals.

 

But right now, she was having a hard time agreeing with the model the research and development were sending her. There was always something missing and she didn’t know what. It was making her very mad. She sighed and throw the reports on her desk before standing up and walking over to the big window. She looked at the horizon and let her mind wander for a few minutes. Then, she looked away and grabbed her coat. She decided she needed some wise advices.

 

Byulyi exited her office, on the way out, she greeted her assistant with a smile. « I’ll be back. I don’t know when but I will. You doing okay, Wheein ? » Her assistant smiled at her and told her it was okay and to take her time. Byulyi nodded before taking the elevator and leaving the building. She hesitated either to take a cab or not, but decided to walk. She profited to enjoy the fresh air and pay more attention to her environment. It’s been a while since she took a walk like this. Every time she worked on a new project, she tended to forget about the outside world and how to behave as a normal human being.

 

Byulyi arrived at her destination after a fifteen minutes walk and enter the coffee shop. She immediately spotted who she was meeting and sat at her table. « Hello unnie. » The woman raised her head and smiled when she saw Byulyi’s face, the latter was literally high on happiness. « So, what are you drinking ? » Her unnie gave her her order and Byulyi went to the counter to order. She came back a few minutes later with the coffee and some pastries. « I have something to ask you. »

 

« What is going on this time ? » Byulyi frowned at her tone. « I didn’t imply that you did anything wrong. Come on, tell me how I can help you. Me, your dearest friend. » Her unnie smiled at her, her two dimples showing, making Byulyi chuckled. This unnie was so weird, but it wasn’t anything new.

 

« I am blocked on my new project. I need your help, Yongsun unnie. » Yongsun looked at her with an amused expression. « You know how you are always the one giving me the inspiration needed. » She took a bite of her pastry, stuffing her hamster cheek. Yongsun watched her with amusement. Who could have known that this grown woman, who also was at the head of one of the best company in the country was in fact a whiny baby, seeking help from Yongsun every time something was going wrong. « Will you help me ? I promise, I will pay for your food for the entire week. »

 

« I am your friend Byulyi, you don’t have to buy me over. But an offer is an offer. » Byulyi smiled excitedly at her unnie and started to pitch her her idea and why she felt like it wasn’t working. At some point, she became so engrossed in the explanation, she started drawing on the napkins. Yongsun listened to her carefully and pointed out what wasn’t working or what she didn’t understand. « You know, it seems like a really good app. Now, you own me food for the next week. And if I can give you one last advice, stop doubting yourself, you punk. »

 


 

Byulyi went back to her office, a huge smile on her lips. She had found solutions to her problems plus she got to see her favorite person on Earth. She was buzzing from happiness. On the way back, she stopped to pick up lunch for  Wheein and her. Wheein was her assistant but also a close friend of her. They would often have dates together outside of work.

 

« Hey, that’s for you, I got your favorite. » Wheein thanked her before informing her she had a meeting with an investigator in the afternoon. « Thank you for the reminder… » Byulyi sighed and entered her office. She needed to put all her ideas in order before sending it to the research and development team. Then, she prepared herself for the meeting. She needed to convince the investor to work with her, it wasn’t an impossible job, but she was still a woman, and a young one. She would always have to work harder to make it through.

 


 

The meeting with the investor went well and Byulyi took the opportunity to breathe a little. The meeting had exhausted her, she removed her blazer and undid her tie before sitting confortably in her chair and closing her eyes. Byulyi loved wearing suits, she felt powerful in those but sometimes she also felt overwhelmed. Being a CEO wasn’t easy, but she loved it and wouldn’t change it for anything. Suddenly, she heard her office door opening and then a familiar pair of high heels entering.

 

« Ahn Hyejin. » Byulyi heard the familiar soft chuckle and the high heels coming close to her. « Ahn Hyejin. » Byulyi repeated, smiling when she felt the woman just right next to her. Her delicate perfume had covered the entire room, making Byulyi happy. She was a er for Hyejin’s delicious perfume, it always made her feel happy, knowing the woman was within her reach. Then, she suddenly felt a pair of lips on hers, and she hummed in response. « Ahn Hyejin, what are you doing here ? » She opened her eyes and looked at the woman with a lazy smile.

 

Hyejin leaned against Byulyi’s desk and looked at her with hungry eyes. « Unnie, you know you are really y like this. » Byulyi’s tie was hanging around her neck and her sleeves were rolled up on her forearms. She looked like a super y CEO just for the pleasure of Hyejin’s eyes. « If I wasn’t so tired, I would have let you me right on your desk. » Byulyi smirked, remembering some good memories with Hyejin bent over her desk. « But… I just had a bad day. Can we go home ? » Hyejin sighed, visibly tired. Byulyi agreed and put a kiss on her cheek. She then quickly organized her paperwork for the next day and grabbed her stuff before exiting her office with Hyejin.

 


 

Once they reached Byulyi’s condo, Hyejin immediately undressed and went for a shower. Byulyi took the occasion to order some food, and then changed her clothes. She loved wearing suits, but she preferred wearing sweatpants and hoodies when she needed to relax. When the food arrived, she set it all up in the living room and waited for Hyejin to come back. Out of boredom and because Hyejin was taking a lot of time, she went to check on her.

 

« Hyejinie ! What is taking you so long ? I wanna spend time with you… » Byulyi whined while knocking on the bathroom door. « Hyejinie… Can you go faster, the food will get cold ! » She heard some noises and then the door opened, revealing a freshly showered Hyejin.

 

« I am here, unnie. We can go eat now. » Byulyi took Hyejin’s hand in hers and dragged her in the living room and then made her sit on the couch. « Oh ! Do you have something to ask me ? You ordered Kimchi Pizza with extra cheese and fried chicken. Is it a special occasion ? Or did you do something bad ? »

 

« No, nothing like that. Come on let’s eat ! » Byulyi laughed at Hyejin’s expression. They began to eat, occasionally talking about what happened during their day.  At some point, Hyejin felt Byulyi’s insistent gaze on her and stopped eating. Byulyi took the time to look at Hyejin’s delicate features before talking. « You know when we met, I never thought you would turn me down so abruptly. »

 

« Byulyi, you were literally the most annoying person I had ever met. » Byulyi groaned at Hyejin’s remark before remembering the first time they met, three years ago.

 


 

« Do you plan on being at the shooting ? » Wheein asked her boss. Byulyi was in her chair, working on some new idea. « Moon Byulyi ! » Wheein looked at her waiting for a response. She looked around her and found a stressing ball that she threw to Byulyi’s head.

 

« What’s your deal ? » Byulyi looked up and found her secretary looking at her with a frown. « Yeah, yeah, I will be at the shooting. Now leave me, I am having the best idea. » Wheein rolled her eyes before closing the door of the office and going back to her desk. Sometimes she just felt like this unnie was the worst.

 


 

Byulyi was on the set of the photoshoot. She went an hour ahead to see if everything was running smoothly. It was the first time she would attack a new market, she needed everything to be perfect. In a few days, Moon Incorporate was going to launch a new camera, specially for the common user. She was actually more anxious than anything else. « Wheein, what is the name of the model again ? » Byulyi asked, still engross in her thoughts.

 

« Ahn Hyejin. Nice to meet you too, Miss Moon. » Byulyi turned around and was met with a beautiful woman. She looked pissed and that was not a good sign.

 

« Oh… Nice to meet you. » She knew the model was beautiful, she had seen her picture, but she was not prepared for her to be drop dead gorgeous. She was a CEO of a really successful company, but here she was, impressed by a woman. She really didn’t know what to do. Wheein arrived and took matter in her own hands. She knew how much of a gay disaster her boss could be.

 

« Oh, Miss Ahn, come with me for the makeup and hairstyle. We have a set of outfit already prepared, but you will have to choose a couple. We wanted you to choose what would suit you best. » Wheein showed Ahn Hyejin the way and then went back to Byulyi. « Close your mouth. Stop being stupid. If you can’t stop being a useless lesbian, go back to your office. I will take care of the shooting. »

 

« No, no. I am here. » Byuulyi responded, shaking her head.

 

« Then act like it for God’s shake, unnie. » Byulyi thanked Wheein before going to see the director. They were doing a commercial first and then a photoshoot later in the week. Ahn Hyejin was supposed to be the face of the product. She was a singer and was starting to become more and more known and popular. Byulyi has never paid that much attention to her, but she had fell in love with her picture when she saw her. She was really glad her company managed to book her.

 


 

« I can’t believe, you didn’t even know my name. That was a horrible first impression, you know. » Hyejin told Byulyi, looking at her with a disappointed look.

 

« How did you even knew mine ? Were you stalking me ? » Hyejin rolled her eyes at the woman greasy smile before telling her that her face was in a lot of magazines during this time. « It was when I was nominating one of the most handsome CEO of the country ! »

 

« You’re so full of yourself. » Byulyi greasily smiled at the woman. « But at this moment, I just thought you were going to be a pain in the for the entire shooting. And I was right. »

 


 

The thing was, Byulyi was a young CEO, her company was successful, everything was going fine because she was in charge of everything. But Moon Incorporate was still a growing company, and she still had a lot to learn. First thing being, she couldn’t be in charge of everything all the time.

 

« Why won’t she listen to me ? » Byulyi asked Wheein. She was sitting on a chair, monitoring the screen. Hyejin was doing pretty well according to the director but Byulyi somehow wasn’t satisfy. « Direcor-nim, the lighting isn’t right, here. » « Hyejin shouldn’t be here, we can’t see the product well enough. » « Can’t she speak louder ? » « I think she isn’t telling the name of the product right. » At some point, the director asked Wheein to get Byulyi out of his sight or else.

 

« I swear to God Moon Byulyi. Why can’t you relax five seconds ? You are annoying everyone right now. » Wheein told her while dragging her in the opposite side of the studio. She made her sit and gave her some water. « What is your problem today ? You act just like a brat. I thought those days were being you. » Byulyi looked at her with a frown. She hated when Wheein was telling her her truth.

 

The shooting continued without Byulyi. She was actually pretty mad that she was not welcomed on the set. It was her company and her product but it seemed like no one cared and that was pissing her off big deal. Once the shooting was over, she went to see the director and monitored what had been shot.

 


 

« Why were you so annoying during the shooting ? » Hyejin asked her. Byulyi shrugged and got up to take some beers for her and Hyejin. « I wasn’t sure if you were the boss or Wheein was. She handled the situation for everyone, fortunately. » Byulyi rolled her eyes, but deep down, she was so thankful for Wheein’s professionalism.

 

« Is that why you hit on her after the shooting ? Her bossy attitude turned you on ? » Byulyi asked with an annoying grin. « Tell me. »

 


 

« Hey, your name is Wheein isn’t it ? » Hyejin asked, her most charming smile on her lips. Since she had arrived, the woman had caught her eyes. She seemed to know her job well, but Hyejin could also see how passionate she seemed about the whole shooting. She even gave Hyejin some tips. If you asked Hyejin, she found the woman absolutely adorable and charming.

 

« Yes. What can I do for you ? » Wheein gently asked Hyejin, a cute smile on her lips. Hyejin bite her lips and then asked if she wanted to have a drink with her. « Oh… I am sorry but I don’t think I can. » Hyejin pouted but didn’t give up yet.

 

« Well, maybe I could have your number then ? So I could invite you when you’re available. » Hyejin said, she even put some of Wheein’s hair being her ear just for the shake of touching the beautiful woman.

 


 

« Oh my God, Hyejin. I didn’t know you were so into Wheein ! » Hyejin felt her face heat up. She reached for her beer and drank it. « It’s okay, don’t worry. How many times did you try to have a date with her ? »

 


 

Hyejin had to go to Moon Incorporate for a photo shooting. She was excited to see Wheein once again. She had been chatting with her by text but every time she had tried to organize a date with her, the woman told her various excuses explaining why she couldn’t go. The second she saw the woman, she walked towards her to great her.

 

« Oh Hyejin ! Nice to see you. » Wheein gave her a small smile, making Hyejin worried, so she asked her what was wrong. « Oh… I will be the one in charge of the shooting today. Miss Moon didn’t give me any indication on what to do except to do what I wanted. So… I want to do well. »

 

Hyejin just found her adorable. She just couldn’t help herself from smiling at the woman. « I am sure you’re going to be amazing. » Hyejin tried to assure her. « And maybe later, we could grab a drink and celebrate together ? » Wheein laughed it off.

 

And that was just the beginning, Hyejin passed the entire photo shooting flirting with Wheein. She tried every move she had. And Wheein always rejected her. Either by a small mille, or a laugh or shaking her head. Hyejin didn’t know what to do anymore. She had never really faced rejection from someone she was interested in.

 

« Hey. » Hyejin immediately turned towards Wheein’s voice. « I know you’ve been flirting with me. » Hyejin smiled brighter to her. « I am really flattered. And you are gorgeous and everything. But… I am not interested in you. I am really sorry. » Hyejin felt her smile flattered.

 


 

« I still don’t know why she wasn’t interested in me. » Hyejin sighed while laying back in the couch. « I mean did you see me ? »

 

« Okay. » Byulyi interjected, she was still laughing at the story. « I can’t believe I missed the chance to see that and Wheein never told me about it. » Hyejin glared at her. « But for your information, Wheein has been in love with an unnie of her for a while. So that’s why she wasn’t into you. »

 

« That explains so much. » Hyejin said to herself. She suddenly felt some curiosity rising inside her. « Have you ever tried to date Wheein ? I feel like you have. » Hyejin asked Byulyi, her famous eyebrow rising out of curiosity. « I mean even I tried. » Wheein was a really attractive woman and it was hard to not be attracted to her.

 

« Well… Yes, in the past I’ve tried to. » Byulyi admitted a little ashamed. It happened four years ago and she never told anyone except Yongsun about it.

 


 

« Hey, Wheein. Do you have something plan tonight ? » Wheein looked at her with a suspicious look. « I figured we could grab a drink together ? » Wheein agreed and went back to what she was doing, not sparing another glance at Byulyi.

 


 

After work, Byulyi and Wheein headed out to a bar downtown. They sat down and started drinking. Byulyi was in a good mood because her company was doing well and Wheein seemed to get happy the more she drank. She became more talkative and Byulyi had to admit she enjoyed this version of Wheein. Her gorgeous dimple was showing more than usually and Byulyi found it very charming.

 

« So Wheein ? Are you seeing anyone ? » Wheein froze at Byulyi’s words. And then she suddenly started crying, mumbling words Byulyi couldn’t even understand. « Wheein ? What’s… » Out of despair, Byulyi got closer to Wheein and patted her shoulder. Immediately, Wheein crashed in Byulyi’s arms, crying uncontrollably. « Okay, okay… » Byulyi was clearly not prepared for this reaction. She thought she would answer with either a « yes » or a « no ». But crying was not on the list. « Wheein… »

 

The woman continued crying for a few minutes before calming down. She then drank two shots and turned towards Byulyi. « I just got dump. » Byulyi had figured it must have been the reason for a sudden crying session. « I… I just loved them so much. And they… » Wheein sobbed a little, but quickly recovered and continued her explication. She told Byulyi how it happened and how she felt miserable since.

 

When Wheein had finished talking, Byulyi sympathetically smiled at her. When she invited Wheein for a drink, she had in mind to eventually finishing the night with the girl in her bed. But seeing her cry like this and being so vulnerable, she felt some kind of sister love towards her. She just wanted to protect the woman and make sure she didn’t get hurt like this ever again.

 


 

« You wanted to bang your employee ? » Hyejin asked with surprise. « Isn’t that like the worst move ever ? »

 

« I… Well, at that time, my company wasn’t that big. And Wheein had been my assistant for only a couple of months plus she wouldn’t have been the first assistant I had to fire. » Byulyi replied, but Hyejin frowned at the response. « I know. I used to be a piece of . »

 

« Yes, you were a big one. » Byulyi scratched her head, a bit ashamed at her past self. « How did I even agree to date you ? » Hyejin asked, but her gaze was just full of love. She Byulyi’s cheek with so much care like she could break anytime. « What happened after that night ? Between you and Wheein ? »

 

« We became good friends. We hang out a lot. Because of her breakup she felt really down, so I spent a lot of time with her. That’s how I discovered that she had a passion for photography too. » Byulyi smiled at the memory. « She is fantastic at it. And then, she told me about her side project. So, I helped her with it. That’s why she is still my assistant despite her obvious talent in photography. This way, she can work on her project at the same time.»

 

« You obviously care about her a lot. Is that why you are so protective of her ? » Byulyi nodded, Wheein was like a sister to her, and she only wanted the best for her. « When I first met you, I would have never guessed that this side of you existed. You were this annoying rich CEO, I just wanted to slap you. » Byulyi laughed but agreed with Hyejin.

 

« When did you change your opinion about me ? » Byulyi asked her girlfriend. Hyejin thought a bit before answering her.

 

« You remember this party we met nearly a year after the shooting ? »

 


 

Hyejin was at an after party at one of the current most popular actor’s mansion. She was used to this kind of party. Everyone was here to either brag about themselves, find a new job or even find a hookup. Some random strangers even asked her if she was interested in a . Eventually, she found a quiet corner where she could enjoy her alcohol without someone hitting on her.

 

Hyejin wasn’t really surprised that people would try to hit on her. She was the most popular singer in the country, and she had also been nominated the hottest woman alive of the year. But, right now she was not in the mood for a hookup nor some small talk from people she barely knew and would never see ever again. She was on the verge of leaving the party when she saw a familiar figure in the crowd.

 

Hyejin searched for the familiar figure until she found it. It was Moon Byulyi. The famous Moon Byulyi, this little brat. What was she even doing here ? Then, Hyejin calmed down and thought about it. Moon Byulyi was a rich CEO with a lot of influence, of course she would be invited at this kind of party. Plus, her company often sponsored movies and dramas.

 

Hyejin found a new spot to observe Byulyi. She was talking with a group of actresses and idols. All the women were listening to her attentively. They were even laughing at Byulyi’s joke. Hyejin noticed how the women around Byulyi were all trying to have her attention. Eventually, Byulyi caught Hyejin starting at her. Hyejin quickly looked away but Byulyi left the group of women she was talking with, to see Hyejin.

 

« Were you spying on me ? » Byulyi smirked like the annoying hamster she was. « Well, I get that I wasn’t the best person when we first met. I even admit that I was a little annoying. So… I wanted to apologize for that. Ahn Hyejin. See ? I know your name. » Byulyi joked, remembering the first time Hyejin and her met.

 

« Really funny. What do you want ? » Hyejin asked, suspicious of Byulyi. « If you want to ask me for a hookup, the answer is no. » Byulyi laughed and shook her head.

 

« No, I just wanted to apologize. Plus, you seemed lonely, so I wanted to keep you company. » Hyejin rolled her eyes at this lame excuse. « So, do you wanna play a game with me ? » Hyejin raised an eyebrow, interested in the offer. « Okay, come here, we need to be discreet. » Byulyi put her hand on Hyejin’s hips and guided her around. Hyejin slightly flinched in surprise, but Byulyi didn’t move her hands and continued to guide her.

 

And just like this, with Byulyi’s stupid game, Hyejin had the best time. She had to admit, Byulyi was a lovely person when she wanted to. She was hilarous to be around and would make Hyejin laughed until her abs hurt. But the best part about her, was how human she was comparatively to all the other peoples around them, she had this warm and caring aura around her making Hyejin felt look for. Byulyi didn’t leave Hyejin’s side during the party.

 

Hyejin found it fascinating how she could be really childish at times, pranking her or some of the guests but also so responsible, by taking care of the people around her. « Hold on, I’ll be right back. » The only moment she left Hyejin’s side was when she spotted a drunk girl getting taken advantage by a man. Men with powers often tended to forget their manner.

 


 

« At this party, I saw such a different side of you. For some reasons, you decided to not be a jerk. » Byulyi gasped. « I was shaken too to see how much of a nice person you actually were. » Byulyi gently hit Hyejin’s shoulder in response. « I felt like I judged you too quickly. That’s why I invited you to grab coffee the next day. »

 


 

When they met the next day, Hyejin felt like she did the good choice by giving Byulyi a second chance. It turned out, Byulyi was truly a nice person. She paid for Hyejin’s coffee despite the woman against it, then they took a walk in the park nearby. Byulyi was really careful and mindful of Hyejin, making her felt really special even if they were not on an actual date. « You’re being lovely. But, we are not on a date. You know that ? »

 

« Yes, I do. But, I think I’ve fallen for you. » Hyejin rolled her eyes at this woman. She was so cheesy, it was ridiculous. « I am really sorry, but I have somewhere to be in a few. Wanna meet again later ? » Byulyi asked, a smug smile on her lips.

 


 

« You agreed. You were already under my spell ! » Hyejin shook her head at her stupid girlfriend.

 

« No I wasn’t. I just… I thought you were interesting. I was curious. » She then looked at Byulyi right in her eyes. « But eventually, I… I fell for you. » Byulyi let out a « YES » with a lot of enthusiasm, like it was some news to her. Like Hyejin hadn’t confess her love to her a hundred times before. « You’re impossible. »

 

Gently, Hyejin leaned towards Byulyi for a kiss. She started slow, taking her time to appreciate her girlfriend’s lips and all the reaction she felt from kissing her. Somehow, kissing Byulyi never got old and always brought her comfort and warmth. « I love you. »They stayed like this of a few minutes, enjoying the closeness of the other.

 

« Hey. » Byulyi nudged Hyejin’s cheek with her nose, encouraging her to continue. « Do you… Do you sometimes doubt about our relationship ? Like, you feel like…you know ? »

 

« Oh… Hyejinie… » Byulyi wrapped Hyejin in her arms and hugged her. « To tell you the truth. Yes. I doubted myself multiple times in our relationship. But I never doubt our relationship. Have you ever doubted our relationship ? » Byulyi asked, rubbing Hyein’s back to comfort her.

 

« Yes. A couple of times, I doubt it because of the people around me. But, not anymore. How…How did you deal with your doubts ? » Hyejin asked, she was curious because Byulyi had never shared it with her before.

 


 

« Unnie… Unnie… Unnie ! Unnie ! »

 

« I swear to God Moon Byulyi, if you don’t stop right now, I am going to punch you. » Yongsun breathed through her teeth. She turned towards the woman and dared her to continue. « What do you want ? Can’t you see I’m working ? »

 

« What are you working on ? What it is about ? » Byulyi had her head over Yongsun’s shoulder, and was being as annoying as ever. « Do you have a new client ? Who is it ? Wha… Ouch ! Why did you hit me ? »

 

« Because you talk too much. » Byulyi pouted at her unnie. « What is going on with you ? I know you’re here because you need help. Now spill the beans. » Byulyi gave up her facade and looked at Yongsun with her lost puppy eyes. « Oh my God, did you do something this bad Byul ? » Instead of using words, Byulyi looked at the ground. « Byul. Speak. Why are you like this ? »

 

« It’s just… What if I am not enough ? What if I screw up ? » The second she started to open up, she couldn’t stop and just entered a never ending loop of self-doubt. She sat down in Yongsun’s couch. Yongsun sat next to her and patted her thigh so Byulyi would lay her head on her lap. Over the course of their friendship, Yongsun had noticed that making Byulyi lay and then her hair was the best solution to make her calm down. « Unnie… I am scared I’ll screw up my relationship with Hyejin. You know how I am. »

 

« Byulyi… » Yongsun continued to Byulyi’s hair. She continued until the woman stopped talking and calmed down. She knew the woman was panicking, it was a common scenario. Byulyi would encounter a problem, try to solve it, fail multiple times and then panic about it. Fortunately, every time it happened, Yongsun was here. She was Byulyi’s rock. Always here to give Byulyi the push she needed. Always here to pick up the pieces. Always here to be sure Byulyi would be okay.

 


 

« So every time, you would go and search for Yongsun’s help. » Hyejin summed up pensively.

 

« Yes. She always has the right words. She’s like a wise old man. » Hyejin laughed at Byulyi comparison. Poor Yongsun, she thought. « She is a really supportive friend. And she always take care of me. I guess I am her kid at this point. »

 

« Moon Byulyi. Stop being stupid. And just be thankful that this woman still keep you in her life. » Hyejin reprimanded Byulyi. « I am really impressed by Yongsun unnie's patience. Seriously. She is an angel. » Byulyi nodded aggressively, for her Yongsun was the most incredible human she had ever met.

 

« Did you ever feel jealous of my relationship with Yongsun unnie ? » Byulyi asked Hyejin. She had never really asked this question to the woman but had always secretly wanted to know. So, she turned towards Hyejin, her eyes full of curiosity. She just looked like an excited hamster if you asked Hyejin.

 

« Well, at first, yes. I was a little jealous. I mean, you used to talk about her all the time. Even if you would always say she was just a friend, I didn’t entirely trust you. » Byulyi nodded at Hyejin’s response. « But after meeting her, I felt better and more confident. I finally understood your relationship. » Hyejin honestly said, looking at Byulyi with her loving smile.

 


 

« We are here. » Byulyi stated after parking the car near the restaurant. « Are you gonna be okay ? » Byulyi turned towards Hyejin looking at her caringly. She took the woman’s hand in hers and put a kiss on it. « Come on, Yongsun unnie must be waiting for us. » They got out of the car and walked hand in hand in the restaurant. Byulyi gave her name at the reception before being directed to her table.

 

The second Byulyi spotted Yongsun, Hyejin felt the woman vibrating from happiness. « Unnie… » She murmured at her, trying to calm her down a little. They arrived at the table and Yongsun stood up to greet the couple. Byulyi directly went in the arms of her unnie and hugged her. Hyejin signed at her behavior. She was a grown woman but for some reasons, she would behave like a little girl around Yongsun.

 

Yongsun let go of Byulyi and turned towards Hyejin. She smiled at her warmly and hugged her, surprising Hyejin. She then let go and introduced herself, Byulyi having visibly forgotten to do so. « Hi. I think you already know that, but I am Kim Yongsun. It is so nice to finally meet you. You’re so pretty. » Hyejin blushed at her bluntness.

 

They finally sat at the table and ordered their food. Yongsun was facing the couple and Byulyi had her hand on Hyejin’s thigh, making the younger woman feel more relax. At first, Hyejin felt awkward, the relationship and the chemistry between Yongsun and Byulyi was so strong, she felt out of place. Byulyi quickly felt Hyejin’s distress and rubbed her thigh. « Did you know Yongsun helped me to found Moon Incorporate ? » Byulyi asked, wanting to make Hyejin more comfortable but also wanting to brag about how great Yongsun was.

 

« It wasn’t the easiest project I worked on. » Yongsun immediately confessed. « Byulyi can be really tiring. » Hyejin chuckled at the woman’s face expression. « I really think that you would have never went out with Byulyi if you had known her back then. » Byulyi gasped at the comment and Hyejin laughed.

 

« Please, tell me more ! » Hyejin urged the older woman, her interest picked by the confession. « She always acted like she is a chic CEO, but I actually doubt it had always been the case. » Yongsun aggressively agreed with Hyejin’s words and started spilling the beans. Byulyi was witnessing the scene, feeling conflicted. Should she stop this conversation or should she be happy that the two were bounding ?

 


 

« At this moment, I regretted making you two meet. » Hyejin laughed at Byulyi’s dramatic face. « But…when I saw you two interact during the dinner, even if you were making fun of me, I was really happy. Yongsun is one of the most important person my life and you are the person I am in love with. Seeing you two bond and like each other was… » Byulyi didn’t even finish her sentence, feeling tears in her eyes.

 

« Oh, you big baby, come here. » Hyejin opened her arms and wrapped Byulyi in a warm hug. « You are adorable. » Hyejin knew how much it meant for Byulyi that Yongsun and her got along.  And the truth was, Hyejin loved Yongsun. She saw Yongsun as an inspiration, but also as a solid rock for Byulyi and sometimes even for her. Yongsun was a strong unnie she had a lot of respect for.

 

Byulyi eventually calmed down. « You know, Yongsun is the one who helped me for our one year anniversary. But I guessed you had figured by now. » Hyejin nodded, but still listened attentively to Byulyi.

 


 

« Okay, maybe you should sit down for a minute. » Yongsun grabbed Byulyi’s hand and made her sat down on a chair. « Breathe. » She patted Byulyi’s knee and waited for the woman to calm down. « Alright, now, tell me what do you have in mind for your anniversary. »

 

Byulyi immediately started talking and explained to Yongsun the idea she had in mind. She wanted to do something unique and lovely for Hyejin. They had been dating for a year now and Byulyi just couldn’t ask for a better relationship than the one she had with Hyejin. She was grateful every day to be loved by such a fantastic person. So she wanted to show her how much she loved her too in this special occasion.

 

« Okay, I see. I know you’re rich, but you might be going overboard here. You know Hyejin, right ? She is pretty down to earth and a huge amount of money won't impress her. So, maybe you could go for a weekend in the countryside, isn’t she always talking about how much she loves nature ? » Byulyi agreed and started looking up for some places to stay at.

 


 

« I can’t believe Yongsun know me better than you do. » Byulyi rolled her eyes. « I love her even more right now. » Hyejin had a satisfied smile on her lips.

 


 

Eventually, Byulyi managed to arrange a perfect weekend for Hyejin and her with Yongsun’s help. Byulyi rented a small house in the countryside near a lake. She had prepared everything, so they’ll have the best weekend ever. She even packed Hyejin’s favorite snacks with her. She really wanted everything to be perfect for the woman she was in love with. « Byul. Relax, everything is gonna be okay. » Byulyi had this habit of panicking every time she organized something for someone. « By the way, I went to the jeweler and picked up your order. »

 

Byulyi went to Hyejin’s agency and picked her up before driving to the countryside. Hyejin was more than excited to spend quality time with her girlfriend that she just couldn’t stop singing and smiling. Once they arrived at the house, Hyejin became crazy and started running around way too happy about being there. « Hyejin ! Wait ! » But the woman was so happy she couldn’t hear her. Byulyi gave up and just smiled at her silly girlfriend. « God, I love her. »

 

Eventually, Hyejin calmed down a little and helped Byulyi with their luggages. The sun was still up so Byulyi proposed Hyejin to take a swim in the lake. Hyejin happily agreed and went to change. When she came back with her bathing suit on, Byulyi had a hard time breathing. Her girlfriend was just breathtaking. « Byulyi, are you ready ? » She turned around and saw the pure lust in her girlfriend’s eyes. « Oh… »

 


 

« It was the best weekend ever. » Byulyi stated with a proud smile.

 

« We literally ed during the whole weekend. We barely went outside and at the end I could barely walk. I literally lose weight because you couldn’t get your hands off of me. » Byulyi smiled at the memory, she remembered clearly how good the was and how much she enjoyed Hyejin’s body. « But I do admit, it was one of the best we ever had. »

 

« Yeah. » They looked at each other with a knowing smile. But instead of going for a kiss, Byulyi stood up from the couch and went to the bedroom. She came back a few seconds later, a mysterious smile on her face. « Okay, I’m back. »

 

« What did you do? What’s with your smile ? » Byulyi shrugged, but her smile didn’t disappear. « Okay, you don’t wanna tell me. » Hyejin took another sip of her beer and tried to act like it didn’t bother her. They continued talking, remembering the good times they had together. « Byulyi, you’re staring. I know I am hot, but it’s too much. » She turned towards the woman but she was actually surprised when she saw the pure love coming out of her eyes. « Oh… Byul… »

 

Byulyi smiled at her before standing up. She then kneeled and reached for something in her pocket. « Ahn Hyejin. » She opened a little red box, and revealed a beautiful ring. « You are my favorite person on Earth. And I know Yongsun… » Byulyi added, making the both of them chuckled. « What I want to say is, I love you. I love being with you, I love having you in my life. Ever since I met you, I have become a better person and I have learned so much. You just make me better and also… » She made a dramatic pause, but Hyejin already knew what was coming. « You’re the hottest woman I know and I can’t wait to have more hot with you. Ahn Hyejin, will you marry me ? »

 

Hyejin suddenly got hit by the reality of the stuation and started crying. The woman she loved so much, that she admired and couldn’t get enough of, just asked her to marry. « Yes. Yes, of course I will ! » Byulyi smiled at her and put the ring on her finger before kissing her girlfriend. Well, her fiancée. « Maybe we could celebrate in the bedroom ? » Byulyi agreed and grabbed Hyejin from the couch and carried her bridal style in the bedroom. « I love you. » Byulyi answered with a « Obviously. » Before putting her fiancée on the bed and celebrating their engagement the best way they knew.

 


 

Hello,

Well, it was so hard to write, but I really wanted to write some Hwabyul. I feel like this is one of the toughest ship to write for, but I did it !

Anyways, if there is anything you didn't understand, well, feel free to say it. And feedback is higly appreciated even if it's just a "AAAAAAAH" or a "WHY xxxxx HAPPEN ?", so yeah.

Well, hope you enjoyed it and thank you for reading.