I Got Her

A Few Good Men

Baekhyun POV

My body is buzzing. I have her. After weeks of aching to hold her again she just falls into my lap, this has to be fate. I know I should keep my eyes on the road in front of me but I cant help but glance over at the pretty little thing now passed out in my passenger's seat.I want to touch her, hold her, never let her go but not right now. She's bleeding out, I need to get her to Yixing before anything else. After that, I can love on her all that I want. I can wait. Part of me wishes she was awake, I want to hear her voice, but this is much easier with her resting.

I pull out my phone an call my brother. He doesn't answer the first few times I call, I just keep calling and calling until he finally answers, annoyed as ever, "What?"

"I got her."

He silent for a moment, "You got who Baekhyun?"

"I got her! The girl from Haneul's club!" I'm almost yelling, I can barely contain my excitement.

"What the ? Let her go! What the hell do you think you are doing?"

His reaction isn't what I expected, "What do you mean? I can't let her go! Sh not even conscious and she's loosing a lot of blood. You need to help her!"

"What did you do to her?"

"I saved her!" I snarl, "Some was shooting at her and I saved her life! Now are you going to help or not?"

"Where are you?"

"Almost home, we need to sneak her in. I don't want anyone else seeing her."

"Why not?"

"Do you want to deal with everyone freaking out about her? We could barely keep ourselves together when we first saw her."

He scoffs, "Speak for yourself."

"As I remember you were holding on to her all night just like me."

"Shut up. I'll see you in a few minutes."

I hang up, already upset that I have to involve him but it's either that or a hospital where police would be called and they would try to take her away from me. No one is taking her away from me again. My hand reaches out to find hers' limp in her lap, her palms are rough but warm. Just the feeling of holding her hand in mine is more than enough to calm the anxiety buzzing though me, bringing both the nervousness and excitement down in a single touch. I've missed this calming feeling for so long now, she feels the same as my baby, so perfect.

We reach the house to find Yixing waiting outside in a sweats and a t-shirt. I pull up in the driveway, he surprises me by ripping her door open as soon as I park. "How bad is she hurt?"

"I haven't really had time to catalog her injuries while speeding here," The snarky comment is out before I can stop myself.

He glares at me, "You wanted my help and now you're going to act like this? you!"

"Stop with high and mighty bull! You didn't rush out here just because I asked for your help. Now lets get her inside before someone notices." I can see in his eyes that he wants to argue back but he says nothing, he scoops her up in his arms and turns to carry her inside. I shut off the car and rush to join him.

"Everyone is in their rooms." Together we make our way through the house, dreading the idea of running into our brothers even more than usual, as usual though we don't see a soul. "Go to my room," He directs at the top of the stairs.

"Why your room?"

He rolls his eyes, "Because you are asking for my help."

"Fine." I trail behind my brother to his room, jealous of how he is able to cradle her to his chest. Her blonde curls lay across his shoulder while her dirty boots hang over his other arm. I used to be able to carry my baby like that, I don't think I could anymore, I can barely carry myself from room to room. I can work on that. I want to hold her.

When we reach his room he immediately lays her down on his bed and gets to work. “Help me get her clothes off so we can see where she’s bleeding from.”

“Hyung,” I freeze when he takes a step back. His shoulder is covered in blood, “I think I know where the blood is coming from.”

“!”

“What? what?”

"She must have hit her head, You better pray she doesn't have a brain bleed."

My hopefulness is soon replaced with anxiety sitting heavy on my chest, "You have to do something! What can we do? Hyung she can't die!" I can't hold back the tears streaming down my face, this can't be happening. I just got her back, I can't loose her already.

Yixing sighs, "Baekhyun you gotta get a hold of yourself, you barely know this girl."

I run my fingers through my hair, barely keeping myself from pulling it all, "We need to save her. She needs our help, how are you not going to help her?"

"There might me nothing I can do."

"No!" I pull her out of his grasp and into my own, my arms wrap around my sweet baby, "It's going to be okay," I tell her. "We are going to fix you up and make sure nothing like this ever happens to you again. I'll keep you nice and safe." I rock us back and forth, my face buried in the crook of her neck.

My brother mumbles something under his breath before sighing loudly, "I'll see what I can do but you have to go get me some things."

I perk up, "What? I'll do whatever I have to do."

"I need some warm water from the kitchen and a few rags from the bathroom. I have to grab a few things from my medical area. We will meet back here in a couple of minutes, okay?"

"What if she wakes up? I don't want her to think she is alone."

"Okay, I'll go first, I'll be right back," He steps out of the room to go down stairs to the unused dungeon where the medical room is also located. I keep my sweet girl close to my chest, I murmur sweet words into her ear, hopping she can hear them and that they offer her a small amount of comfort. Yixing comes back a few moments later with a container filled with medical supplies. "You can go grab the water now, I grabbed some rags. I'm going to start looking her over."

I nod, it takes a moment for me to pull away but with one stern look from my brother I can force myself to let go. “I’ll be right back,” I promise her as I leave the room. My feet can’t move fast enough, I rush down the stairs to find a bowl in the kitchen. The longest part is me struggling to find the right temperature for the water, not wanting it to be too hot or too cold. I’m gone for five minutes at most, I go back up stairs trying not to spill the water and find Yixing looking her over with a soft look in his eyes.

He is sitting on the edge of the bed, one hand positioned by her head, propping him up while his other hand is caressing her face. He is supposed to be looking for her injuries, not checking her out! I’m ready to scream at him but I stop myself, he might take back helping her if I do. Plus I don’t need him telling the rest of our brothers about her. I’m not sharing her with all of them again. The younger ones are so ing needy and the older ones are still so angry, none of them would react well. But Yixing, he isn’t the worst of them. I watch him with her a moment longer, his fingers tracing over her features once again, I could share with him.

“I’m back,” I announce in a soft voice, Yixing jumps off the bed, nervous to be caught. “I won’t judge you, you know. She is so beautiful.”

He scoffs, “I’m not like you Baekhyun. I’m not going to try that again with all of us.”

“It doesn’t have to be all of us, maybe just us. I wouldn’t mind sharing her with just you.”

“You can’t be serious.”

“I am,” I confirm confidently. “We don’t have to talk it all through right now but you look at her the same way I do so don’t act all high and mighty.” I come closer and place the bowl on the bedside table on his side before climbing back in bed with her. “Did you find what was wrong?”

He is silent for a moment before mumbling something under his breath. With gentle hands he urges me to take off her leather jacket and the t shirt that is underneath. “From what I can see she was grazed on her arm and the bump on the head, nothing else too crazy. It’s only the head wound we have to worry about.” I hear him talking but it all goes in one ear and out the other as I stare at her.

She is covered in scars, much like how are baby was after we got her back but this is worse. There are about a dozen circular burns on her chest alone, there seems to be a trail of them leading over her shoulder to her back. Her left arm is the one that is bleeding but it doesn’t appear to be it’s first time in a shoot out, there is a healed bullet wound on her shoulder, I find more and more the longer I look. At least seven from what I can see of her, including a few other questioning scars.

Before I can reach out and touch, my brother beats me to it, his fingers glide across her collarbone to her shoulder and down her uninjured arm, “What the hell happened to you?” He mumbles out loud. He pulls his hand back to reach for the wet rag. “The least we can do is fix you up as much as we can.”

I want to scoff at his sudden eager change in helpfulness but I know better than to press my luck with him. With gentle hands he wipes her arm down before holding it to the wound. Even unconscious she flinches from the pain, making me reach out for her. Yixing looks tempted to stop me but the small whimper that comes from her only encourages me. I lift her head to let it rest in my lap, her curls spread across my thighs. The ombré of her hair from natural dark roots to the brassy blonde tips reminds me of a sunflower. My brother continues cleaning her while I her full cheeks and mumble soft words to comfort her.

Her full cheeks are so smooth beneath my finger tips, there are slight bumps here and there from the few beauty marks that grace her face. She has one like Marilyn Monroe to the right side of her plump rosy lips, two more beneath her left eye. I close my eyes to get myself to remember the color of her eyes, they were different this time, a dark brown but they glimmered under the street light when I first found her. I want to see them again, so bad. I just need her to wake up so I can see how she moves, I want to hear her voice again too. And her smile, I need it more than anything else right now. It’s probably so beautiful.

I find myself whispering the last bit out loud, “So beautiful.”

Yixing pauses, his eyes flick up to meet mine, then down to her face before focusing back on the job at hand. “She is,” He agrees. “Take this is hold it to the back of her head while I bandage this,” he s the rag into my hands. I take it and does as he commands, cradling the rag against the back of her head. He makes quick work of her arm, wrapping her upper arm securely yet gentle at the same time.

“I wonder what her name is, Haneul called her little bird, didn’t she?” I ask the room. “Until we can ask you we can just call you that! Little bird,” I curl down so our faces are closer together.

“I’m surprised you even care to know her name. I thought she was just our baby’s replacement.”

I glare at him, “She isn’t a replacement! No one can replace her! This girl, our little bird, is our second chance.”

“She ran from us once already, what makes you think she won’t do it again?”

“Because we saved her! She’ll be grateful! Who runs away from the people who saved their life?”

Yixing scoffs, “People run away from us because of what we do and who we are. We aren’t some kind of heroes.”

“I guess we will see when she wakes up!”

“If she wakes up,” He quips to just be a . We turn her on to her side so he can look at the back of her head, “She should, just looking at it. She’s going to have a bump but she should be fine. Go grab an ice pack from the freezer.”

I just nod. I’m out of the room and rushing down the stairs faster than I’ve moved in awhile, not wanting to leave her for longer than I have to. I find the ice pack, grabbing a few water bottles and snacks as I sprint back the way I came. Outside the door I decided to go past it to my own room to collect something else. Back at Yixing’s door I’m surprised to find our bird in an oversized t shirt that obviously belongs to my brother. He’s sitting on the edge of the bed watching her again.

“She’s wearing your shirt.”

He looks to me, “So what? Her other one is ruined.”

“That’s why I brought her one of mine.”

“I already changed her, just give me the ice pack and get out. I’ll let you know if she wakes up.”

I laugh, “This is a ing joke right? I want her to wear mine. And if she is sleeping anywhere in this house she will be sleeping in my room!”

“Stop being so dramatic. If you cause a scene someone is going to come see what’s going on.”

“You want me to stop being dramatic?” I nearly scream, “ you! You said you didn’t want her! I want her with every part of me so either be honest with me and join me on this or get the away from my bird!”