A Favor

A Few Good Men

Natasha’s POV

“Do you really think you going out is a good idea?” My brother hums. He is leaning in my doorway, missing a shirt as always. I ignore him as I pull my curls into a bun, focused on making myself somewhat presentable for the first time in months. Leggings and a t-shirt seem like my best option at the moment, even after a week of being cleared, everything hurts. Wonho sighs as he comes over and pushes me to sit down on my bed. He grumbles under his breath as he grabs a pair of my leggings, without hesitation he helps me put them on before setting out in search for at t-shirt. “I’m driving you there.”
I roll my eyes at him, but lift my arms when he yanks my shirt over my head, “Feeling protective today Oppa?”
He glares at me, “You know damn well we all are. You are lucky it’s me who came up and not Jooheon, he’s down stairs ready to call Haneul to tell her to off.”
“I’ve been stuck inside for seven months. I need to get out and stretch, I need to go work.”
“You were in a coma for six of those months and we took you on walks so you wouldn’t get so pale. Wheeling you around like a dead body was not as easy as you would think.”
I can’t help but crack a smile, “I appreciate that and the videos Shownu took were great.”
“Yea, yea,” He sits next to me for a moment, “Thanks for not dying by the way. I don’t think any of us could have handled you not coming home.”
“If this is your attempt at convincing me to stay home you need to do better.”
“I could call Dad.”
“I dare you,” An evil grin spreads across my face, “Call him and tell him Haneul asked for me to stop in for a little bit and you don’t want me to go. It’s not like she is our top customer or anything.”
He sighs again, “I’m driving.”
“Great cause I still can’t. Appreciate the shirt by the way, nice touch,” I laugh as I stare down at our generic t-shirt for the company. It’s royal blue with large white letters that spell Don’t shoot the messenger. Wonho just chuckles as he makes quick work of my socks and runners. 
“You good to go down the stairs?”
“I’ll work on that while you get yourself dressed.”
“You sure?”
I nod, shooing him away, “I’ll get one of the others to help.” He listens after a few empty threats, leaving me to my own devices. Standing on too thin legs I make my way across my room and into the hall after him. I am breathless by the time I reach the stairs. Without much thought I plop down on the metal stairs and scoot down with a solid grip on the railing. IM is waiting at the bottom patiently, a small, proud smile on his face.
“All the way down, look at you,” He offers me a hand to get back on my feet. “You heading out?”
“Yep, I’ll only be gone for a little bit. Haneul just wants to check in after everything.”
“She has been extra nice since your shooting,” He points out as he escorts me towards the garage door. 
“She feels responsible for me, she’s been like that since we met. I’m sure she’s just going to give me a check up and send me home with a blessing.”
“Let’s hope it’s just that,” Wonho chimes in as he joins us. “Are you feeling like a car or a motorcycle?”
“Motorcycle!”
IM scoffs, “Why do even bother asking?”
We all head into the garage, IM hands me my red leather jacket while Wonho pulls his own black one on. He climbs on the bike and offers me a hand to climb on behind. 
“Be safe, okay?” IM warns as he hands us our helmets. 
I tsk, “You guys worrying is going to jinx me.”
“I’ll be there the whole time, nothing will happen to her on my watch,” The other man does little to offer our brother comfort. I just roll my eyes at them as I pull my helmet on, hiding my small smile, thankful for their concern. “Ready?” Wonho’s voice echoes through the Bluetooth in my helmet.
I tighten my hold around his waist, putting little effort to hold myself on the gas tank, “Yep!”
IM opens the small garage door, allowing us to zoom out and into the small parking lot outside of the shop. We are buzzed through the tall bar wire fence before we are able to make it to the street. It’s an amazing feeling to have the world rush pass me, the night lights just neon blurs in my peripheral. The ride isn’t that long, Wonho pulls in front of the luxurious looking club and parks his bike there. A valet comes up to us but my brother shoots him away.
“We are just going to be here for a minute,” He tells the other man, “Haneul is just checking in.”
The man nods and quickly escorts us to the door. Hyolyn is there picking at her nails, her eyes shift up to find us standing in the door way and widen almost comically. “The great Natasha lives!” With that she charges at me, nearly taking me to the ground, “I’ve missed that sweet face of yours!”
I smile as I accept her hug, “I’ve missed you too.”
“Hey, hey, hey, get your grubby hands off her,” Wonho easily peels the girl off of me, ignoring her whines and kicks. “We are here to see the boss lady and that’s it.”
“Since when have you been such a mama bear? What happened to your companies ‘you are on your own’ motto?’
I raise my brows at her, “You are a year and a half behind, don’t be stupid.”
Her pout falters as a guilty look settles over her features, “Sorry. Come on, I’ll bring you to her.”
“You good to walk all the way back there?” Wonho questions as we begin the long track into the club. 
I nod, “We are going into the lions den, gotta keep a brave face.”
Things are in full throttle with girls all over the place, men young and old alike chasing after them. My brother is hot on my heels the moment he catches sight of a man eyeing me up even in my condition. I let him puff his chest and glare the man down. We reach the door to the back and my whole body is asking me to stop. I’m so tired but I’m this far, I can make it down the hall without collapsing, at least I think I can. Many of the girls wandering through the halls greet me with beautiful smiles, a few offer hugs, some attempt to chat but my brother makes them move along as politely as he can, which isn’t polite at all but I let it slide. My legs are going to give out any moment and I would prefer not to cause a scene. 
When we arrive at Haneul’s office Hyolyn knocks once before letting herself in. The moment we step inside Wonho scoops me up to dump me in one of the comfortable chairs in front of Haneul’s desk. 
“Can you get her some water?” He all but demands from Hyolyn.
“Please don’t raise your voice at my girls,” A voice warns from behind a room divider near the back corner of the room. Wonho tenses as he crouches down close to me, now using me as a shield to hide from the fierce woman. The tanned goddess comes out with a tray in her hands and a smile on her beautiful face. She clicks over to me in her heels, her black wavy locks bounce with every step against her back. In leather pants and a fire engine red silk blouse, she looks like the boss she is. Her warm brown eyes find my own, her smile becomes more genuine as she sets the tray on her desk and comes to greet me, “How is my favorite little bird doing?”
I chuckle at the old nickname, “I’ve been better but I’ve also been worse.”
“Have your brothers been taking good care of you since your dad has been out? I talked to him earlier today on the phone, he’s upset he couldn’t join us today.”
“Yea, when he got your call last week about that meeting in the states he didn’t think he would be gone this long but those guys there are spoiling him rotten with information. He said he should have your moneys worth when he get home later this week.”
She beams at me, “I can’t wait. Now enough about him, how is your physical therapy going? Do you need anything that I can get you?”
“She’s fine,” Wonho mumbles next to me, earning himself a deadly glare.
“I’m fine, really,” I answer before he can earn her true wrath. “The boy have been great, the doctor visits have been great, therapy has been great. Thank you again for paying for the bills, you did not have to do that. We have more than enough to cover them.”
“So do I. Spending money on my friend is worth every penny. I am just happy you are still kicking, I don’t know what I would have done if something had happened to my little bird.” She my head fondly, “I’m still so sorry about this whole thing but I really need a favor.”
I raise my brows at that, “A favor? I know I said I’m fine but I can’t even walk a city block without having to take a break, I can’t go on a job just yet.”
“Wonho, could you step out with Hyolyn for a moment while we chat?”
“No thanks,” He quickly responds.
“I’ll be fine,” I pat his arm reassuringly, “Plus I’m pretty sure I saw Seungcheol oppa out there working. Go harass him for a while.”
It takes a few tugs from Hyolyn to get my brother out of the room, “I’ll be right out here if you need me!” He shouts as she gets him out the door, closing it behind him.
“So what’s this favor?”
She smiles softly, “How about some tea first?” The Latin woman pulls away to return to her desk, she pours me a cup of tea and adds a little sugar and honey before handing it off to me. Leaning against the desk she stares down at me, “I have these friends who lost the person they care about almost a year ago. I am partly the reason she left, so my dear friend is extremely upset with me.”
“And what do you want me to do about it?” 
“Well, I was wondering if you would do me the biggest favor and spend a little time with him and one of his brothers.”
“Why me?” I question.
“Drink some of your tea before it gets cold,” she tells me first. She waits until I take a few sips, “You look a lot like the girl. It might help them get some rest if they spend some time with you.”
I hold the cup out to her, “No thank you. Can you please get Wonho oppa? I’m ready to go.”
“Drink, please, I’m not done talking.” She gently shoved it back at me. 
I begrudgingly take a big drink in hopes of finishing it and leaving, “I won’t do it. I love you Unni and I appreciate everything you do for me but I can’t do that. Ask me for anything else and you’ve got it.”
“This is the only thing I need. I swear it won’t be anything ual. Just let them hug you and maybe sleep next to you for a bit. I know you don’t want to, I know the bad memories are all coming back but it won’t be like that. You have my word. They just need a moment of peace, can you please do that for me?”
I want to leave. I want my brother to come and take me home so I don’t have to leave ever again. My hands are shaking, Hanuel silently urges me to drink the last of my tea before taking the clattering cup and saucer away. She set that aside, crouches down in front of me and rubs my knees in a attempt to calm the shakes that erupt through my body. Part of me feels as if I have to say yes, Hanuel got me to where I am now, I should be able to do this favor for her.
“I can’t.”
“It’s okay little bird,” she moves to hug me, resting my head in the crook of her neck. “I’m sorry, I didn’t want to make you upset. Just breath okay? You should feel okay in a minute.”
My toes are tingling. Then my fingers are, panic attempts to set in but is pushed away by a sudden sense of calm. The shaking stops. 
I choke out a cry as realization creeps in.
“You didn’t.” I hope and pray she didn’t do this to me but the familiar feeling of a sedative cocktail begins to buzz through my whole body. I choke out a cry as the world begins to go fuzzy. “No, no, no! I don’t want to go to sleep!”
She just shushes me, my body slowly going numb, “It okay, it’s okay, you’ll just take a good rest and then everything should be fine. You’ll do so good.”
“Please don’t make me,” my words begin slurring together.
Haneul ignores my pleas, kissing the top of my head and rocking me gently back and forth. She mumbles under her breath to me as everything fades away, “Everything will be okay little bird.”